“Such a let down”

Ranked #36 of 201 Restaurants in Hyannis
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were looking for a great brunch place, the menu looked great on line, so we ventured over on a weekday around noon. We were the only customers in the restaurant, which should have been a good sign. The waiter promptly took our order, but couldn't tell me what the "gourmet" cheese sauce that was being served with the eggs benedict--once he asked the kitchen I found out the gourmet sauce was american cheese and milk--gourmet? So I went with a simple egg, country sausage, homefries and toast. My daughter had the "Belgian Waffle". Food arrived quickly, but without the homefries--my first reaction to the plate was the site of the country sausage-it was gray and looked unappetizing. Eggs were cooked fine, but the sausage was under seasoned and tasteless. My home fries finally came out and they were just french fries that were super greasy. Waffle was good and the fruit was fresh, but the side of bacon was undercooked and fatty. Tipped well, as the waiter was trying hard for it being his 3rd day, but the food was a disappointment. The decor was dated and should have been another sign of what was to come...plaques for 1992 naming them the best chili--that was 20 years ago! I'd love Gordon Ramsey to get a hold of this place. Sounds like it once had a great legacy.

1  Thank Rebecca A

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I went for breakfast arrive 915 waited ten minutes for a table,ordered right away everything was fine and then we started to wait and wait, finally called the server over and she said she never put our order in so again we waited, we then received our food at 10:40 only to get half of it. Never received everything we order when commented to management they were very rude. Won't be back.

1  Thank Patty D
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Very good breakfast, good coffe and excellent orange juice! The service was nice and a bit slow... normal all seems to be homemade.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here my husband and i ordered a turkey club it was very good the waitress was very nice. We had an odd situation my husband is talking to me then this older man (i presume its the owner) came up to my husband and says Stop talking abd eat. First of all he did not go to any other table but ours we were not loud. I thought that was very rude of him. We won't be going back there again

1  Thank Mmp46
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Good breakfast choices - my bacon, eggs and toast promptly served by an efficient waitress - really good value for money and centrally situated on Main St, Hyannis with both outdoor and indoor seating. Photos of lots of famous customers line the walls - has a long history and high standards still but the decor is showing its age.

1  Thank NomadPerth