“good place”

Ranked #27 of 191 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
saginaw, tx
“good place”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It was a toss up between Spankys and Baxters and since the desk cerk at the hotel gave us a $5 off coupon we went to Baxters. Great view of the harbor, you can sit inside or out on the deck. Numerous boats coming and going so the view and harbor action is great. I had a generous portion of clam strips and wife had coconut shrimp both excellent. Another reason we went was our 3 kids don't like seafood and there were many other options on the lunch menu besides seafood. The clam chowder was one of the best I tried on our recent vacation and would recommend. The manager looked like the actor Ed Norton from his role in The Illusionist. He did not mess around and kept the waiters hustling for customers. Great place to grab a casual lunch and enjoy the view. Close to main street in Hyannis you can walk or they have a convenient parking lot if you drive. I would recommend this place

1 Thank dickd99

Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“Review by a local”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We visit this restaurant occasionally. It is one of the few places to dine on the water. It is located near Hyannis Harbor. If you get there early you can usually snag a small table on the outside deck suitable for two people. It is casual dining, and they have a decent menu to choose from.
Or you choose you can go to the take out side and sit at a picnic table on the other side of the deck. Again this Is more of a casual atmosphere to dine so don't expect anything fancy. It is fun to watch the boats go in and out of the harbor. Or sometimes watch the fishing boats off load their catch nearby.

The food is decent and the price is about typical for this type of restaurant in this area.

1 Thank Den018
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A highlight of my trip to Cape Cod . . .”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was in Hyannisport a couple of weeks ago to visit the Kennedy Compound and other JFK-related sites so, when I read that Baxter's had been a favorite Kennedy eatery, I put it on my list of stops. Boy, am I glad I did!

There is nothing particularly fancy about the place--but I had some of the finest seafood I've had anywhere (New England clam chowder, haddock, scallops, oysters, & clam strips)--and the view, eating on the deck/dock watching ships sail in & out of the harbor, was absolutely unbelievable!

I was there late on a Friday night, not long before closing time, but enjoyed excellent service--& the meal could not have been better; I've been thinking about it ever since!

If I ever have opportunity to be in Hyannis again, I'll hope to pay a return visit to the delicious Baxter's! Highly recommend!

2 Thank Burchpastor
Bow, New Hampshire
“It was okay.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Food was good, but prices were too high compared to other places. I would highly recommend Seafood Sam's in Sandwich, much better prices. Also enjoyed Kate's in Brewster.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cheryl E
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Consistently top notch!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Baxter's is a Cape institution ---- great views, great drinks and awesome seafood. Perfect place to meet friends for a drink and an appetizer, or a full family meal.

Visited June 2014