“Blame u for doing things u did not do”

Holiday Inn Hyannis
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
“Blame u for doing things u did not do”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Got charge for smoking in room when they found a can in garbage with ashes in it, that I put in there from out side. Was told to talk to manager but for voice mail. So I went in there and asked to talk to manager and the same girl I talked to on phone said I am that manager really. This was after we were woken up At 5 am by the heating unit that I should have complained about because as I was standing the they gave somebody a free nite but offered me nothing.and two days later the charge they were returning is not back in my account and know I have no money cause they took it all!! Granted the run was nice. So remember to leave your cig butts on porch so you dont get charged 500 a nite. I have stayed in many of holiday inn hotels and that was the worst one. I am a nonsmokers!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
As a 100% non-smoking hotel, we do our utmost to ensure that the premises are kept smoke free. The cigarette ashes/”butts” that were brought inside the guestroom from an outside deck area unfortunately did result in a smoke odor in the guestroom and the hotel implemented a smoking charge. After speaking with this guest on check-out day, we reversed the charge to the guest’s debit card. Unfortunately, the credit did take some time to be processed by the cardholder’s bank and we regret the inconvenience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

After traveling all day from DC to attend my daughter's ice skating competition I was thrilled to get to a comfortable bed. And that is EXACTLY what I found!!! From the from desk to the Bar to the cleaning staff you're a top notch hotel! Better or worse I travel often and have stayed at many hotels and you rank among the best! Stephanie was an AMZING host at the bar and put up with our silliness with great resolve. I would recommend this property for single groups or families!!! Thanks for an AWESOME stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
How wonderful! We couldn’t be happier to hear of your “awesome stay” with us! We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to write and for your special recognition of our bartender Stephanie. Thank you.
Manchester, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My family of three stayed here for an ice skating competition in Bourne. This hotel is about 25 minutes from the rink, an easy highway ride. I'm an IHG rewards gold member, so we were upgraded to a suite.

The staff was very friendly, the room layout was good for us with the upstairs loft area -- it gave my daughter and her friends a place to hang out. It was too cold to use the deck, but this would be a great place in the warmer months.

The pool area was lovely. We really enjoyed sitting in this area while the girls made use of the pool.

The rooms were a bit small, but adequate for our needs. My only suggestion would be to put a better mattress on the sofa bed in the suites - it was fine for my 15-year old, but I wouldn't want to have to sleep on it!

Room Tip: The loft suites really are great for families. King bed, two bathrooms (although the upstairs one l...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
We’re so pleased that we were able to host your family and fellow team members during the December ice skating competition at the Bourne arena. We appreciate hearing your feedback – both in the areas where we are doing well and the areas where we might look to improve. Thank you for writing.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were in Cape Cod for an ice skating competition and stayed at this hotel. The hotel was nice, but the staff was outstanding. In particular, Stephanie - the bartender extraordinaire - was awesome! She made us feel like we had come into her home. She treated us like friends rather than just hotel guests. We will definitely come back here!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thanks so much for your terrific review. We’re delighted that our staff really made you feel at home during your stay with us. We will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to Stephanie. Thanks again!
Troy, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently. Although there was some minor construction going the facility was clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was a little on the small side but work well for my needs. The hotel is very conveniently located for shoppers. Next door to the hotel was an Olive Garden restaurant.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We’re happy to hear that we worked well for your needs and hope to see you again.
Westminster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I find myself coming back to this hotel over and over. The location is great right near many main roads. There is a wonderful pool and hot tub. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and nice. I have spoken with Nick, Lori, Jessica, and Sara and they were able to make my stay much more enjoyable. I will be coming back to this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your kind words and loyalty to our hotel. We're so glad that you have made us your "home away from home" while travelling on business to our area. Thank you for writing. See you soon we hope!
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nice, rooms are updated and clean. Pool area is big, and a nice place to relax. Food for breakfast and lunch is tasty.
The staff is exceptional, from check in to check out they were always there to help. Best customer service I have seen in a hotel in a long time. Especially Sara and Jess at the front desk, and Jackie in the restaurant.
Only complaint is the bar could use a new setup. Maybe a couple of couches, and better placement of the TV.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us and the readers of TripAdvisor. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your special mention of Sara, Jess and Jackie. We also appreciate hearing your suggestions for improvement for our bar area...something for us to think about.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,200 reviews
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis

Been to Holiday Inn Hyannis? Share your experiences!