“Pleasantly Surprised”

Holiday Inn Hyannis
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Bottom Line (well top line in the case): Friendly staff, nice rooms w/comfortable beds, great pool area, tasty burgers, convenient location. I would definitely stay here again.

I'm a Marriott guy and haven't strayed from Marriott when travelling for business for probably 10 years. A recent trip left me with no other option than to stay this Holiday Inn. I have to say, I was pleasantly surpised. I wasn't sure if the Marriott quality I've come to expect was going to be at a Holiday Inn but it was! Here are the highlights:

- Very friendly and helpful staff, easy check-in. I will say one thing though, I pre-paid my room on line and I wanted to change the bed config to 2 queens at check-in, in a nice way they told me they weren't able to do this because the room I booked was more expensive. Not a huge deal but thought it was worth mentioning b/c Marriott would have done this in a heartbeat.
- Friendly bartender/waiter who noticed I was chasing my 2 year old around the lobby and when I walked by the restaurant he said "you definitely want to eat here, we have a kids menu" and he went and got me one and we did eat there. Limited menu but the burger I had was fantastic.
- Halls: looks like they were recently done (carpeting/lighting) and just starting to show wear.
- Room: Loved the room. Really comfortable king bed, clean bathroom, unbelievable shower head - one of the best I've had. Nice decor, this is the one thing they really needed to do right and they did.
- Pool area: AWESOME! Huge indoor pool area with a jacuzzi. Took my 2 yr old down there and we loved it.
- Hotel location: Can't beat it. Smack dab in the middle of the cape, close to rte 6, right near the ferry terminal, easy access to anywhere you want to go.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Thank you for your great comments! Your "bottom line" really sums up what we aim for as a property...."friendly staff, nice rooms with comfortable beds, tasty burgers, convenient location" etc. Also, so pleased to hear that you loved our pool and jacuzzi...we think a lot of people are "pleasantly surprised", as you were, with all we have to offer. We do apologize that we didn't get you into a room with two beds at check-in (afraid we did "miss the boat" on that and have addressed with our front office associates). We really appreciate you having taken the time to write and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Hyannis - and maybe even making a "convert" out of you! :) One final fyi...Holiday Inn offers points for travel through our Priority Club Rewards program....we hope you will consider joining if you have not already.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

The rooms were clean, comfortable, and the local area was safe. The hotel restaurant was very good and they offered a breakfast buffet. I chose to order from the menu and got a great omelet and coffee. The wait staff was very, very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub looked great. After a long plane ride from Colorado and a rental car trip from Boston, I was ready for a hot tub soak. Unfortunately, it was “kids week” (an annual week off school in the area) and the hotel was swarming with rugrats. [No big deal, I’ve got kids of my own.] The Holiday Inn was doing their very best to entertain the kids and everyone seemed to be having a great time… until… Apparently, the hotel filled the little buggers with soda, pizza, ice cream, and popcorn. The kids ran, played, and swam. One thing led to another and … let’s just say the hot tub was immediately closed “for maintenance.” No soak for me. Hotels can do a lot but it’s difficult for them to police their guests. Oh well. Would I stay at the Holiday Inn, Hyannis again. You bet. But not during kids week.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank COfamilyman
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

Thank you so much for writing. We were glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable (always a good thing!) and that the breakfast was to your liking. As you mentioned, you found your self in the middle of our popular February Kid's Week program.....admittedly not our usual demographic.....but one we happily cater to for School Vacation Week! Sorry, you never did get that soak in the hot tub...but happy to know that you would stay here again (with a little different demographic!) Thanks!

Reviewed 6 February 2011

The room is amazing great space. MY husband is very picky and we found a place he loves!
The kids always have a great time when we come every february! Service is amazing also
every thing is spot on! You get your moneys worth that is for sure! Thank you Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jensydscottjosh
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2011

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your wonderful comments about our property. We do our utmost to provide great accommodations, great service and great value - and we sincerely appreciate your recognition of our efforts. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thanks again!

