“A Hyannis Staple”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our menu offers everything from native seafood dishes, such as cioppino and blackened swordfish, to Italian specialties and pasta dishes, and a variety of choice steaks. If you're looking for a lighter bite, look no further than our Bistro where we offer salads, sandwiches and thin-crust gourmet pizzas in addition to our full dinner menu. A carefully culled wine list, 20 of which are available by the glass, and nearly 30 beer selections round it all out. House-made desserts, espresso and cappuccino are the perfect ending to a perfect evening at the Roadhouse Cafe. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a private party of 150, let the Roadhouse Cafe make your evening a memorable one.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The Roadhouse Café has been around for many, many years. Some years have been better than others. This was a very good year! Atmosphere, service, table, food....excellent. I was disappointed that the fried oyster plate was no longer on the menu, but the delicious fresh salmon with spinach and mashed potato made up for it! My husband had haddock with mashed potatoes and, instead of the asparagus, it was plated with broccoli....which did not make him happy. Our waiter said he would gladly put in the order for asparagus and he didn't know why the vegetable substitution. We left with 2 bottles of their homemade salad dressing which, in itself, is worth an evening here. Comparable pricing, too.

Colombo C, Owner at The Roadhouse Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thanks for your review, Marilyn! Glad to have served you for many years! See you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

A group of us had dinner here recently. Our choices included lobster, salmon,chicken, veal, steak and haddock. We all thought our meals were very tasty. This restaurant has nice ambiance with a quiet atmosphere. We enjoyed the piano music while we dined.
This is a nice choice for a dinner out in Hyannis.

Thanks so much for your nice words! We hope to serve you and friends again very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

By any of the usual standards that we apply to eating out, this was a fairly dismal evening. It did not start well.

They have an online reservation system. We used it. We received email confirmation. We arrived on time. They had no record of us. We showed the guy the email. He shrugged.

There then seemed to be some confusion between servers as to whose table we were at. That resulted in three of them asking if we would like drinks. Which, I suppose is better than none of them asking. We said to the third that orders had already been taken. Who by, she asked. We said “him”. She shrugged.

After some while, “he” came to take a food order. Then we waited. And waited some more. Fifty minutes had passed before we’d had enough and eventually managed to flag him down. He said “the food should have up by now, I put the order in 10 minutes ago”. “But that’s 40 minutes after we sat down, you incompetent ejeet”, I replied. OK, I only replied silently in my head. Perhaps, needless to say, there was no apology.

Seemingly in a flash, appetisers then arrived. A perfectly fine chopped salad. And scallops wrapped in smoked bacon, served with a tangy sauce with a little chilli hit in it. This was good by any standards. Or, perhaps as now 65 minutes had passed since we entered, we were just so hungry that our judgement was impaired.

Main courses were also OK, Meatball sliders for one of us. Nice little buns, with a tomato sauce and herby meatballs topped with melted mozzarella. All very tasty. It was advertised as coming with chips. Fries were a chargeable extra. It was ordered with chips. It came with fries (although not charged). Well, of course it did.

Caribbean chicken brought two perfectly fine breasts, a lovely fruit salsa (nicely spiked with chilli), rice (claggy like east Asian sticky rice and my bet is this wasn’t the intention) and some of the least flavoursome asparagus I can recall eating.

We didn’t bother them with dessert.

At the end of the meal, at around the time a tip would be added to the card slip, there was what I suppose passes as an apology. It was one of those “these things happen” apologies that are not an apology whatsoever. Our response was in the tip. We were visitors to the area but I doubt if we were locals, we’d give this place a second chance based on our experience. We know there are other better options easily available.

So sorry for your dismal experience - this is certainly not the norm. We will work with our staff to avoid this from ever happening again.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My husband ordered salmon and I ordered scallops. The scallops were far less done then I would prefer and I sent them back twice but they must have just passed them under the warmer as they came back the way they were before. Having said that, however, what really made our night was listening to the Roadhouse jazz band. They were great! Being a big fan of jazz, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the music. The service was also excellent.

Thanks so much for your review! We hope to serve you again for another night of jazz and delicious food.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Good place to try. They have the tavern or you can try the restaurant. Good bar and plenty of choices for everyone. High end restaurant.

Thanks so much for your kind words! We appreciate you dining with us!