Heritage House Hotel
Cape Codder Resort & Spa(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$155
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$233
Fairfield Inn
US$255
US$224
Hyannis Travel Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$112
SeaCoast Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$122
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$245
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$100
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
Anchor In Hotel(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$256
All reviewstee timesmain streetoutdoor poolcape codcoffee makerroom was clean and comfortablejfk museummartha's vineyardoff seasonhyannis harborferriesdocksrefrigeratorboston
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband, myself and our son stayed at the hotel for two nights. Upon arrival, the hotel seemed decent from the outside, but after arriving in our room it was clear cleanliness was not a priority. The bathtub was dirty and the rooms were outdated. The next morning we decided to try the breakfast buffet. Although the waitstaff was cordial, they were out of orange juice, eggs and fruit salad for at least 20 minutes. We had to ask for more which is unacceptable at a buffet! We barely at $5 worth of food and the bill was $20 for 2 adults. Also, the creamers for the coffee were spoiled. Overall, location was convenient but for the price we paid, I would not recommend staying here unless you no expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We are over 60, and travel a lot, good place, breakfast included with room, patio great, double bathroom sink great. Down side, exhaust fan not working in bathroom, sink backs up after 2 minutes, we told them, looks like it will be fixed when you get there. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank today12345
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Although it's a pretty average hotel, it's central to everything. You can walk to Main St, the Ferry and commercial docks, it's only a couple of blocks to the Baseball stadium and beach, and there are about 100 restaurants within a mile or two.

So all things being equal, we were there to enjoy Cape Cod. The room was OK for sleeping and was obviously older but clean. But no problem because we hardly spent any time there. After a daily event we all loved coming back to swim in the outdoor pool.

We had made reservations on the internet and were told when we checked in that IF we had reserved directly with the hotel, they would have offered us free breakfasts. But since we had used Expedia, there was no breakfast for the 4 of us. I figured that would have saved us about $25 per day--so if I do come back, we'll shop the rates knowing that a breakfast might be the deal breaker.

Room Tip: Demand to be in the main building, the out buildings smell musty. Most rooms have a balcony, poolside is the active side. The pool opens at 11 and closes at dusk, so it's quiet.
1  Thank EnglewoodDane
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Checked in on 7/19/13 pulled down comforter and found a bed bug. Went to front desk, told them and they moved me to another room. I stripped both beds and inspected mattresses and box springs. I didn't find anything. However that night I slept on top of the bed with the lights on in hopes that any bed bugs might stay at bay. 7/20/13 getting ready to go to bed and I see a bed bug on me and biting me. I immediately packed up my stuff, went to the front desk and checked out but not before telling the front desk lady that I wouldn't be paying for a 2nd night. She told me that the manager wasn't in and that she couldn't authorize this. So I will be addressing this with the manager in the morning.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
3  Thank Jeff P
Mark W, General Manager at Heritage House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Dear Jeff P,

My Executive Housekeeper and I personally inspected your original room immediately after you asked to have your room switched on the afternoon of 7/19/13. We found NO evidence of a bed bug ever being in that room. My staff informed me that you could not produce any bed bugs when you came to the front desk and asked to switch rooms. Upon your departure Saturday evening, I inspected your second room that you stayed in for a day and a half and once again found NO bed bugs. You were with a group of 8 rooms and no one else in your party had any issues with anything in their rooms. My staff is thoroughly trained on what we need to look for to determine if there is any possibility of bed bugs and I can confirm that we still have never had a problem at our hotel. We are an independently owned hotel and we pride ourselves on our cleanliness standards and taking responsibility for all guest related matters. I take great exception to you writing a review online that has zero credibility. Furthermore, we did not charge you for the second night even though you stayed in the room until 10:51PM on Saturday evening.

Christopher Daale

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for four nights. When we arrived the receptionist was in tears on the phone dealing with an (irate) customer, she perked up once we were nice to her. The hotel was good and clean. The staff always friendly. However the weather during our stay was not usual and it was quite cold and other than the beach , hotel pool and a few shops there isn't much to do.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms above the pool. I think this created a bizarre smell in the area above it. Not unpleasant, but if you have a sensitive nose maybe ask to not be here!