“Review by a local”

Ranked #28 of 189 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“Review by a local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We visit this restaurant occasionally. It is one of the few places to dine on the water. It is located near Hyannis Harbor. If you get there early you can usually snag a small table on the outside deck suitable for two people. It is casual dining, and they have a decent menu to choose from.
Or you choose you can go to the take out side and sit at a picnic table on the other side of the deck. Again this Is more of a casual atmosphere to dine so don't expect anything fancy. It is fun to watch the boats go in and out of the harbor. Or sometimes watch the fishing boats off load their catch nearby.

The food is decent and the price is about typical for this type of restaurant in this area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Den018

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A highlight of my trip to Cape Cod . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was in Hyannisport a couple of weeks ago to visit the Kennedy Compound and other JFK-related sites so, when I read that Baxter's had been a favorite Kennedy eatery, I put it on my list of stops. Boy, am I glad I did!

There is nothing particularly fancy about the place--but I had some of the finest seafood I've had anywhere (New England clam chowder, haddock, scallops, oysters, & clam strips)--and the view, eating on the deck/dock watching ships sail in & out of the harbor, was absolutely unbelievable!

I was there late on a Friday night, not long before closing time, but enjoyed excellent service--& the meal could not have been better; I've been thinking about it ever since!

If I ever have opportunity to be in Hyannis again, I'll hope to pay a return visit to the delicious Baxter's! Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Burchpastor
Bow, New Hampshire
“It was okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Food was good, but prices were too high compared to other places. I would highly recommend Seafood Sam's in Sandwich, much better prices. Also enjoyed Kate's in Brewster.

1 Thank Cheryl E
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Consistently top notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Baxter's is a Cape institution ---- great views, great drinks and awesome seafood. Perfect place to meet friends for a drink and an appetizer, or a full family meal.

Westminster, Maryland
“No kids allowed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Tried to eat here, had a 13 year old with us. While we were told we could sit in the dining room we were told that because we had a child with us we would not be able to get table service. Not quite sure why this is, but they lost our business.