My husband & I haven't spent time down the cape in years. Like 35 years. We decided to go down for a few days & I spent hours checking out different motels down the cape & you have hundreds to choose from. We decided on the Hyannis Travel Inn because they were having a great package - buy 2 nights get 2 nights free. You can't beat that deal. I was so surprised when we pulled in to find out it was the same place we stayed at 35 years ago - at that time they were running a special where they gave you a gift card for a local restaurant. The place has only a few small negatives & many positives. The negatives were they use a key instead of a key card - we felt safe IN the room with the double locks but I'm always leary about leaving the room wondering how many people could have duplicated the room key. The toilet paper roll was on the opposite wall of the toilet & couldn't be reached from sitting ON the toilet. I know it's little but aggravating. We were also told we'd get a king size bed & we got 2 double beds, not a biggie but not what we were expecting. The positives are many. The room was clean as was the bathroom. They had a bath mat you could use in the tub which was a huge positive for me as I have a bad knee & it made me feel safer. The first day we came back to our room & found the maid had been there. We didn't get maid service the 2nd day though I don't know why. The room comes with with a refrigerator & WiFi. Also a blow dryer & something they called an I-ron. Think it might be something to do with an I-pad or I-phone. Also came with an I-Ron board that you must use the I-ron on. Couldn't figure it out. (just kidding). The continental breakfast was awesome. Didn't matter what time we arrived, there was plenty of food. Okay so they don't cook eggs for you - wait a minute - they actually do! There are had boiled eggs, as well as pancakes & waffles (though I didn't see any syrup), different kinds of muffins & pastries, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, tea & orange juice. Because we couldn't use the 4th night, they told us we could come back & use it in October- so we already booked it. They have an indoor pool & hot tub which we never got to use but it looked very nice. Oh, the place was QUIET. Very important for us. Even though they were totally booked the weekend we stayed, it was quiet. The motel is within walking distance of downtown Hyannis & I'd suggest walking if you can. We tried to find parking on a rainy Friday night & maybe because it was raining it was so busy but we had a hard time finding a place to park on Main Street. We didn't see any town parking lots or anything like that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyannis Travel Inn is an 83-room, AAA rated 2 diamond motel. It is ideally situated in the heart of Hyannis, the "Hub of Cape Cod". Main St shops and restaurants are only one street over. Hyannis harbor is only 3/10ths of a mile away where you can take the ferry to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard or go deep sea fishing. Kalmus Beach is 1.1 miles away. We offer a complimentary continental breakfast each morning by the indoor pool. We also have an outdoor pool and whirlpool. There are mini refrigerators in every room. Free local calls. Free parking. Free wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyannis Travel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyannis Travel Hotel Hyannis
- Hyannis Travel Motel
- Hyannis Travel Inn Cape Cod