“Overcooked, confused wait staff”
Review of Outback Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Centerville, Massachusetts
“Overcooked, confused wait staff”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We went for dinner mid week after x-mas shopping. Wait staff were confused on who owned our table so it took way too long to get drink orders and dinner orders placed. Steaks ordered medium came out well done, really unattractive. Many people were complaining of the same issue at the tables around us. When I requested a glass of water to wash down my briquette of steak it took 15 minutes to get it. I started drinking my boyfriend's beer while I waited. As we like to say, "one and done" I would not go back and am glad we did not take any visitors with us. Management really needs to make sure wait staff know who owns which tables and get the kitchen staff to cook steaks properly. I hope another steak place takes over the Outback at this location.

• Visited December 2013

Harwich Port, Massachusetts
“Worst dinner ever!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Been to Outback few times before and always thought it was good place for casual dinner with great variety of food and drinks. Dont think i'll ever be back.
Arrived at 7:55. Few tables around, but most done with their food so the place is clearing out. Waitress came pretty quick, ordered couple sodas, mixed drink and nachos....
8:15 Sodas arrived. Ordered meals.
8:25 Bread arrived, asked where my drink was, watching waitress go to the bar and come with it right back, don't know how long it was sitting there. Watched the manager go the booth behind us to apologize for food they had to send back.
8:40 Waiting... Eventually waitress comes back to say that kitchen lost our order and could we order again, because she doesnt know what the order was. Both nachos and dinners that were ordered in a different time. Ordered again. Minus the nachos.
8:50 Meals arrived. My husbands chicken was fine, but my medium rare steak didnt look like it was cooked at all, was red throughout and steamed broccoli that came with it was uncooked.
Watched the manager go to now the only other table around to tell them kitchen is very busy and its gonna be a little longer for food... gotta be 10 people in the whole place, waitstaff just chatting in front, just sounded odd... I guess manager got tired of talking and disappeared after that.
9:05 Different waitress brought us check and we left without a chance to talk to anyone.
This is absolutely the worst dinner i've ever had in any restaurant, anywhere. Save yourself money and frustration and go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2013
xocmcxo87
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reminded me of the RMV, lots of waiting.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

First my gingerale tasted like straight syrup, not the servers fault but it was still gross. So I got a sprite instead.  When my husband unwrapped his silverware set-up there was a hair wrapped in it.. gross.  We ordered a bloomin onion to start and I got a lunch deal that was a salad and a burger and my husband ordered a burger.  After about a half hour the manager came over and said they cooks burnt the onion so he was having them make a new one. Ten minutes later the onion came out. Still no salad. At this point another table has been sat in our servers station and the women at the table ordered the same meal deal with a salad and hers came right away. Mine came a couple minutes after hers and it had a HAIR in it. I told the server right away and she never apologized she said "ill go tell them" and walked away. 5 minutes later she brought a new one out and said the reason there was a hair in it was because the guy wearing the hair net made it?!? Still no burgers! So now its been an hour and after everything so far we told her we wanted to leave and cancel the burgers cause its taking way longer then it should (max 12 tables in the whole place, with at least 4 servers). She said yeah it has taken a long time, walked around the corner to the kitchen and started screaming at the cooks, we heard their whole argument. Sounded like the cooks hadn't even started cooking the burgers.  The manager came over said he would take care of the bill and we left. The whole time our server had no more then 3 tables at once, she never said sorry for a single thing and obviously didnt care about a thing. We will never be returning.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank xocmcxo87
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“From a fellow server, this was just sad.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband arrived about 10 minutes before me and our daughter. We tend to favor the booths around the bar and they willingly cleared one for him and he waited for us.... and waited.... and waited. We arrived and also waited.... atleast 5 minutes before anyone came by for a drink order.
Our waitress finally came by with drinks from the bar but not our daughter's and not wanting to let her slip away we placed our order. App- Tassi bites, they were great. Next came the salad it was very nice as well.
Neither of these deliverd by our server and my daughter still had nothing to drink. Next came the steak, ordered med well, came out med rare also not delivered by our server.
Finally she comes by to greet another table and we had the opportunity to snag her and ask to have the steak cooked more. It came out very well done and dry.
This used to be our go-to spot, and it used to be great. Now it seems as though they just don't care. Our server was practically nonexistent and only smiled when she handed us the check. She seemed bored and complacent. It was truly sad. Don't think we'll be back.

• Visited November 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Ok Meal”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went here for a change from seafood. The restaurant is nice inside, service good and no problem being seated.

Our order of french onion soup and the prime rib dinner were ok but I would say we've had better at some other steakhouse restaurants. The bill total with one drink came to $36.40 tax included.

Probably wouldn't go to this Outback in future as we have no immediate plans on returning to the area.

• Visited September 2013