“On the Resource List”

Ranked #92 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Vista De Mare is Authentic South American and Galapagos Islands Cuisine (Ecuadorian), specialized in seafood.
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This Restaurant was Cafe e Dolci prior to becoming Vista De Mare. The prices are reasonable, the food tasty, atmosphere comfortable, waitstaff helpful. They changed the menu a bit, keeping the favorites and adding more options.

I had the Fruta de Mare which was very, very good and quite alot of food. Lobster was even added to the generous types of fish already in this dish. My friend had the Eggplant Parm which was also good but I must say that there was to much skin making it hard to cut.

They serve breakfast and lunch as well. Stop in. Check it out.

430 Main St
Hyannis

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stopped in Caffe E Dolci while shopping in Hyannis...with three kids 6 and under. Mommy and Daddy got to enjoy their morning pick-me-up, and the kids got to enjoy delicious baked goods. I had an iced espresso and my wife had an iced cappuccino. The kids had a brownie and cheesecake. (yes, all before lunch so we could actually enjoy it) Everything was delicious, it was very clean, and the people were friendly. We find it tough to find a good espresso place, and this did not disappoint!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am updating a previous review. So sad this place has changed hands. The Italian decor and foods are gone. These were the reasons I would drive 20 minutes out of my way, specialities like pasta with beans and Italian pastries. I loved listening to the banter of the owner speaking Italian.
I would say the new place does not know exactly what it's niche is. The decor is bland blue. Blue is how I felt.

1  Thank caperelli
Reviewed 19 January 2013

My mother and I dropped in looking for something light to eat. The coffee cake was very good. The croissant was light and airy. The hot chocolate was delicious. Love the old time pictures on the wall, tastefully decorated. The service was friendly. Prices were nice. My one critique is that no one greeted us or acknowedged us when we sat at the bar. We weren't sure if we were supposed to order at the counter near the cash register or wait where we were. Eventually the server came over and he was very nice (he was busy when we walked in). I wasn't expecting him to drop everything when we sat down, but a quick "I'll be with you in a moment" would have been helpful.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We go there every time we are on the Cape. Located on main street in Hyannis, the service is attentive, food can take awhile to get to your table but it is worth the wait. Last night I had fettuccine bolognese . It is best when made with 3 meats- veal, pork and beef as it was last night. The sauce had depth to it...mmmgood. Based on what the chef has in the kitchen the taste can vary but it is always good. My friend had spaghettic puttenesca. Another tasty dish. They arrive hot and by the time the food arrives you are ready to dig in. Oh, the bruschetta was also a nice touch.