Reviewed 31 January 2011

well lets just start by saying i came from the horrific International inn "cuddles and bubbles" in hyannis (checked out early). called the holiday in and they were very understanding and accomidating. the check in time was 3pm but they let me check in at 1pm, when i had gotten there the girl at the front desk was unbelievable, she even upgraded in appology to the other hotel..

Our room was AWSOME, one of the most cumfy beds i have ever slept on, gorgoeus in wall fire place , amazing jaccizzi tub, great modern look, very clean, wifi, nice fitness center, and huge pool!!

i was so excited we booked a double bed room for the next night, and grabbed our small children to enjoy another nights stay there!! so in a nutshell saved us!! THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank farinha1013
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2011

Thank you for sharing! So happy to hear that we were able to "turn things around" for you for the week-end and that you enjoyed both your King room with Jacuzzi and Fireplace and the double bedded room with your family. We're fortunate to have a variety of rooms (all with the comfy beds you mentioned!) to accommodate families, couples and business travellers. Come back and visit us when your schedule permits!

Reviewed 12 December 2010

Last night I worked late Hyannis and stayed at this Holiday Inn. I was awoken my the maid banging her keys on my door Very hard a few minutes before 9am. This noise jolted me out of my bed. I thought there was an emergency. She kept saying "Check out time... I need to start my day" over and over. UM checkout time is at 11am. This left me with hardly 4 hours sleep and leaving very angry. The front desk staff were hardly apologetic. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Bostonbud52
hyanhi1, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Wow, not good! Your review was most disappointing to read. Please accept our apology for your less than positive experience. I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper about the room attendent being over zealous in starting her day and she is sharing your review with her entire staff
Thank you for your comments and we hope you will give the Holiday Inn Hyannis another chance when Cape Cod is next on your agenda...I promise, you will be glad you did!

Reviewed 5 December 2010

First the positive - very comfortable bed, nice bathroom. Now to the negative points -
motel style at hotel price, very very thin walls and loud heating/air conditioning. Kids running through the hallways even late in the evening and parents letting them, this maybe was just bad luck. I would suggest the posting of signs at entrances encouraging quietness if this is their usual clientele. Definitely no place for light sleepers. Free internet in the rooms but no PC station in the lobby and not everyone travels with a laptop. I ate a small dinner in the bar (restaurant closed as it was Thanksgiving and did not appreciate that an 18 % gratuity was added to my bill (supposingly only for parties of 6 or more). On a future trip to the cape i will try another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank mapalux
DOS14, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2010

Thank you for your comments - both the good and the “not so good”. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable bed and bathroom. We regret that you experienced noise issues during your stay. We were hosting a group over Thanksgiving week-end that did create some noise challenges. This is not the “norm” of our clientele; however, we wish that we had done a better job of assigning your room away from the group. We apologize also for the problem in the lounge – an automatic gratuity is certainly not our policy and we have addressed this with your server. We hope that you will reconsider a stay at the Holiday Inn Hyannis, so that we can better meet your expectations

Reviewed 27 November 2010

This hotel is right on the main road leading into Hyannis and looks like it was recently redone. Very nice place with very clean rooms and a large indoor pool and friendly staff. It is centrally located so you are close to everything on the cape and it is near route 6 which leads you to all points east or west. The prices for off season were reasonable, the only complaint I have is that the free WiFI they offer was very spotty and only worked half the time. I called their tech support twice to log me on and it worked but would time out. Overall not a bad place to stay. The restaurant here served breakfast and the service was decent and the food was cheap and actually pretty good!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Nice review....thank you. We agree - the Holiday inn Hyannis does have a great central location, clean and recently redone rooms and as you experienced…reasonable rates. We’re sorry for the problem you encountered with our complimentary WIFI service – we will be looking into this. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to share your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property the next time you visit the Cape.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Best Western Cape Cod Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to Holiday Inn Hyannis? Share your experiences!