“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

First of all, this place is all about the food. It's a little unnerving to walk into the front door but don't be intimidated by the location. The food was amazing! My family and I came here to celebrate my mom's birthday and it was a great find! If i lived closer then this would be a great lunch spot. The prices are reasonable and i love the mexican sodas!

I see people comparing them to burrito bistro/sam diegos and in my opinion that's apples and oranges! Mi Pueblo definitely has the best, most authentic food around.
I don't love eating with plastic utensils but that's my only issue. The woman behind the counter was quiet but very friendly.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth L

Sandwich
“Had high expectations”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

After reading some great reviews I decided to give it a try. Having tried many restaurants that say they have authentic Mexican food, I was excited to try this spot. I've eaten authentic Mexican food made by my sister in laws mother. Yes, she's Mexican and makes everything from scratch. I've also eaten at some of the best hole in the wall Mexican restaurants in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. I'm a chile relleno freak so I had to try one at Mi Pueblo. It was average, nothing great, and certainly not bad, just average. The rice and beans that came with it weren't good at all. My wife had a burrito that she said was good which I can easily make at home. I will try it again as I'd like to try a few other items to see if they do a better job. s far as the service goes, I tried to chat up the people taking my order but they weren't very talkative, not nasty or anything, just not the friendliest.

• Visited December 2013
Chatham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Mexican food on the Cape”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

The best tasting Mexican food around this side from the border. Me and my family enjoy going to mi pueblo food is great the environment is good clean and the staff is friendly .

1 Thank seanx1
Miami Beach, Florida
“Authentic, but potential not fully realized”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We are begging for decent, authentic ethnic restaurants here on Cape Cod. Thus, I was delighted to hear that we finally had an authentic Mexican Restaurant on Cape and I couldn't wait to pay a visit.

It is true that Mi Pueblo has a pretty authentic menu, but the food, while satisfactory, wasn't really all that great. My Queso appetizer was quite tasty, but the presentation was overly simple. My chili relleno was edible, but the breading was soupy and the cheese was not the same type as in the appetizer, and was not as good. My beef tongue taco filling was tough, and the tortilla fell apart in my hands. My dining companion reported that everything was okay, but the meat quality was a little sub par.

The restaurant is VERY simple. Just a few tables, in a bland room, in the back of a small shop on main. There is a cooler with a few sodas behind a small ordering counter. You will dine on plastic plates and use plastic silverware. No cups are available, so you will drink right from the soda bottle. I don't believe there is a liquor license. As mentioned, this restaurant is as much a take out place as a sit down restaurant. The lone women behind the counter was more than happy to offer normal menu/sit down service, and while she was very pleasant and helpful, she may not have had a great deal of serving experience.

I didn't expect, nor did I need, Mi Pueblo to be even remotely polished. But if I am to give up all manner of formality in a restaurant, I like to be wowed by the quality of the food. That wasn't really the case here.

The food prices were fair, not cheap, but fair.

I think Mi Pueblo has some potential to be that great, authentic, hole-in-the-wall secret restaurant that we all love to have on our restaurant list, but it isn't there yet. A little step up in quality and they might get there.

In the meantime, Acapulcos down the road is a better experience, if slightly less authentic.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Spencer D
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“The REAL Deal on Cape Cod”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I must first say after living in Southern California for most of my life, one thing that I missed most about moving to Cape Cod was the lack of authentic Mexican food. This is the real deal folks owned by a lovely Mexican family that makes delicious dishes. It is not Americanized like other places on the Cape like Sam Diegos or Beechtree Cantina that call themselves Mexican restaurants.
The food is delicious. The portions are good and the price is right.
The location is down an alley and the setting is casual. The restaurant is clean and well lit. If you are seeking out traditional Mexican food, then this is the place to go.

• Visited November 2013