“Absolutely fabulously romantic”
Review of Anchor In Hotel

Anchor In Hotel
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 17 April 2007

HI My boyfriend and I staying in the Anchor In for 3 nights whilst visiting Cape Cod. It was fantastic.....set right on the water with fab views. The staff could not have been more helpful especially Chris! Renovated rooms were spacious and bright and for value could not be beaten.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Holmania
Write a ReviewReviews (1,148)

Reviewed 11 April 2007

My husband and stayed at the Anchor In [--] for two nights to celebrate our 15-year anniversary. Upon our arrival, there was a complimentary bottle of champagne left for us in our room (the Osterville, which was 75-feet from the water). The room was beautifully decorated, very clean, with great views of the harbor. You can see the ferries coming in and going out. We were recommended to some great restaurants. At the Roadhouse Cafe[--]we enjoyed delicious lobsters and drinks, while enjoying jazz music in the jazz room. Would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant when in the area, as well as, staying at the Anchor In.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mt1089gren
Reviewed 6 March 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Anchor In for just one night (March 3). We had been to Cape Cod twice before, and since our favorite spot was closed for the season, I chose the Anchor In because of the price, and the reviews on this site.

We were not disappointed. The property doesn't look great from the outside, but the inside has been completely renovated. We stayed in the East Wing, in a deluxe room ($97/night USD). It was beautiful, with a great harbour view. The beds were more comfortable than the $300/night room we had the night before in downtown Boston! Definitely good value.

The staff was friendly and offered great suggestions for dinner and touring. We had dinner at the British Beer Company on Main (great live music!) and enjoyed a day trip to nearby Chatham (just out of a picture book!). Would recommend both.

Continental breakfast was served (7-9am - and we are not early risers). A nice way to start the day.

Enjoyed our off-season getaway to Cape Cod, and would definitely return to the Anchor In.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HernameisRio
Reviewed 5 January 2007

If I could give this hotel four and a half stars I would. My daughter and I stayed a night at the Anchor In Hotel in late November. The off-season room rate was VERY good. I'm not sure, however, that I would pay the high season rates. While our room was tastefully decorated and the little touches, like a feather comforter and prettily folded towels, made us feel pampered, the room size was on the small size. The Continental breakfast was more than enough, and tasty, too. My biggest complaint would be a communication issue. When I booked our room I inquired of their ferry parking that was advertised on their website and described as "an easy walk." It wasn't. At least not to the Hy-Line ferry. Turns out it was a 20 minute run/walk to the ferry, dragging our suitcases and other bags (could have been a great Samsonite luggage commercial!). And then we nearly missed the ferry! It would have been nice if the staff had warned me of the distance when I mentioned the Hy-Line at the time of my phone inquirey, when we paid for the parking (separate from the hotel bill), or when we asked for directions. When we got to the ferry, winded and exhausted, we noticed ferry parking was only a few yards away and just $10.00/day. Live and learn! All that aside, our stay was a pleasant one.

• Stayed: November 2006
4  Thank Dineyander
Reviewed 6 November 2006

Stayed for 2 nights during last week in October. Wonderful view of harbor from sunroom with comfortable chairs for eating continental breakfast. The innkeepers were nice and very helpful. Comfortable rooms in small property, which we liked a lot. Overall experience at hotel was above average, but they did not honor the AAA discount that is advertised by AAA, saying that they give everyone the same low rates. We will contact AAA about that.......

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank newengtraveler
Anchor_In, Owner at Anchor In Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2006

Thank You. It's always a pleasure to read all the wonderful reviews.To make the AAA discount issue as crystal clear as possible>>

We have been Three Diamond Rated by AAA for many consecutive years. AAA does not advertise a discount for Anchor In on their website or in their Tourbook.

As part of our Official Appointment with AAA, we guarantee members the lowest public rate available as described in the AAA Tourbook. "These properties guarantee members the lowest public rate available at the time of the booking for the dates of stay OR a minimum 10% discount off the standard room rates published in TourBook guides. We highlight these properties with red and a SAVE icon to help you quickly identify them."

You can call us or make a reservation on our Anchor In website. You will receive the same low guaranteed rate. We do not use commision based, third party booking agencies which can often result in higher rates.

We have one discount. 25% off for Active Duty Military.
Skip Simpson

Reviewed 29 October 2006

We had a family get together and rented 5 rooms at the hotel for the weekend. The staff was polite and very helpful. The rooms were as lovely as the web pictures depict. They were extremely clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. The views were wonderful. The breakfast was very good. My family had a wonderful time and I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The location and views are perfect. It lived up to all my expectations.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank TA3
Reviewed 19 October 2006

This was the only lodging I could find in tripadvisor.com on Cape Cod that no one had any complaint about. I had a hard time believing that but.....it lived up to its reputation. We spent a week in the new wing and it was excellent. The service was great, there wasn't anything that the innkeepers were not prepared to help with, the location is great and the view even better. We throughly enjoyed our stay and will return next year.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WHB#
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#10 of 22 in Hyannis
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis

Been to Anchor In Hotel? Share your experiences!