“Cape Cod Convert...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was always a "Mainer" staying in just about every place in Ogunquit, Wells and Kennebunk, but after staying at this B&B I am a true Cape Convert! The B&B is so guest-oriented. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and cozy. Ginny and Craig go out of their way to make sure you get the most out of your stay. They never steer you in the wrong direction with their knowledge of activites, places of interest (even the out of the way places). Beaches, restaurants, nature walks, night life, peace and quiet or excitement...it's all there and very accessible and they help you to get to wherever you want to go. The Inn has a lovely family atmosphere and the owners make you feel like you are part of theirs. The breakfasts there are delicious and a great way to start your day at the Cape! Looking forward to many more visits!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank capekids

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I visited this place to celebrate a huge milestone. Upon my arrival, I was very disappointed. I wanted a place that was clean and lovely. This place looks like a motel that was converted to a B&B. Before I arrived, I requested to have the room that was posted on the website. It was decorated in black and white. When I arrived and saw the room, I saw the ugliest floor decor I've seen. I complained to the Innkeeper. She said she received my request but forgot and gave my room to someone else. I check out the rest of the room. The room smelled a little like urine. I noticed hair on the toilet. When I complained to the Innkeeper. She responded, I ask them to rinse the rag after each use. I thought ugh! Good grief! I returned to the room to take a shower, I discovered dingy towels, and hand towels. I've posted the pictures. Thank God for technology. I was able to find a K-mart a few miles away. I purchased my own towel. I rewashed, dried and reused this towel during my stay with them

When I returned to the room, they re-cleaned the bathroom. They left me a container of disinfecting wipes.

Since there was so many disappointing issues with this place, I'll summarize the rest. I saw a ladybug on the sealing on day one. I saw a crawling bug on day two....both were spotted in the bathroom. They have a warm pool that I wouldn't dare put my body in. Every day, they have a set breakfast. There is no variety. I wasn't able to eat any of it. I tried eating the french toast, but that just tasted like fried bread. The coffee was good. I saw spots on the pillow case and sheet (1 pictured below). They lined the trash can with a plastic store bag. Small rock/stone covered parking lot that you will have to back out of. If there are no cars on the lot, you can do a u-turn. They have tenants on the upper floor. I could hear every walk. The rooms are paper thin. I could hear the lodgers in back of me.

I went to reach for the ironing board and got a back hand of spider/cob webs. My room was missing an iron, but when I reported it, they had a spare for me to use.

They have a refrigerator and television in the room. You must unplug something in order to use or charge your electronic device.

Even though this was one of the worst stays in my life, I must say the Innkeepers were there to try to correct whatever issues I had. The place has beautiful flowers and plants outside the motel like flower bed as well as the entrance.

The inn/B&B is located very close to restaurants, a beach, and not far from the harbor. The Innkeepers seem to be very nice, but the place is not the best. This was one of two places that had availability. The other place across the street may have been better, but I noticed a picture of a dog on the reviews pages. Little did I know I would see the same dog at the Saltwind Inn.

They gave me a beach towel to use that looks like it has been washed and abused to death. I also have a picture attached. It has strings hanging off the ends.

The shower enclosure is tiny. This shower enclosure will not house a 6 ft person. It will not house a 300 lb person. I am tall and plus sized and kept bumping my elbow. So before booking this room, it may be worth questions and requesting pictures of any other showers they may have.

Nice people. But, I will never stay here again. Based on my experience, I can not recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank survivorlookinforfun
conroybaxter, Owner at Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

To my knowledge most B & B's are homes that have been converted, since the majority of people prefer a private bath yes our bathrooms are on the small side but they are private. We clean our rooms on a daily basis and upon checkout thoroughly. We provide a full hot home cooked breakfast daily as well as a cold choice, we are aware of many food allergies and specific dietary needs some of our guests have. My education from culinary school has helped tremendously with our business. The problem here is if someone is this unhappy with their accommodation why not confront us face to face and explain your feelings? For thirty years we have had thousands of guests travel through our B & B and we pride ourselves on providing the best holiday we can for all. Communication is key, ask us and we will assist in anything you choose to do, we provide free transportation to and from Hyannis Harbor, make reservations for eateries, sightseeing tours, discount coupons, we even provide our own private tour of Hyannisport. It is difficult to address issues if one does not let us know. We were told of our mistake on the incorrect room and we went and changed the décor in the room to a black and white theme. We can't control a ladybug from flying into your room when you leave the door open and if there was a spider oops, we all have them at some point in time. I find it interesting of the reviews this person wrote while visiting Hyannis the only great one she gave was to a place she did not even stay at. We do have two dogs, a Labradoodle and a Maltese both which are hypo allergenic and very friendly, they do live in our private residence and the only time they have contact with guests is when it is requested they come out for a visit, which is quite often.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a great Bed and Breakfast. The room was cozy and very clean. We needed more outlets for our cell phones, computers, sound machine. A power strip or two would have solved that problem. The breakfast was delicious and generous. Visiting with Craig and Ginny was very enjoyable and they helped us a lot by helping us plan where to have dinner and our drive to Provincetown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ichoosejoy
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The owners Craig and Ginny are lovely people and the breaksfasts were very good and set us up for the day. Craig had lots of tips about where to eat and saved us money on our trip over to Martha's Vineyard by recommending we go to Woods Hole to get the ferry which is much cheaper than going from Hyannis itself.
The room was very small and cramped but clean and tidy. I found the bed a bit hard but my partner thought it was fine. Its a very pretty place. Bit weird to have to go outside across the garden for breakfast and being English we missed having tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Craig did say to knock if we needed anything but we didn't like to disturb!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words, I know the bathrooms are on the smaller size but private baths were most important to many people so making them smaller provided us with all private baths. We are very happy you enjoyed your time here and most importantly the Cape and all it has to offer.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at Saltwinds Bed and Breakfast for three nights. The owners, Ginny and Craig are so nice and helpful. The breakfast was great. Craig took us over to the ferry and dropped us off so we didn't have to pay the $17 parking fee. The room was comfortable and cozy. The owners gave us a lot of information about the area. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: May ask about size of shower. Ours was very small in room 8.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband & I had the opportunity to stay at Salt Winds Sept. 2013. Ginny and Craig truly enjoy their job. They could not of made us feel any more welcomed. The room was spotless and breakfast was great. We truly felt at home. If we get the opportunity to return to the Cape we know where we will be staying! Thank You Ginny and Craig! Cathy & Joe S.

1  Thank Cathy Ruggeri S
conroybaxter, Owner at Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Kathy and Joe, it was so nice meeting and talking with you both. We are happy you enjoyed your stay here. So funny how you thought you missed breakfast that day, I have done that before myself, thank goodness for glasses. Joe, try to enjoy your retirement and both of you continue enjoying your grand kids. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Ginny & Craig

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here over the summer and once again, it didn't disappoint! The owners and staff are all wonderful and accommodating from check-in to check-out. The rooms are clean and charming and offer a warm homey feeling that is lost on any chain or basic hotel. We looked forward to breakfast as it was always delicious and plentiful. Ginny and Craig were gracious hosts who were always helpful and ready to offer advice on attractions and places to eat. You will not be disappointed if you choose this B&B!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple