“Best so far”

Mi pueblo
Ranked #37 of 205 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

So I am a Mexican-American and come from SOUTH Texas where my house is 15 min from the boarder, so trust me I know what real Mexican food tastes like. Now as any true Mexican you can tell a good Mexican restaurant from the chile(salsa) and I wasn't crazy about it but when you compare to this area it's the best I've found. The tortillas and the meat was legit. Based off of comparison I give it a four out of five because I think this is as authentic as you're going to find here on the cape. Once they get the chile down, I'm sold. Service was friendly, has the real taqueria(taco stand) feel to it but missing the grease that you would find in an authentic Mexican cooking. I guess that's a good thing for health reasons. Definitely check it out if you want a taste of real Mexican food, well as good as you're going to find.

4  Thank Marco C

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I t was delicious, since my husband is gluten free he was able to have an entrée which is always nice we can have a dinner out together. So good went back for more two days later

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My friend and I were a little hesitant to try this place considering it is down a small alley way off of Main st. However after reading reviews we decided to try it and we are so glad we did. The food and service were both great. The guacamole was amazing. You have to try the Mexican sodas too! Dessert was great as well. I'm not going to give too many more details because you have to come experience it for yourself!!

1  Thank Cecelia F
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Having grown up in Southern California, I have a true love and appreciation for authentic Mexican food. Mi Peublo did not disappoint - the food is the real deal. If you want real Mexican this is the place. Our bill was very reasonable at under $40 for three meals, guacamole (delicious), chips and salsa and Mexican sodas. The restaurant is off Main Street in an alley and is no frills with paper plates and plastic forks, but it wasn't an issue for us. My husband had the Enchiladas Suizas ($9.99) and loved it, but he did say the tomatillo sauce had a kick. I had the Carne Asada ($12.99) which is done well, but both my son and I loved it. My son had tacos ($2.50/each). I would have LOVED a cold Corona or a margarita to go with my meal. In my opinion, the bar license is the only thing missing.

If you think Taco Bell is Mexican food (or the other "Mexican" restaurants on the Cape are good) then Mi Pueblo probably isn't for you, but if you want to experience good Mexican - then definitely go.

1  Thank DLG6395
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We tried Mi Pueblo on the advice of a native Californian. Being from Texas, we're always on the hunt for good mexican food when we are away from home. Since my girlfriend and I are living in Hyannis this summer, we decided to give this place a try for lunch.

As others here have noted, the restaurant does not have much in the way of atmosphere. It's located down an alley off of main street in a nondescript office block. Inside there are only a few booths and tables, a simple counter to order from and a refrigerated cooler with some mexican sodas and horchata. But don't judge a book by it's cover. The food is excellent and the portions are huge. I was a bit turned off by the paper plates and plastic utensils. I'd skip on the chile relleno. Chicken mole enchiladas were excellent. Creama fresca on top of the entrees was a real plus!

If you have a craving for good Mexican food, go down and support this new restaurant!

1  Thank JasonandPatricia