“Disgraceful”

Cascade Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Cascade Motor Lodge
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Canada
“Disgraceful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2008

We drove down on Friday night, August 15th, and we were going to stay 2 nights, and when we arrived, i walked in the office and it smelled of dampness, and looked really messy. We walked in our room and it had a dirty facecloth on the floor, don't know where that came from. The beds weren't fixed nicely. The walls and ceiling were full of mildew. I would've rathered slept in the car, but it was already late, so we slept one night and checked out the next morning and luckily found another place to stay. The owner did not give us problems, which was good, but he probably knew that it was not clean. When we were leaving the next morning, there was a cat roaming around that looked like it hadn't eaten in days was trying to get in our room, it was meowing cause it was probably hungry. Obviously hearing from the other reviews, you are allowed pets, but it was a fast booking, so we didn't know that. Then we saw their pool, and it was green, I mean, if the pool isn't kept up to date, then imagine the rooms. I realize it is a motel, but i've been to other motels and they were much cleaner. Sorry!

• Liked — It was near the restaurants and stores
  • Disliked — the cleanliness
4 Thank Smiley28Canada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montreal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

My wife and I, along with my brother and sister-in-law stayed at this place on Aug 8th. Let me tell you the place is an absolute dump!
The owner/manager greeted us (barefooted) in a smelly reception area. As I opened the door to our room I found a dirty rag on the floor in the entrance and the SMELL....wow it was just horrible! It smelled like a bunch of dead pigs were under the beds, and the mold.....just gross!
I won't even tell you what I found in my sheets!!! OK I must(somebody's crustation from the previous visit) just nasty!
Please take EXTREME CAUTION anywhere is better than this place and I have stayed in some pretty bad places before but this place takes the cake!
We ended up in Yarmouth about a 5 minute drive from this motel at the BAYSIDE RESORT and we had a wonderful time I really recommend it there! There are lots of motels/hotels in Yarmouth which are 10 min drive from Mayflower beach which is an absolute beautiful beach!
Hope this review helps someone in the future, if so then my job is done!

2 Thank Dee5555

Travellers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

North Branford, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

My wife and I (and our two small dogs), stayed for one night. What you get is a clean small room with a frig and TV. Don't expect anything else like soap, ice, swimmable water in the pool, etc. The pluses are that it's cheap, allows dogs for a small fee, has a great location, and has bikes available. I highly recommend Perseys Place for breakfast (a 1 minute walk towards town) and Spanky's for lunch or dinner (a 10 minute walk towards the dock). The location seemed reasonably quiet considering it's right on Main Street and that people were coming and going deep into the night and early morning.

• Liked — location, price
2 Thank JimDebReb
massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

recently stayed at the cascade for 3 nights. great location and not bad for the price. upon check in, we noticed a broken window in the room near the bed. the window was cracked in half, and there was a hole the size of a drink coaster. we brought it to the attention of the man at the front desk, who i believe was the owner. he checked out the situation, saw that there was no glass inside the room, and said he would put some tape over it. we returned from dinner, it wasn't done. because it was late, i didn't want to bother him. i asked him again on saturday morning. he told me that his repair man was not available to monday. i told him i didn't need it repaired, i wanted the window patched with tape. he said he would take care of it. saturday night we returned, it still wasn't patched. i didn't bother talking to the manger again, because i could see where this was going. monday morning we left with the hole still in the window.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank johnniemac33
Westminster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

Want to relive your days back in the 60's? Maybe you'd like to experience genuine vintage decor and furniture? Or maybe you just want night a warm bed a night. You'll get all of these with a stay at the Cascade Motor Lodge! It's no stay at the Ritz, but are you staying in Hyannis to sleep all day or hit the beaches and sail to one of the islands?

At first glance, the entire property, workers, and animals, look a bit worn, but they provide family style living. I have never encountered more of a pet friendly place than this. I only wished I had brought my pooch along! I'm also surprised how quiet and clean the facility was given all the pets allowed!

I did have to wait upon check in even though I gave a specific time, but a simple cell phone call into the office got the employee's attention and I told him I was outside the office waiting to check in.
If you're not accustomed to true vintage style with the faded colors and the difference in furniture styles from today, the place can have a dingy appearance. It actually stunned me a bit, but it grew on me over time!

As for location: you couldn't pick a better spot! With only a 2 minute walk to the ferries, you'll be sailing in no time! Also, the lodge is located at the end of the shopping strip! We walked the entire strip without realizing it because we were so busy window shopping, watching the entertainment on the streets, and smelling all the aromas from the many eateries nearby!

Pro's:
lots of parking
walking distance to everything under the sun
walking distance to several arcades, bowling allies, karyoke, nightlife, dancing, arts, ferries, family beach photographers, comedians, and so much more!!!
there's tons of places to eat: buffets, family style, formal, semi formal, candy shops :)
completely bug free and clean!!
some dishes provided in rooms with stove tops
AC
the owner has about 3 million bicycles, I'm not even joking!
extremely pet friendly: also check out the beaches and parks nearby that are pet friendly! There are quite a few!
hot water all the time
hard misted showers: all the soap rinses off quickly
Wifi

Cons:
Wifi needed to be used outside for best results
no shampoo or conditioner
place looks a bit worn
T.V not in bedroom for those getting amenities package
furniture small and worn
smells like wood in the rooms
owner doesn't seem that friendly, but house keeping staff(his daughters) are extremely nice and helpful!
no elevators
limited pillows

• Liked — Location, Pet friendly, limited income friendly as well as surrounding eateries
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karazona
austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

We stayed here one night and will defintely be back. The motel location, room, staff, and bike rentals exceeded all our expections.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank meeeeeeeeeeee
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2007

For a one-night stay, this hotel was acceptable, with that old Cape-Cod "charm" (read: musty and worn). Beds and bathrooms were clean. Office (and office help) had seen better days, but for the price (about $60.00 for two), we were happy enough. We were particularly happy that we could park our car at the hotel (back of the lot) for a reasonable cost while traveling over to Nantucket for a few days.

• Liked — reasonable parking instead of paying fees for Steamship parking lots
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends