“Great Ice Cream”

Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Hyannis
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Welcome to Katie's Ice Cream! Our ice cream is handmade in small batches using only all-natural dairy, fresh local & imported flavors, and real, natural ingredients. Enjoy!
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had brownie batter with oreos and chocolate chips. It was home-made and delicious. My boyfriend had mocha with oreos and whipped cream. They make their own whipped cream. It was delicious.

1  Thank Katie E
Katie's I, General Manager at Katie's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your ice cream. I not only make the whipped cream but every ice cream ingredient from vanilla extract to chocolate to marshmallows and brittle. If you come back again try something else like our homemade hot fudge! Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Let's face it, you can't throw a rock without hitting an ice cream shoppe. Katie is great quality and has lots of flavors. I can't say they really stand out from any other ice cream we tried. But if you find yourself in Hyannis, and in need of ice cream, you can't go wrong with Katie's.

I am glad you enjoyed your ice cream and visit to Katie's. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I got Cape Cod Mud in a waffle cone, which was divine. My five year old got his standard vanilla with rainbow sprinkles. Of course I tasted it- delicious! My husband, however, got Lemon merengue, which had experienced some temperature variations and had ice crystals. So, 2 out of 3 ain't too bad.

I am glad you enjoyed your ice cream. Please, next time there is a problem, at Katie's or another establishment, inform the manager. We would have not only replaced your cone, but we could have taken corrective action (ie. removed product) to ensure it is not being sold to other customers. We cannot show our commitment to our product or our customers unless the customer speaks up when there is a problem. I am glad to hear the experience was good overall and hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This will be a short and sweet review. We went there last evening. It seems to be popular. It is good ice cream but it didnt rock our world. Its average or slightly above average for ice cream. I was told by my sister in law to avoid the soft serve ice cream as it is obviously not their speciality and wasnt good. Go try it for yourself.

Thanks for trying our ice cream and giving us your opinion. . Though we make all of our ice cream and frozen yogurt by hand using only real, fresh ingredients, we do not make our soft serve ice cream. I apologize that your companion did not like it. Next time you are in that situation please, no matter where you are, inform the manager. At Katie's we would have replaced the ice cream or given a refund. We cannot follow through on customer service if the customer doesn't speak up.

Enjoy the rest of your summer,
Kaite

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went for a walk down Main Street
Lucky for us we stopped in on the only night the line was short, all other walks we took, the lines actually started outside
The ice cream is excellent and well worth the stop and wait
Just too many flavours and hard to make up your mind, just go with your favorite, the ice cream is excellent.

1  Thank miked08

I am glad to hear you enjoyed you ice cream and the line was not as long (length and time) as you assumed. Hopefully you will come back during the day or at a quieter time to try some of our more adventurous flavors or at least one you wouldn't usually try. And don't feel rushed, the scoopers will give you all of the time, and tasters, you need.

Until next time!