“Choose another tour”
Review of Catboat Rides

Catboat Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Catboat Rides offers fun and affordable sailboat excursions and charters in Hyannis, MA. Our boat, the 'Eventide', is a Catboat class of sloop rigged sailboat, an authentic traditional local design. She is 34 feet long, has a wide 10 foot beam and a mast 38 feet tall, assuring a steady, smooth, and comfortable ride. We get much closer to coastal attractions than other Hyannis excursion boats. We have a well stocked bar and galley onboard. Our dock is at 146 Ocean St. Hyannis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Follow ferry signs to Hy-Line Ocean Street Dock(Not South Street Dock!) Turn left into metered parking lot immediately after 2 large signs for Hyannis Harbor Cruises and Spanky's Clam Shack Restaurant (across from Hyannis Holiday Motel).
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The tour is ok but the captain looks like he would rather be by himself in a remote location. Not your people person. With all the tours offered on the Cape and all the friendly people in Massachusetts, I would choose another one.

Marcus_M_Sherman, Owner at Catboat Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I think this review is a bit unfaIr. Our tour is offered as a sailing experience and not a sightseeing trip. We do not give a travelogue or canned speech. We have no loudspeakers. We will tell you everything you want to know and nothing you don't want to know. We offer a quiet relaxing trip. Sorry I don't appear to smile much but 2/3 of my lower lip was removed due to skin cancer and my facial appearance may appear more dour than my real personality.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had hoped to do the lighthouse cruise but sailings had been reduced out of season so we booked on the sunset cruise. Sailing on the bay under sail power without engine was a completely different experience to the other boat tours we had previously taken. Sitting close to the water and watching the captain and first mate work together to sail the boat made for a very memorable outing. Clarissa serves a generous sundowner G&T! This is not a 'tour' and there's no scripted patter, instead you sail with the wind and chat with a very experienced crew who happily point out sights, wildlife etc.Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our friends from inland had not experienced sailing, so we were concerned about getting a rough ride on Lewis Bay around Hyannisport. We did have a perfect day with sunny skies and 10-15 knot winds, but Captain Sherman was very adept in handling the boat for a smooth ride. He pointed out the key landmarks and sights, but for the majority of 2 hours we enjoyed a quiet and peaceful ride with 8 other passengers. Drinks & snacks are available on board. I would recommend this experience to someone who has never sailed, and I would do it again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My three year old son and I had a wonderful sail on the Catboat. Captain Marcus was down-to-earth and friendly, the First Mate offered to re-chill people's drinks when they'd been out in the sun a while, it was laid back but friendly and a really enjoyable sail. There's a small area in the front of the boat that's very kid friendly. The hour and a half sail was manageable for my son and we were allowed to bring lunch on board and eat while we sailed the harbor. I'd definitely do it again.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I scheduled on a slow weekday in July. So it was hot. They served drinks, but were out of water- only 1 in the cooler. They substitued with iced tea. then When paying for drinks- i had a beer- they didn't have any change! The ride was okay- mainly due to no wind thru the bay, so we were slow moving and mostly on engine( not their fault!)
The capatian was nice- stated at beginning he was not a tour guide- so was not expecting much.
It was hard to tip at the end as I had no extra change- used it on the drink!
I would suggest you pick a windy day if you can for a more pleasurable ride.