“BEST MEXICAN FOOD ON THE CAPE PERIOD.”
Review of Mi pueblo

Mi pueblo
Ranked #62 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Mexican
“BEST MEXICAN FOOD ON THE CAPE PERIOD.”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This place is amazing. I felt I had to write a review afyer reading that 3 star review that said "Authentic means not like you're used to!". As if that's a bad thing! I am so THANKFUL this place is nothing like Sam Diegos, Beach Cantina, or Guapos in Orleans (ew!). Writing that review is like going to Rome and giving it three stars because you didn't find an Olive Garden to eat at. You don't need to give a bad rating to a place where you had no clue what you were even ordering when they're new and working their tails off to deliver quality, authentic food.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. If you want amazing mexican food then go here. I would recommend the tacos and tamales. Those are what I've ordered and they're the best I've ever had and I am from California so I've tried a bunch of places before. Thanks for the awesome meals Mi Pueblo!!!

• Visited October 2013

“authentic - means not like you are use to”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Ok where to start. First off this place is tough to find. It is down an alley. It is not a typical restaurant more like a take out counter with a couple booths. It bills itself as Authentic Mexican, so if you think this is mexican/american you are not going to like it.
That being said, I am not sure I really like authentic Mexican food so my review will sound like I am complaining, but I am not.
This is not a restaurant that has a liquor license either.
We ordered the guacamole...it was outstanding. They served it with chips and an authentic salsa which was also outstanding. We asked for more and were feeling really good about the food... then we ordered the shrimp ceviche and the special which was kind of like well lamb stew.
The ceviche was ok, but it was really sweat like it was made with sugar. We tried to drain it and ate the rest on the chips. My special, well this is where I am not sure I like Authentic Mexican as it was like broth with some lamb chunks, rice and chick peas. Served in a paper/plastic bowl. It had a side of green sauce, chopped onions and lost of cilantro.
Ok so I tried and tried and I am not sure if I didn't know how to eat it or if I just didn't like it.

So.... my point is it is worth a visit, but know what you are getting into here. If you are willing to try new stuff great. If you are expecting el paso taco's this is not the place.
I would try it again, but maybe stay away from the special.
There was one server who tried very hard, but I think there was a bit of a language barrier as I wanted to ask more questions about the food but he seemed nervous to answer. I also wish they had a real bowl as the plastic paper just didn't cut it for me.

Chatham MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have been looking for a source of authentic Mexican food on the Cape and we have found it at Mi Pueblo. While the decor is not fancy, the food is great, particularly the guacamole and enchiladas suisas. We did find the ceviche too sweet for our taste. Look for the small sign on the side of the building on Main Street and walk to the back. Very soon enticing smells will tell you you've arrived.

1 Thank AnnandMichael
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hidden? Yes. Gem? Absolutely!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Try the plate dinner--best chili relleno anywhere. Well-prepared authentic Mexican food. This tiny basic restaurant is bright and clean with a warm welcome. Order to-go if the seats are full.. We drove by three times before we found Mi Pueblo, hiding on a side alley off of Main Street. The enchilada alone was worth calling for directions. If we lived here, we'd be regulars.

Visited September 2013
“Fresh, fast, and delicious!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this out of the way gem of a place!! Food is fresh, cheap, and delicious, and service is friendly and fast. I am ADDICTED to their chicken tacos, which actually happen to be light and healthy. A must try restaurant.

• Visited September 2013