“Great B&B with wonderful owner!”

Cape Cod Ocean Manor
Ranked #1 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great B&B with wonderful owner!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The place was great and Martin is fabulous. Everyone who worked there was incredibly nice and helpful. I would definitely go back! The rooms were clean and nice. The atmosphere was very homey and cozy - Martin and the rest of the crew treated us like family. There were books and games to entertain, but we were mostly out of the house enjoying the rest of the Cape. We caught fish on a fishing trip and Martin let us cook them up in the kitchen that night. I'd advise people to figure out what they want to do on the Cape and try to find a place to stay that is as central to those activities as possible, since driving around took a while and traffic was terrible... But for our purposes Hyannis was centrally located and convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Cape Cod Ocean Manor with 2 other couples, and we had an absolutely fantastic time. The bed and breakfast was in a great location, close to the center of Hyannis, and in a great spot on the Cape. It was easy to get to towns both on both the east and west sides of the Cape. The rooms were large, clean, and had pretty views. The breakfast was yummy. Martin, the owner, was very hospitable, helpful, and friendly! I would definitely stay at Cape Cod Ocean Manor again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Mr. Martin, and crew - all of them were just plain spectacular. We travel 2 to 3 times a year to various vacation spots looking for someone as Mr. Martin (and his staff) and quaint little places like the Cape Cod Manor. In all our travel experiences, we have never found someone who treated us (2 adults and 3 kids - 12, 8, and 4 years) as family. Breakfast was simple, elegant, and filling. The carrot cake (baked every day, I think) was tasty. The entire crew went out of their way to make sure we were 1. comfortable, 2. taken care of and 3. advised to do the best thing this area had to offer. Very, very pleased with the experience to the point where I am suggesting people to go to the Cape Cod Manor just to see what hospitality is really about. Dude is Irish - so what else do you expect :).

Room Tip: We stayed at Room #5 - found it to be very roomy for all 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids). View was ni...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Shashi G
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The best thing about this place are the people. Martin the owner is the nicest man you would ever meet. He was extremely helpful offering us a ride to town very early in the morning even when he had a late night with his band the night before. We really appreciate this Martin! Claire was also wonderful helping us with schedules and printing tickets for us, thank you so much, you made us feel right at home. The place is strategically located close to the ferry if you plan on visiting the islands. The rooms are very charming and clean. We highly recommend this place, it should be #1!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Last month, my cousins/my wife/myself stayed here for a few days on our way to Boston. I can not say enough about Martin, the Irish innkeeper. He was a delight. Extremely helpful especially given our first time to the Cape. Although the breakfast is continental with no hot dishes, they were still very good. The staff is pleasant/friendly/helpful. The location is close to beach/ferrys/downtown is within walking distance. The room was nice/clean/quaint. There's always tea/coffee available & the entryway contains plenty of information on things to do. Would go back in an Irish minute.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FRANK R
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I went here for part of our honeymoon, and it was a great choice for the value! Martin is a talkative and super nice guy. He is offers anything he can, including rides into town. Kalamus beach, which is a calm inlet beach, is a five minute walk from the B&B. Veteran's Memorial beach is also close, but its a bit busier and smellier because it faces the port and fishing. Our room was simple and clean, and the balcony overlooks the marsh where a bazillion different kinds of birds nest. The ocean could also be seen from afar in our particular room. The balcony was surprisingly unbuggy, I think the constant breeze on one side of the house sweeps them away. Breakfast was simple but good. We did have a minor ant problem, as beach area properties may have more bugs. I had left an open container from a sweet coffee drink on a table near a window and the ants attacked. But after removing the offending item and a quick spray of ant killer near the window, we didn't see an ant the rest of the days. My husband and I are not fussy people, so that solution was just fine. Martin and his staff were all super nice, and even gave us a small congratulatory gift after finding out it was our honeymoon. For the price (relative to other B&Bs), beach convenience and cleanliness, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miriam_I1
New York, NY
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I just stayed here last weekend (July 27-29) with my friend and Martin (the owner, a sweet Irish guy) and Claire ( a staff member) were so helpful and kind to us. The house is very convenient to ferries and Hyannis' main thoroughfare. The room we stayed in was spotless and clear that it is well maintained. Our bed was comfortable, the breakfast was light and sweet and Martin sent us off with a hug and a kiss letting us know that we are "part of the family now." I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Efie0130
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,200 reviews
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Cape Cod Ocean Manor? Share your experiences!