“Great place for lunch”

Ranked #84 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Vista De Mare is Authentic South American and Galapagos Islands Cuisine (Ecuadorian), specialized in seafood.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

After visiting the JFK Museum we stopped for lunch at this restaurant, mainly because we had parked our car practically at their front door. I admit I was a bit apprehensive as there was no one in the restaurant although the one across the street seemed to be bustling, but we took a chance. I'm so glad we did as I had a fantastic burger (called the Equator) topped with cheddar cheese, sauteed onions and roasted cherry tomatoes, accompanied by wonderful twice fried french fries. My husband had what he said was the best lobster bisque ever, followed by a fish taco which he also enjoyed. The waitress was exceptionally friendly and the restaurant was spotlessly clean. We will return if we ever visit Hyannis again.

2  Thank Liz0815
There are newer reviews for Vista De Mare

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The service and food are excellent! We were VERY pleased with our first visit and will certainly be back for lunch and dinner!

2  Thank murphandjake
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the bass with a cream cilantro sauce, and didn't realize until after dinner that the dish was reviewed by the Cape Cod Times restaurant review, and garnered an excellent rating. I would second that emotion!
Service was very attentive. I just hope the Cape is ready for a fine dining ethnic restaurant of this caliber.

2  Thank ruben v
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The menu looked good online so we went here for lunch. Unfortunately, the execution of the dishes was not impressive, especially for the price. The fact that they gave no refill on iced tea was a little surprising, too. The place seems like it really doesn't know what it wants to be, so I guess the name (the first word in Spanish, the second in French/Spanish and the third in Italian) fits.

1  Thank vlaurend
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch after visiting the Kennedy museum across the street and were not disappointed. The cuisine is Educadorean and Galapagos, which we'd never had, and the food was excellent. My husband had the Pollo Galapagos (chicken over rice) and I had the Guisado Pollo (chicken stew). The portions were generous. They call themselves "the finer diner," and it shows. The decor is nothing fancy -- it's definitely a diner with a twist.

One note: they don't seem to have refills on soft drinks (you get a can and a glass of ice). It's a minor quibble.