“DISAPPOINTING ...”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We always loved the food here. When I called and got someone polite who actually said "Hello" and not just "What's your phone number" with no clanging dishes in the background, I thought "wow, things are looking up."

Then we got the food home. Very disappointing ... hot and sour soup was bland, the pork lo mein was ordinary, the pork with garlic sauce was tasteless, crab rangoon was overly sweet and the egg rolls were likely from BJs Wholesale Club.

We'll continue to fo to Golden Place in Pocasset instead. What a pity.

I knew the people inside were different people but the food cannot hold a candle to its former incarnation. I'd rather have rude people and good food than police people and tasteless food!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have been going to this place for more than 10 years. Probably close to 20.
Sometime last year (2013) we thought the friendly owner was not there and the food didn't taste as good as before. We tried again next month and it was not good at all. We decided to stop going there.

Then just this past month we were craving for Chinese food but didn't know where to go, so we thought to give this place a try one time time. We were glad that we did!

The food was as good as before. Wonton soup was so good again. Hooray!
We will be regular again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Always uses white meat chicken in their dishes. The soup is fresh and not some yellow based broth. Budget friendly.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

For over 20 years Golden Fountain was my go to Chinese restaurant. Then a few years ago it changed hands and went downhill. But my wife and I decided to give it a try after avoiding the place for over a year. WOW! What a comeback. The fried rice was excellent. The appetizers were very good. We'll be baaaack too.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I used to love this place. But since the ownership changed it has gone from excellent to marginal. Very disappointed with the food the last two times we went there. Looks like you are going to have a hard time finding good Chinese on the Cape. I know, I've tried them all. Pizza anyone?