“Worth every penny!”

Pirate Adventures Hyannis
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Hyannis
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures is an interactive voyage on the Sea Gypsy that's fun for kids and parents alike. After face painting, dress-up, and tattoos, our new "crew" members embark on an action packed treasure hunt around the waters of Lewis Bay. Along with the regular pirate crew they search for clues, find secret messages, fight a swashbuckling water battle, and end the trip with "timber-shivering" music and revelry. Come join the fun! For reservations call 508-394-9100.After this trip your kids will be singing..."it's a pirates life for me"!
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My kids have done this three times in 4 years and love it every time. The crew is so energetic and totally into it. They look like they personally enjoy every minute! The kids have a blast and so do the parents.

Keep up the awesome job!

There are newer reviews for Pirate Adventures Hyannis

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The 'actors' have the kids engaged from the minute they meet them on the dock to the time they leave the ship. They have name tags ready (with each child's name and pirate name) ready for them and they address each one by name as they include them in the adventure . There is no 'down time' at all. They have them building a pirate map puzzle, searching the shore for landmarks, fighting off the sea witch with a series of water cannons - with plenty of time for all to participate, hoisting flags, pulling up and sharing pirate treasure. They drink pirate's 'grog' (actually cream soda) and dance the limbo to celebrate finding the treasure and defeating the sea witch. The kids absolutely loved it. Even at the end, they get all the kids together at the bow of the ship for 'you' to get a great picture - not to take one themselves and get you to buy it. This is a hard-working crew so please do tip them - they go out of their way to make it a fun and enjoyable adventure for all.

1  Thank Snowflake217
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Pirate Adventure. We booked it for our daughter's 7th birthday celebration on vacation. We also have a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. Every detail was well thought out. I have to say I am used to doing these adventures "Disney style", so I didn't expect so much out of this. When you arrive they give each kid their pirate name tag, paint tattoos on them, and have pirate bandanas and swords for sale. When you board the ship, you are greeted by the captain and the mates. They have all the children sit in the front of the ship and there is seating for the parents around the rest. They do have some shaded seating near the captain. All of the pirates were full of energy and engaging the entire time. The kids never sat still for very long. They put together their puzzle treasure map, get to fire water cannons at the enemy, and find their treasure. Our son is usually very shy around people he doesn't know, but he was fully participating the entire time. At the end of the voyage they sang happy birthday to the few kids on board who were celebrating a birthday. As a family of 5, it cost over $100 for the Pirate Adventure. I can honestly say it was worth every penny. My kids have not stopped talking about it! They want to do it again next summer :)

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was an event my wife booked for the grandkids. I was--shall we say--skeptical, but willing to bite my tongue because I wanted, most of all, for the grandkids to enjoy their week with us on Cape Cod. We sized up the "ship" the day before. Fiberglas hull, twin outboards, nicely built and outfitted--with all the pirate stuff: masts, cannons, and chicken wire sails. I (as a long time Coast Guardsman) could see the life jackets, and so I was comfortable with the plan.

We arrived 30 minutes before the "cruise" so the kids could get free painted on tattoos, and pirate vests. Then they sold us eye patches and swords and pirate head rags, which were kind of like the ones you see on motorcycle riders, but were in the small sizes for the kids who were the pirates of the day. Also they came in pink as well as blue.

Off we went at the appointed hour. The crew, who were Irish (I think) and college age, were wonderful. They got the kids attention, and almost immediately had them with their hands on deck, really. That pretty well keeps them quiet and happy. We managed to assemble a treasure map, each kid had a piece and a crew member put them in order. Then we knew where to go to find the treasure.

Along the way we found another pirate (he was on a small anchored sailboat) and we soaked him with water cannons--really. There are about 10 cannons on each side and they spew water.
Then we searched for and found the treasure. A real treasure chest filled with gems and rings and other booty. Each kid got to take a handful--and they loved it.

A group photo with the Jolly Roger and our own flag, signed by all the participants, and everybody growling at the cameras rounded out the 1.5 hr cruise. And soon we were back at the dock.

As a couple of 70 somethings, my wife and I think that kid stuff is just for kids. But this was a good time for us and for them. Lots of good photos, lots of good time.

9  Thank EnglewoodDane
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We just returned from Cape Cod and our whole family LOVED this Pirate Adventure. They do a great job getting the little pirates ready...having the name tags ready before they even got there was a nice touch! Every pirate is given their own pirate name and then they wear vests and get tattoos painted on. Super cute! The staff was full of energy and they truly put on a good show. Since returning home from the Cape, my kids have been playing pirates and acting out the whole thing again. Really well done...I highly recommend it! We traveled with a 7, 5,4 and 1 year old. They all had a great time!