“Best Deal, Quality, Service, & Location in Hyannis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyannis Travel Inn

Hyannis Travel Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Deal, Quality, Service, & Location in Hyannis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here last June for a long weekend with some old college friends and had a blast. The manager Cliff was extremely nice and told us the best bars to go to on each night. The hotel is right down the street from all downtown and all the bars and restaurants. We went to Craigville Beach one day which is 10 min away and went to Mayflower beach the second day which is a bit further of a drive but no big deal. The last night we took a cab to the Improper Bostonian which isn't bad at all if you're in a group. A must stay during the summer and we plan on going back multiple times next summer. Hotel is very clean and with a indoor and outdoor beach.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Salem, NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Hyannis Travel Inn for a little get away. It wasn't a bad deal but I was a bit leary because I had read mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. In my opinion they need to update some things and they should start with THE BEDS. I have slept on lounge chairs that had more support. Now we will move into the bathroom. REPLACE THE TOILETS that have rust smears in the bowl that look like you know what! The breakfast was bought at Costco but edible. This was very disappointing. I will never go back.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank EXLUNCHLADY
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

On our Cape Cod vacation, my wife and I needed a spot overnight in Hyannis. It was a spur of the moment decision, so we checked out one of the hotel coupon books and decided to try the Hyannis Travel Inn. Turned out to be a good decision. We got a room for $59. It was a little dated, but clean and comfortable. The Wi-Fi was free and proved to be quite reliable and there was a refrigerator in the room. We were most impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. On the evening of our arrival, they gave us several good recommendations for restaurants and things to do in the area. When we checked out, we mentioned we were heading to Provincetown and were interested in a whale watching excursion. The gentleman at the front desk called to see if they were scheduled for when we were there (unfortunately they weren't,but we appreciated the effort). Even though checkout was 11:00 AM, they let us keep our room keys until later in the afternoon, in case we need to use the room before we left for Privincetown. We enjoyed our stay in Hyannis, thanks in large part to the staff at the Hyannis Travel Inn. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevators. We had a second floor room, and it was no problem for us, but if stairs are an issue...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel was booked from across the country with the help of ads and Trip Advisor. Two rooms were booked, and ready for us when we arrived. The front desk staff was friendly, gave good directions and restaurant tips. Our room was on the second floor. The room had a balcony, and across the interior hall from the room was a smaller balcony, with tables and chairs.
Two tour busses pulled in after we arrived, but the breakfast at the pool the next morning was handled efficiently. They did not run out of food or coffee.
I reported a leaky faucet and running toilet in the morning before we left for our day's adventure, and upon our return I saw that a whole new faucet had been installed, and the toilet worked perfectly.
The rooms were average, as was the price, but the service puts this place over the top, in my estimation. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank auntbear
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Hyannis Travel Inn in October 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Would I stay here again? You betcha.

We arrived from Boston by Greyhound and the hotel is a short, five-minute walk from the bus terminal. The staff at the hotel were friendly, sincere and welcoming. Look, the rooms are a little dated, but they were clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable, the housekeeping service was great, and the bathroom had a lovely deep tub.

Our room had a balcony which looked out over the picturesque town. It was overcast and sleepy during our stay and I'd often retreat to the balcony to enjoy the cool sting of the New England fall on my cheeks. Also, I was travelling with my mum and I needed the space.

The Hyannis Travel Inn offers complimentary Wi-Fi and the signal is strong and reliable. Tick.

The hotel also offers a complimentary continental breakfast. Expecting some cereal and fruit, I was pleasantly surprised by an extensive (and tempting!) menu. There were muffins, croissants, jam danishes, bagels and waffles, along with the stock-standard range of cereals, coffee and bread.

The staff at the hotel were great across the board. They took the time to give us directions, recommend places to eat, and were even able to book discounted tickets for a boat trip on Hyannis harbour. The boat trip was cancelled due to bad weather and the tickets were refunded at reception without any difficulties.

The hotel is set-back a few streets from the water, but it's only a short walk down to the harbour, about a 10-minute walk to the JFK memorial, and about 15-minutes to beautiful Kalmus Beach. The hotel is only one street away from Main Street, which is lined with all sorts of shops, from quirky novelty stores to trendy restaurants.

A few things to note. There are no elevators in the hotel. If you have mobility issues or heavy luggage, it would be prudent to request a room on the ground floor.

There are no coffee-making facilities in the rooms, but complimentary coffee is available in the indoor pool area until 9 pm. I do feel offering a tea and coffee-making facility in the room would further enhance the experience (especially for coffee-holics like me). It'd also save the staff from having to stand in the pool area while a lone guest makes/drinks their coffee, which, let's face is, is a little bit awkward. For all of us.

Finally, a word of warning. Breakfast is situated in the indoor pool area. I recommend attending before 9 am, especially on weekends, as the pool may be used from 9 am and the noise of screaming children in this cavernous space can be excruciating. I was a horrifically loud child myself, and prone to spontaneous and frequent eruptions of high-pitched screaming. My dad even paid me to remain silent on family road-trips (he didn't have great parenting skills), so I'm really not judging.

However, the hotel may wish to look at pushing back pool hours so they don't coincide with the hours that breakfast is being served.

Overwhelmingly, the Hyannis Travel Inn is a great place to stay. It's affordable, clean and comfortable, and within walking distance to all that beautiful Hyannis has to offer. Would I stay here again? You betcha.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank budafudawuda
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed for a night at this hotel. We were in room 203. The location is good within walking distance to the pier and the bus terminal. The room was decent sized but the hallway was smelly. There were no elevators. There's wifi in the room and the free breakfast by the indoor pool was nice. There's also free coffee until late.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here for several nights with my girlfriend as a getaway summer weekend to Cape Cod and Nantucket Island. I researched a bunch of hotels and B&Bs in the Cape Cod / Hyannis area. This seemed like the best combination of positive reviews and ideal location. We were particularly looking for a place within walking distance of the harbor where the ferry departs for Nantucket Island, so that we wouldn't have to deal with driving there and finding/paying for a parking space (could just leave our car at the hotel).

The location is definitely great - only 5 min walking distance to the harbor and ferry departure location. Some average eating / shopping options in the immediate area around the hotel, although nothing great.

In terms of the hotel itself, the front desk staff was very welcoming. When we checked in, the hotel manager greeted us personally and was extremely helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, over the weekend he didn't seem to be on duty (expected), and the rest of the front desk staff were varying levels of apathetic to ignorant.

The rooms were average quality. Every room has a balcony and a mini-fridge, which is nice. The entrances and stairwells are not particularly well placed. And the hallways smelled faintly some evenings. The rooms were clean and well furnished. On the second night, the hot water seemed unable to keep up with demand which resulted in a not very pleasant shower.

A continental breakfast is included and served in the indoor pool room. This is both a bit strange (to eat breakfast in front of people playing in the pool) and mildly unpleasant (since it's very humid and smells like chlorine, neither of which are conducive to whetting your breakfast appetite). The quality of the food itself is sub-par (even for most motels) and consists of "baked goods" that were likely shipped in vacuum-sealed packages from Costco or some other bulk grocery store. Better to pass, and grab some real food from a local bakery.

All of this would be OK to me if it weren't for the rather high nightly rate I was paying ($150/nt even after using a AAA discount). I understand it was peak summer season, but for the same rate (or slightly higher), I'd probably have preferred to stay in a homey B&B rather than a sub-par hotel. Next time we vacation to Cape Cod, we will likely stay somewhere else.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Heritage House Hotel
Heritage House Hotel
#17 of 22 in Hyannis
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to Hyannis Travel Inn? Share your experiences!