“Great birthday celebration!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pirate Adventures Hyannis

Pirate Adventures Hyannis
Ranked #4 of 18 Tours in Hyannis
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures is an interactive voyage on the Sea Gypsy that's fun for kids and parents alike. After face painting, dress-up, and tattoos, our new "crew" members embark on an action packed treasure hunt around the waters of Lewis Bay. Along with the regular pirate crew they search for clues, find secret messages, fight a swashbuckling water battle, and end the trip with "timber-shivering" music and revelry. Come join the fun! For reservations call 508-394-9100.After this trip your kids will be singing..."it's a pirates life for me"!
South Windsor, Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great birthday celebration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Pirate Adventure. We booked it for our daughter's 7th birthday celebration on vacation. We also have a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. Every detail was well thought out. I have to say I am used to doing these adventures "Disney style", so I didn't expect so much out of this. When you arrive they give each kid their pirate name tag, paint tattoos on them, and have pirate bandanas and swords for sale. When you board the ship, you are greeted by the captain and the mates. They have all the children sit in the front of the ship and there is seating for the parents around the rest. They do have some shaded seating near the captain. All of the pirates were full of energy and engaging the entire time. The kids never sat still for very long. They put together their puzzle treasure map, get to fire water cannons at the enemy, and find their treasure. Our son is usually very shy around people he doesn't know, but he was fully participating the entire time. At the end of the voyage they sang happy birthday to the few kids on board who were celebrating a birthday. As a family of 5, it cost over $100 for the Pirate Adventure. I can honestly say it was worth every penny. My kids have not stopped talking about it! They want to do it again next summer :)

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
ENGLEWOOD
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Even Grumpy Grandpa liked it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was an event my wife booked for the grandkids. I was--shall we say--skeptical, but willing to bite my tongue because I wanted, most of all, for the grandkids to enjoy their week with us on Cape Cod. We sized up the "ship" the day before. Fiberglas hull, twin outboards, nicely built and outfitted--with all the pirate stuff: masts, cannons, and chicken wire sails. I (as a long time Coast Guardsman) could see the life jackets, and so I was comfortable with the plan.

We arrived 30 minutes before the "cruise" so the kids could get free painted on tattoos, and pirate vests. Then they sold us eye patches and swords and pirate head rags, which were kind of like the ones you see on motorcycle riders, but were in the small sizes for the kids who were the pirates of the day. Also they came in pink as well as blue.

Off we went at the appointed hour. The crew, who were Irish (I think) and college age, were wonderful. They got the kids attention, and almost immediately had them with their hands on deck, really. That pretty well keeps them quiet and happy. We managed to assemble a treasure map, each kid had a piece and a crew member put them in order. Then we knew where to go to find the treasure.

Along the way we found another pirate (he was on a small anchored sailboat) and we soaked him with water cannons--really. There are about 10 cannons on each side and they spew water.
Then we searched for and found the treasure. A real treasure chest filled with gems and rings and other booty. Each kid got to take a handful--and they loved it.

A group photo with the Jolly Roger and our own flag, signed by all the participants, and everybody growling at the cameras rounded out the 1.5 hr cruise. And soon we were back at the dock.

As a couple of 70 somethings, my wife and I think that kid stuff is just for kids. But this was a good time for us and for them. Lots of good photos, lots of good time.

Visited July 2013
9 Thank EnglewoodDane
Belmont, New Hampshire
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Kids won't stop talking about this!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We just returned from Cape Cod and our whole family LOVED this Pirate Adventure. They do a great job getting the little pirates ready...having the name tags ready before they even got there was a nice touch! Every pirate is given their own pirate name and then they wear vests and get tattoos painted on. Super cute! The staff was full of energy and they truly put on a good show. Since returning home from the Cape, my kids have been playing pirates and acting out the whole thing again. Really well done...I highly recommend it! We traveled with a 7, 5,4 and 1 year old. They all had a great time!

Visited June 2013
Brewster
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Such a great idea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I took our 3 kids ages 2,4, and 5 for the first time. We live in Brewster and wanted to do something different. I can't say enough great things about this crew! They seemed like they had acting classes and tons of experience with kids. It's very interactive for the entire ride and the kids never lost interest. We had a lot of great laughs due to the creativity and they are quite organized! Parking is super easy and this gig runs on time! I will absolutely do this again!

Visited June 2013
Yorkshire, UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We found this cruise online before we went on vacation and I am very pleased to say it lived up to expectations. The staff were excellent and our kids gad a ball.
Highly recommended.