“Could Have Been So Much Better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Brockton, MA
“Could Have Been So Much Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

I recently stayed at this property for one night. At check in I requested a room with regular mattresses rather than the sleep number beds that were leftover from when the property was a Radison Hotel. When I got to the room I found that my room had the sleep number beds. When you sit on a sleep number bed the outside edges of the mattress are firm and the center of the mattress is soft. I went to the front desk to report this and the manager told me the man I spoke to did not know that particular room had the sleep number beds. That made me wonder why he would give me this room after I specifically asked for a room with regular mattresses. Not very honest. I am sure they have some way of marking which rooms have new mattresses as opposed to the old sleep number ones. The manager did get back to me with a room on the other side of the hotel far away from where the rest of my family was staying that I could switch to. I decided to stay where I was since we only had one person in each bed which worked out alright and it was only for one night. Just disappointed to be given incorrect information.
The hotel itself is very attractive and has many sitting areas which are very comfortable. This includes lots of outside sitting areas also..
The hotel rooms are also very nicely appointed. The bathroom is especially nice with a very large shower.
We also had breakfast at the restaurant which was pricey. We had the buffet which I believe was around $12. It had the usual eggs, french toast, bacon, fruit and pastries along with cereal. It might have been better if they were able to keep the food warm. I noticed that they had small warmers underneath the plans but did not keep them covered so any heat was lost. I am sure they can do a better job with this breakfast buffet. There was a very nice person named Jessica who was working there. She was very friendly and helpful.
Some extra training probably is in order for this hotel. Front desk could be more friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. Once they remove the old mattresses I am sure these rooms will be great. Not sure why they would choose to keep these sleep number beds anyway. So may people have had problems with them. Especially where you can't adjust it yourself. You have to get maintenance to come to your room to do that. Just strange.

Room Tip: Please check bed when you get in your room. You may have to pull the bed out from the wall to see i...
2 Thank MCMcBrockton_MA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ithaca, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Our family depends on Hilton properties for our vacations since the accommodations, service, amenities and ambiance are top notch. It appears that this property was opened hurriedly to get some of the summer business on the Cape. The front desk staff did not appear well-trained in the operations of the hotel nor were they savvy in customer service. Our check in process was clumsy as well as being beyond the check-in time. The guest rooms were attractively furnished and the duvet and sheets warm and soft. I fully expected to be sleeping on a "Sweet Dreams" bed, but to my dismay it was a Sleep Number Bed, left over from the former Radisson Hotel. There was no way to adjust the air in the mattress unless you called for a maintenance man to come to the room with his machine. I awoke with a bounce every time my husband got out of the bed. The hotel bar was staffed with a lovable and friendly bartender who was a master at preparing drinks. Unfortunately, most drinks cost $10.00 which seems a bit high. A plus to this property was the outside patio where a gas fired fire pit was lit at night. It was a pleasant place in the daytime as well with a multi-pillowed sofa and many umbrella top tables. For those so inclined, the fitness center was fantastic. The pool looked to be a good size, but was not open at ours that meshed with our schedule. The hotel is set up in a strange pattern with the restaurant at the far end of the property. We much prefer the Hampton Inn which is not far from this location.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with new beds and not the old Sleep Number Beds. You can tell by looking in t...
1 Thank nanci_h_b
Boston,MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

The place has just been re-done and it is great. THe room was large and very nicely furnished and the bathroom was also very nicely done. Our room (162) had a large stall shower rather than a bathtub. We much preferred it to the typical bathtub/shower arrangement. The room had all the amenities,, lots of lamps and lights, plenty of power outlets, a very large flat screen TV, a frig. rather than a minibar, good work desk, comfortable bed etc. If I did not know better, the room could pass for a room in a 5 star hotel.

We will be back.

Room Tip: If you want the stall shower, ask. Not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Carmel, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed one night on the way to our rental on the outer Cape. Easy access to Main Street and Harbor. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, good wi-fi. The concierge was able to recommend many good golf courses. Had a delicious breakfast in the restaurant. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

It is great to have a second Hilton Hotel option on Cape Cod (fairly new Hampton Inn is the other). This is a remodeled hotel that they have done an excellent job with. The room was great and the staff was pleasant and professional. A very big improvement over the hotel that was previously there.

We did not try the restaurant... the prices did look on the high side, and I had my three kids

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Boston MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Great for a weekend stay because it is 2 min drive to the center of lively Hyannis MA. The staff was so-so, salt water outside pool very nice. We were mostly surprised by the large team at the breakfast buffet, but no service. Regarding hotel: I would say average atmosphere in the rooms, but clean and complete with large good quality flat screen + the regular coffee maker etc. The very nice (and new) salt water pool outside made me give "very good" as overall rating. Indeed there is an airport next door, but I don't think it was busy at nigh (no complaints).

Philadelphia PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

When I look for hotels, the three things that are important are: 1) cleanliness, 2) strong wi-fi and 3) a gym. This hotel hits all three and so much more. Since it’s brand-new, it is very clean. Housekeeping did a great job each day, no worries there. Extra towels? Check. They also use duvets instead of bedspread covers, I personally think duvets are much cleaner (cause they get washed) and will pretty much only stay in places that use duvets. I scour online photos to see if they are duvet or bedspread.

The wi-fi is FREE and very strong. Easy log-in. This was very useful since we had 2 ipads, laptop, and iphone. Thank you, thank you!! What a relief to know I could get some work done and the kiddos could enjoy their ipads.

The coup d’etat was the FULL SIZED GYM. You heard it here folks, an actual honest-to-goodness gym for your benefit! It seems that the Cape Cod Fitness Center is located in the lower level of the hotel, next to the pool. And it’s an actual gym, not the two treadmills and a couple of dumbbells in a closet that passes for a hotel gym at some places. It’s got 6 TVs, 10 treadmills, 10 ellipticals, a bunch of bikes, tons of weight lifting equipment and a studio for classes. I did the spinning class one morning, what a treat. It’s not a spa-like gym, like Equinox, but hey, it’s full-sized. The Mr. and I got up at 6:30 AM, taking turns going to work out, we were so excited. Or maybe it was cause our kids were kicking us as they were sleeping in bed. Either way, excellent way to start the day.

On top of this, the service was WONDERFUL everywhere in the hotel. We checked in after 10+ hours of driving, a gentleman named Swainson was kind enough to show me two different room types before we settled on one. Then our friends (who were in a connecting room) had their air unit go on the fritz so they were able to switch both our rooms without a problem. Marissa at the front desk was also well versed in our Hilton Gold benefits (someone trained them well) and we felt truly welcomed (unlike some other places, I’m talking to you Starwoods!)

Breakfast each morning in the Ivy Room was great. Holly, the waitress, is truly a gem. A local Cape native, she shared with us all kinds of great information. She was also able to talk to the chef for me and got a copy of his granola recipe!! The granola is amazing. Each morning, there was eggs, bacon or sausage, breakfast potatoes, cereals, fruits, pancakes or French toast, oatmeal with fixings, 3 types of juice, coffees, and other things I can’t quite recall.

Everyone really made our stay such a pleasure. The front desk and concierge would always say hello, welcome back, and had wonderful recommendations for us each day. Jose, who works at the bar area off the lobby, would always offer some drinks or a cold glass of water to anyone who sat in the lobby area. He was always smiling and offering to help with anything, what a great person to have as an ambassador for your brand!

The only negative would be that the hotel has a weird layout, it takes some time to figure out the best way to get to your room. But from what I understand, the rooms in the 100s and 200s are closest to the gym and restaurant and the 300s and 400s are closest to the outdoor pool.

A big thank you to the Doubletree at Cape Cod, you truly made our vacation memorable!

1 Thank GNJL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
SeaCoast Inn
SeaCoast Inn
#3 of 22 in Hyannis
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,237 reviews

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis? Share your experiences!