Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$233
Fairfield Inn
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$245
Courtyard
US$255
US$224
SeaCoast Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$122
Hyannis Travel Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$112
Holiday Inn Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$100
Anchor In Hotel(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$256
Simmons Homestead Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$156
1,331 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolhearth and kettlegrand cruoutdoor poolwine barkettle restaurantface paintingfamily resortbeach plumkids lovekids activitiesschool vacationhot tubolder kidsbig hitlife guards
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed August 23-26, 2014. We spent 1 full day on site and the other days around Hyannis, etc. For us the location is good. I chose this place based on previous reviews that stated the place was kid-friendly. We have an active 3.5 year old boy. The wave pool is not appropriate for kids under 8 and who are not strong swimmers. The outdoor pool is good between 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for little ones. The summer bonfire and movie is a nice touch. I feel like anyone under age 13 needs to always be accompanied by an adult, which was not the case.

The facilities are pretty nice - pretty flowers, playground, clean rooms, but compared to other resorts I've stayed at it is below average. I'd say it is more like a conference center and large inn. There are other functions happening - weddings, etc. We had our room changed, you should call the hotel directly and request second floor facing the pool or courtyard, otherwise your view will not be good. For example, our first room #509 faces a flower bush! Everything was clean, the staff are all friendly. To really be family-friendly there should be rooms with microwaves or centrally located microwaves for all to use. The food at the Hearth and Kettle is not good, pretty bland.

We would stay again but eat off-site and be sure to request a room on the 2nd floor.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MamiNgwa
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed late summer. 2 adults 2 teens (13 and 14). The Cape Codder has a lot to offer right on site which is great. The 2 pools and lots of other activities available - tennis courts, volleyball net, outdoor sitting areas, and kids activities. Mind you, the kids activities like the sundae bar are all at an additional costs. I was kind of disappointed with that. Charging for every little thing. We ate at the Hearth'n'Kettle restaurant twice. Once the service was awful because they were so busy. Better the next time. Food was good - but it's an average menu. Nothing really unique or exciting about it. Our room was booked last minute and it was obviously the last one left. Room 608 is a first-floor handicapped double-bed room. It was clean and fine, but needs updating, plus it was next to the stairwell so it was a little noisy. I was really impressed with the Lobby.. it's gorgeous, but maybe that $$ would have been better spent in the rooms. And the concierge was lovely!! This was our first time to the Cape and she was a joy to talk to. Every place she recommended worked out perfectly for us. Other Staff that we encountered were all very professional, just sometimes felt a bit over-extended. I thought it as a good location to everything. We drove to the beaches, to downtown Hyannis, Barbara recommended parking that worked perfectly.... everything SO close by. Overall, a nice stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is definitely not top-shelf and there are some negatives, but overall it was a great place for a long weekend with our 5 and 8 year olds. Minor negatives are: the location is a bit far from downtown Hyannis, beds were not very comfy, the rooms are a bit damp and have older style air conditioning units which are definitely a bit noisy. I wish we had requested a room facing the grounds rather than the parking lot. For the kids though, it was awesome. Wave pool with slides was a blast. Hot tubs and outdoor pool were great as well. There were activities for the kids every night; for example a reptile show, bonfires and a DJ dance party. We had good meals for both breakfast and dinner at the restaurants although I found the breakfast to be more overpriced for what you get. I would not choose this for just my husband & I, but definitely would come back with the kids.

Room Tip: Not sure if cost is more, but would ask for a courtyard view rather than parking lot.
3  Thank Kristin L
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Kristin,

I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we offer. We work hard to keep a schedule of events that keep the whole family entertained whether they are here for one night or a week so we are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We are in the process of replacing the A/C units in all guests rooms with the most up to date units and I’m sorry that yours was a little noisy. I have contacted you privately to get the room number so that our engineering department can look into it. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The room accommodations and hotel in general are just fine. Not spectacular...just fine. However, the first night we arrived late and had dinner in the bar area of their acclaimed Hearth & Kettle restaurant. All we could hear was the bartender complaining about certain staff. Maybe it was just an off night. The following day, while my family rested in the room, I went to the bar to have a drink and check emails on my laptop. It was a different bar tender, but the same lambasting of the staff...not directed to me but to other staff members that would listen. It was just constant trashing of fellow staff members and how things aren't being done right. As a customer just looking to get away and relax, the trash talking was entirely out of line and disturbing. It was as if they didn't care that I was there or that I could hear them. Negativity abounds at the Hearth & Kettle.

4  Thank doug k

Doug,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with a few of our staff at the Hearth n’ Kettle. I have contacted you privately to get some more information so that we can address the problem. I can assure you that customer service is a priority at the resort and that the majority of our staff is always ready to help with a smile on their face. I hope you will give us another chance in the future so that we can prove this to you.

Assisant Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We are probably in the minority here, not having kids, not staying for multiple nights, and not caring if we got a room overlooking the carpark.
Room 131 was on the first floor - and there's no lift which made for a couple of trips from the car to the room. Our room was a typically large, motel design with nice bathroom and two queen-size beds which we were happy to claim one each to get a good night's sleep. Good wifi reception.
Had a swim in the pool, and a brief dip in the hot jacuzzi until we were inundated with children and parents (I don't think the lifeguard was strictly sticking to the no kids under 10 rule). We stuck our heads in to look at the wave pool which is clearly a hit with kids of all ages.
The resort has a Hearth & Kettle restaurant which we didn't try but we were thrilled to see a Wholefoods Market down the street where we grabbed lunch and supplies.
Easy checkout process; just told front desk we were leaving to drive to New York at 7.30am and left the keys in the room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes we do cater to families, however we also find many couples really enjoy our resort as well with live jazz at the Grand Cru Wine Bar on weekends, Adult swim hours at the Rainbow Falls Outdoor Pool, and our full service Beach Plum Spa. I have addressed your concerns with our Recreation Manager regarding the age limits not being as well enforced as they should to make sure they are more vigilant in the future. I hope we will see you again in the future!

Assistant Manager