“An awesome deal for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyannis Travel Inn

Hyannis Travel Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Douglas MA
“An awesome deal for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband & I haven't spent time down the cape in years. Like 35 years. We decided to go down for a few days & I spent hours checking out different motels down the cape & you have hundreds to choose from. We decided on the Hyannis Travel Inn because they were having a great package - buy 2 nights get 2 nights free. You can't beat that deal. I was so surprised when we pulled in to find out it was the same place we stayed at 35 years ago - at that time they were running a special where they gave you a gift card for a local restaurant. The place has only a few small negatives & many positives. The negatives were they use a key instead of a key card - we felt safe IN the room with the double locks but I'm always leary about leaving the room wondering how many people could have duplicated the room key. The toilet paper roll was on the opposite wall of the toilet & couldn't be reached from sitting ON the toilet. I know it's little but aggravating. We were also told we'd get a king size bed & we got 2 double beds, not a biggie but not what we were expecting. The positives are many. The room was clean as was the bathroom. They had a bath mat you could use in the tub which was a huge positive for me as I have a bad knee & it made me feel safer. The first day we came back to our room & found the maid had been there. We didn't get maid service the 2nd day though I don't know why. The room comes with with a refrigerator & WiFi. Also a blow dryer & something they called an I-ron. Think it might be something to do with an I-pad or I-phone. Also came with an I-Ron board that you must use the I-ron on. Couldn't figure it out. (just kidding). The continental breakfast was awesome. Didn't matter what time we arrived, there was plenty of food. Okay so they don't cook eggs for you - wait a minute - they actually do! There are had boiled eggs, as well as pancakes & waffles (though I didn't see any syrup), different kinds of muffins & pastries, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, tea & orange juice. Because we couldn't use the 4th night, they told us we could come back & use it in October- so we already booked it. They have an indoor pool & hot tub which we never got to use but it looked very nice. Oh, the place was QUIET. Very important for us. Even though they were totally booked the weekend we stayed, it was quiet. The motel is within walking distance of downtown Hyannis & I'd suggest walking if you can. We tried to find parking on a rainy Friday night & maybe because it was raining it was so busy but we had a hard time finding a place to park on Main Street. We didn't see any town parking lots or anything like that.

Room Tip: The front rooms face a busy street, the back rooms overlook the parking lot
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lovelyliki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Chartley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you are looking for location and value then this is your place.

We have stayed at the Hyannis Travel Inn a few times and it always delivers. We use it as a launching point for our kid's sporting events on the Cape but we have seen groups of golfers, seniors, and girls on a shopping weekend staying here as well. We keep our expectations in check so we are always pleased. It is not the Ritz. It is a well managed family operated motel in the Cape Cod tradition. While certainly not a new hotel, we find that they are always updating some element of the motel on a continuous basis.

The prices are great and the location, one block off Main Street is a winner. Shopping and dining are only steps away. There is an Italian restaurant, an Irish Pub, and a Steakhouse / Sports Bar all within a 3 minute walk. Waterfront dining is only about 10 minutes on foot and all the shopping of Main Street is basically across the road.

The indoor pool is a nice plus for our kids and the continental breakfast served poolside saves us a breakfast expense at the start of each day.

We got a great offseason special on their website and I think they may also offer AAA discounts.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one had a flat screen TV, one didn't.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank EuropeinFebruary
Tewksbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was my second time here and it offers the best value on a budget with the locations in downtown Hyannis. There's an indoor pool, jacuzzi and outdoor pool for the summer. They offer continental breakfast (waffles and pancakes that can be either microwaved or in the toaster), danishes (cinnamon roll, cheese danish, apple danish, etc.), hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal (Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Bran, etc.), English muffins, wheat/white toast, plain and poppy seed bagels with cream cheese, coffee, and orange juice.

The room accommodations were good. The water pressure in the shower was great. Most budget hotels I've been in do not have good water pressure so this was a plus for me as well as free wifi and close to plenty of restaurants - seafood, pizza, fast food like McDonald's and Burger King, Mexican, etc. Also close to local beaches and shopping.

My recent stay encouraged me to write this review because of the responsiveness of Liam. After checking out, I realized my ring was missing which I must have dropped along the way from the room and car. The staff was very, very helpful and helping me find it. The lady that tended the continental breakfast area, walked with me from the room to the parking lot to the stairwells and the lobby looking for my ring. The maid also helped me look for in the room while she cleaned it. After no luck, I notified Liam and he said he would call me as soon as it was found or turned in. Well, 20 min. later while on my way to Race Point, he calls and tells me that his son found the ring in the lobby! He then said he would put it in an envelope and leave it at the front desk. I went back after my afternoon at the beach intending to leave a monetary gift for his son but the staff refused. They would not take it.

Based on my experience I would recommend this hotel. The staff is very helpful and in my case, extremely helpful. It may not be a resort but for a family on a budget, this hits the spot.

I spend part of my Spring break vacation here with my daughter every year and never disappointed.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you have lots of luggage, try to get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kalona_harrison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

hotel service was great and personal. Stayed off-season and still was lovely. Rooms were nice and pool was great.

• Stayed April 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

me and my friend went on a much needed vacation we came from florida and staying at the travel inn gave us that chance to relax and then have alot of fun it was very close to all the attractions so we were able to enjoy are self and not have to drive.the staff at the hotel were very friendly and always willing to answer any questions we might of had.the complimentary breakfast was great a little of everything.one of our house keeper was excellent and very friendly.as were all of them but she just went the extra mile.nice to be at a place were all staff have a smile on there face.i would deffently stay her again in the future.thanks for our twelve days with u guys great.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lisabrann
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My daughters and I stayed here for three nights during February school vacation. I found the Inn via their excellent and accurate website. Liam and Jennifer were completely accommodating to us from the moment we arrived and throughout our stay. They put us in a nice-sized two queen-bed room. Both the room and the bath had recently been updated nicely with a flat screen tv, refrigerator, microwave, brand new matresses and bedding. The location of the Inn is fantastic being one block away from Main St. Having the included breakfast poolside was a bonus. I could finish my breakfast and sip on my tea as the girls enjoyed the pool. I loved the spacious spa. We unfortunately had a very noisy large group staying at the Inn at the same time. Our sleep was compromised due to them. Liam responded to our needs when we asked for his help. Being sure that a large group will not be staying there at the same time, we will happily stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann L
North Conway, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I just spent a weekend here and had a wonderful experience. As noted, the buildings are due for some sprucing up, but the people were super nice and the room was great. Jennifer and Liam at the front desk really know what being customer friendly means!

We had 2 queen beds with a good sized table between them, and along the same wall was a comfortable love seat, so the room was quite large. Add an older but functional fridge, a microwave, and a TV (also an older model but it worked fine) and it was a very spacious and comfortable room.

It's perfectly located a few steps from Main St. and many many local eating and drinking spots. Right now a lot of places are yet to open, but there are a fair number of restaurants open, and just being to leave the Inn and go for a walk along Main St. was great.

We took advantage of the Valentine's special, which was nicely done. We couldn't stay a third night, so we got a "Night to go" certificate which we'll be using to have another nice relaxing weekend on the cape before crazy season!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Heritage House Hotel
Heritage House Hotel
#17 of 22 in Hyannis
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to Hyannis Travel Inn? Share your experiences!