Recently, we went to Hyannis to enjoy a fall long weekend. America's best seemed like a great value with an indoor heated pool, large room with refrige and continental breakfast included. When we got there, we went into our room and noticed a very musty, mildew smell. We thought it was because it was fall and maybe the room wasn't rented that much and so it was closed up. There was also a heavy cigarette smell. We pulled back the bedspread on one of the beds and the back of the bedspread had a huge yellow stain on it. One of the pillow cases had blck marks on it as well. We would have left but we called other hotels and they were now all booked. We decided to stay but use the other bed only. The next morning, my wife went to take a bath and lifted the rubber mat in the bottom of the tub to find a science experiment growning on the underside. It wasn't just mildew. There were actually mold cultures with fuzz about 3/4" tall growing!!!! We went down to the desk and they were very apologetic and said they would take care of it. Well they did. They took the mat away and never brought a new replacement one so we had to shower the next morning in a slippery tub with no mat.
At this point, we would not even consider eating the continental breakfast or swim in the indoor pool which didn't look that clean anyway. There are also a lot of homeless people that walk around the hotel property and sidewalks in front at night so make sure, if you stay there, that you lock up your car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seasonal Property- Open April 15th thru October 31st, Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Cape Cod is a wonderful 2 floor, 84 guestroom property conveniently located in Hyannis, the heart of beautiful Cape Cod. Our tastefully decorated guestrooms offer modern in-room conveniences and quality amenities for the comfort of our guests. The name says it all - comfortable and quality accommodations at a valued price. Perfect getaway for couples and vacationing families. Relax and enjoy the value. We are centrally located in Downtown Hyannis' "famous Main Street Waterfront District". Our hotel is a short walk to Hyannis Harbor, ferry services to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, Cape Cod Scenic Railroad, the Kennedy Memorial, the beautiful beaches, and wonderful Main Street shopping which has waterfront dining. Our inn is the best value for clean and comfortable rooms in Cape Cod. Enjoy our gigantic indoor heated pool and outdoor pool with a sundeck. Guestroom amenities include wireless internet, refrigerators, premium cable TV, telephones, air conditioning, and a complimentary breakfast. You'll find it all at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites. We're right on Main Street in Hyannis, the very heart of the Cape...always close to the sights and sounds that make a visit to this wonderland a perennial joy artists' colonies and museums, stores and charming antique shops, restaurants, movies and summer theaters, churches. Everywhere there are meandering roads and picturesque villages. Nearby are challenging golf courses, boat rentals, and superb fishing facilities. Fine, safe beaches on Lewis Bay and Nantucket Sound are mere moments from our door. One stay and you will come to realize what others already have and what has made Americas Best Value Inn so welcoming for so many. So book with Americas Best Value Inn and Suites in Hyannis today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites / Hyannis
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis Hotel Hyannis
- Americas Best Value Inn Hyannis
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis Cape Cod