“Huge Disappointment - Service & Food in Sharp Decline”
Review of Ardeo On Main - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ardeo On Main
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Boston, Massachusetts
“Huge Disappointment - Service & Food in Sharp Decline”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We occasionally have visited this spot when visiting Hyannis with family or friends in the past few years. Our most recent visit was the second time in the last eight weeks we stopped in for dinner and received incredibly slooooow and inattentive service. Thirty minutes passed before we were offered beverages and a single small loaf of bread for six people. Another thirty minutes passed before basic (mostly cold, pre-made) appetizers were served. Then another 35 minutes until very basic dinner entrees (pizza, etc.) were sent to the table with some of the orders incorrectly made. The restaurant had only four or five other tables of guests. Truly awful service. Food was mediocre.

• Visited June 2012

M. Mills
“Never Disappointed...lunch or dinner”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This place is a really good place to get a great meal, that will most likely having you take home a 'doggie bag' for the next day, at reasonable prices. Gone many times over the years for either lunch, dinner or even take out. Their Calamari w/tossed baby greens is listed as an appetizer, but I get it as a dinner treat & it's the one thing I will always call in for a take out on my way home when I've little time for anything else. Totally DELISH! And very ample portion! All their food is fresh & service w/me has always been above average to excellent, even w/take out. Don't miss this great eats place that's up past the well beaten path of Main St. Hyannis.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank J L
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“I would not order the pizza”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We had takeout while staying next door. The atmosphere is very pleasant. I sat at the bar while waiting for the chicken wings and pizza. The wings were very good. The pizza was soggy.

• Visited May 2012
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Used to be great...now not so much”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We went yesterday and took my Mother in Law out to lunch for an early Mother's Day present. It was not very busy. We were the only people in our room at 2:45 on Saturday afternoon. The waitress and the kitchen were super slow. It was almost an hour before we got our food. Two of us had lackluster, incredibly bland sandwiches even though I chose one that I expected to have lots of flavor (Boursin and short rib with arugala and carmelized onions). The boursin was practically non-existant and the short rib was greasy and flavorless. It was supposed to be a pannini, but was really just a sandwich on dry toasted bread. My husband had the meatball and sausage pannini...also dry and tasteless. The fried potatoes that come with the sandwich are great, however. The only person satisfied was the MIL who got the mussels Ardeo and the salad with dried fruit. I must admit, the mussels were delicious and the salad looked beautiful even though they did have to make a second one since they dressed it even though she requested dressing on the side.

Overall, the service was way too slow and I feel like I wasted valuable calories eating a substandard sandwich. Maybe that's the key...Don't get a pannini.

• Visited May 2012
Acushnet, Massachusetts
“Great for the 3rd time!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was my 3rd visit to Ardeo on Main on a recent trip to Hyannis. I was a little skeptical to visit again due to some of the poor reviews on here lately, but I am so glad I went back! I once again had the Chicken Orzo soup which was amazing!! I shared the 4 Cheese White Pizza. It was very dense but it tasted so good! I was completely satisfied with my experience. Our waitress and the manager were both great. We also had a limelight deal so we saved $10. Ardeo is a great place to stop for a break while browsing the shops on Main Street.

• Visited April 2012