“The Essence of Cape Cod”

Cape Cod Ocean Manor
Ranked #1 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Cape Cod Ocean Manor in Hyannis. We come from New York City and were looking for a quiet escape and we found that and more here. We were greeted by the owners Martin and Ashley and they couldn't have been more accommodating. The rooms were immaculate and full of immenities. The location was perfect close to the beaches etc. Also lots of great restaurants and nightspots in the area. I would highly recommend the Cape Cod Manor to anyone looking for a great place to stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2009

My wife and I just returned from a fabulous vacation which started in Cape Cod and ended in Maine. We stayed at the Cape Cod Ocean Manor from 09/18/09 to 09/24/09. Prior to making reservations, we thoroughly reviewed many of the Bed & Breakfast establishments in the Hyannis region. Cape Cod Ocean Manor is really a very good choice for the following reasons. Its location is ideal if you plan to take the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard and/or Nantucket. It is within walking distance with regard to where the ferries depart. We visited both Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. It was really convenient not having to worry about the costs associated with parking. Also, we were able to walk to Main Street to enjoy the souvenir shops and restaurants for one day. If you like whale watching, it is just a short drive to Barnstable where you will need to pay a nominal fee for parking. On the day that we went we had many whale sightings where they actually came up alongside the boat. The drive to Provincetown is about an hour or so. We drove to Provincetown to spend a day enjoying the souvenir shops, visited Pilgrim’s Monument, and ate at the Lobster Pot. As you can see, staying at Cape Cod Ocean Manor was an excellent choice given our vacation plans.

Breakfast included cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, orange juice, cupcakes, and an occasional yummy homemade dish. For the price that you pay, what was provided was sufficient for our needs. The room that we stayed in was very clean. The maid provided us with fresh linen and towels during our stay. The management provides many free brochures to places that you may like to visit during your stay. There are sometimes coupons which accompany these pamphlets which lead to additional savings.

Finally, my wife and I would like to make one more comment regarding our stay at this Bed & Breakfast. The owner of this establishment (Martin) was absolutely wonderful. We do not take vacations often and thus his hospitality made this trip particularly enjoyable. Please believe us when we say that you will not be sorry if you stay here. Martin will make sure that your stay is a pleasant one. Without a doubt, this establishment is the primary reason why my wife and I would return to Cape Cod for future vacations.

Michael and Cecille

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MostRomanticCouple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Recently stayed at the ocean manor for one night and had a great time. Martin is the most hospitable host I have ever encountered and really does a great job at meeting your needs. The manor is in a pretty decent spot, close to beach and the main street in town is not far at all either. Cute little deck to eat outside, but overlooks swampy marshland so not much of a view.

We had rainy weather the day we were in Hyannis so we just hit up all the stores and restaurants around main street, must go to British Beer Company for the blueberry beer, it was soo delicious.

Overall, a great stay for an even better deal.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Martin is an extremely personably man. He made sure our every need was met and made sure to take time to converse with the guests if they so chose. He receives an A+ as a host. This B&B was all I expected and more. The location is GREAT and being a birdwatcher, had some pleasant surprises. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2009

This is a truly hidden gem. Place is clean as a pin, the owner will travel an extra lightyear to make sure that you are happy. We stayed in room #4, we loved it! There is a balcony with a beautiful view where you can eat breakfast/lunch weather allowing. The room is done in a marine theme with great taste. We spent quiet a few minutes chatting with the owner whose name is Martin, he is a fine Irish gentleman, an example of friendliness and hospitality. The hotel was full when we got there. I think there is some sort of a special sound insulation because we did not hear any of our neigbours at any time. This hotel is within a short walking distance to the Hyannis harbor where you can take a ride to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket, or a boat tour around the harbor. So, overall this is a very good place, the only place where my wife agreed to stay the next time we go to Cape Cod.
Nick
PS. Just asked my three year what she liked most about the hotel. The king size bed of course! She did her fair share of jumping on the bed (we have a smaller bed at home)...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2009

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the Ocean Manor in Hyannis. We were pleasantly surprised. I had read nothing but great reviews on TripAdvisor, and it fufilled or surpassed every thing we were looking for.

PROS-Friendly service. Both the gentleman and lady we dealt with both days were SUPER nice

LOCATION-1 Mile to the ferry, 1.5 miles from Main Street, a few hundred feet from 2 beaches. All walking distance

ACCOMODATIONS-We stayed in Rm #5. LARGE. and SPOTLESS.
Full size AC unit
It appeared the carpeting was either brand new or freshly shampooed.
The bathroom? Immaculate. No lie, you could eat off the floor. Not a spot of mildew. Not a hair. Clean towels. Moderately comfy king size bed. BIG mini fridge {I forgot my orange juice in the freezer :( Nice microwave
Balcony was perfect for two people; not more than that. Bright, with 2 windows and a sliding glass door. We didn't need the air conditioner the second night! LOTS of outlets for charging our Iphone, laptop, cell phone, curling iron, flat iron, etc

AMENITIES-No toiletries, but c'mon people...this isn't a third world country. Go to the CVS (there's at least 500 between the airport and the inn) and get something you would actually use, not just stuff in your bag as a momento.
* Hair dryer dried my long hair quickly.
*The Wi-Fi isn't just LIGHTNING FAST, but FREE!!
*Breakfast...meh; fresh fruit, 5 different dry cereals to choose from, OJ, coffee, tea, muffins. Your typical light continental.

The spots aren't assigned, but every night we had a parking space waiting. Do urself a flavor and once you park just leave the car..

CONS-That we only stayed 2 nights. And that we met the guy with the tops of his fingers cut off (HE WAS NOT AT THE INN). No disrespect to people w/o finger tips, but this dude stared at me too much. And that now everyone is going to go here and it won't be one of the most affordable places in Hyannis that are sweet, cozy, and private.

I think thats about it, I've posted lots of pics in hopes that you will find this review useful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We booked late and were offered two nights, different rooms in this small b&b, one long
block from a nice bay beach (kalmus beach) and down the block from the port where harbor trips abound as well as fast boats to nantucket and martha's vineyard and all the restaurants you could want.
The cape cod ocean manor is nicely located against a marsh with an ocean view from the second floor decks. We mostly just relaxed at the b&b and on the beach.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Cod Ocean Manor? Share your experiences!