“Authentic Mexican food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television
hyannis
“Authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I t was delicious, since my husband is gluten free he was able to have an entrée which is always nice we can have a dinner out together. So good went back for more two days later

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss this hole in the wall- real Mexican food! Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My friend and I were a little hesitant to try this place considering it is down a small alley way off of Main st. However after reading reviews we decided to try it and we are so glad we did. The food and service were both great. The guacamole was amazing. You have to try the Mexican sodas too! Dessert was great as well. I'm not going to give too many more details because you have to come experience it for yourself!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cecelia F
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Legit Mexican Food on Cape Cod! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Having grown up in Southern California, I have a true love and appreciation for authentic Mexican food. Mi Peublo did not disappoint - the food is the real deal. If you want real Mexican this is the place. Our bill was very reasonable at under $40 for three meals, guacamole (delicious), chips and salsa and Mexican sodas. The restaurant is off Main Street in an alley and is no frills with paper plates and plastic forks, but it wasn't an issue for us. My husband had the Enchiladas Suizas ($9.99) and loved it, but he did say the tomatillo sauce had a kick. I had the Carne Asada ($12.99) which is done well, but both my son and I loved it. My son had tacos ($2.50/each). I would have LOVED a cold Corona or a margarita to go with my meal. In my opinion, the bar license is the only thing missing.

If you think Taco Bell is Mexican food (or the other "Mexican" restaurants on the Cape are good) then Mi Pueblo probably isn't for you, but if you want to experience good Mexican - then definitely go.

1 Thank DLG6395
Lubbock, TX
“A real gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We tried Mi Pueblo on the advice of a native Californian. Being from Texas, we're always on the hunt for good mexican food when we are away from home. Since my girlfriend and I are living in Hyannis this summer, we decided to give this place a try for lunch.

As others here have noted, the restaurant does not have much in the way of atmosphere. It's located down an alley off of main street in a nondescript office block. Inside there are only a few booths and tables, a simple counter to order from and a refrigerated cooler with some mexican sodas and horchata. But don't judge a book by it's cover. The food is excellent and the portions are huge. I was a bit turned off by the paper plates and plastic utensils. I'd skip on the chile relleno. Chicken mole enchiladas were excellent. Creama fresca on top of the entrees was a real plus!

If you have a craving for good Mexican food, go down and support this new restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JasonandPatricia
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“First visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Read the reviews and decided to give it a try with another couple. We have a lot of Mexican food experience and this one was very good. If you are looking for atmosphere and comfort, skip it. Hard to find location, look behind Embargo's down the alley. Just go for the food. Five tables, paper plates, plastic utensils and no liquor license. My husband's chile rellano was mediocre, cheese was not melted inside. I had pork carnitas and it was excellent. Our friend's flank steak was a little tough and difficult to eat with plastic utensils. The chicken burrito with mole was excellent. Guacamole and chips we fresh and really good. Prices are terrific. Service was good. We would go back to try different dishes.

• Visited June 2014