“Decent - Nothing stand out!”

Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Waterford, Connecticut
“Decent - Nothing stand out!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The pictures online are definitely not true to reality!

However - cute place with small rooms. Seem a bit out dated as well - but there is a certain amout of charm that goes along with the place. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but didn't look busy during any time during our 3 day stay. Good location in town and it was nice to have a balcony outside our door with plastic Adirondack chairs available for lounging.

Would go back again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank netvisip_onripsto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Lunenburg, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice clean room but a bit outdated, bed skirt was really wrinkled which gave the room a somewhat messy look. outdated drapes and sliders, nice mattresses and comfy pillows. We were put in the back in the "not so nice" part of the hotel. Free Dvd's but nothing new since 2009, indoor pool is locked up and you have to call someone if you want to swim, we didnt bother seemed a bit inconvenient. All in all its a 3 star hotel just like it says.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view if you can afford it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for. This hotel was the only one available under my hotel per diem in the area, so I had to book. The room was clean. It's close to the water. The hotel staff in the lobby could not have been more unfriendly. I asked for restaurant recommendations the first day. And she pointed to the restaurant next door. The next day I asked for the wifi password and the front desk staff was just very unhelpful. Didn't write it down. She just told me and said she thought it was correct. Stay away business travelers.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The pictures of this place look so nice. The exterior areas of this hotel are pleasant but the rooms are not as expected. First they put us in a small one queen bed room that was SO small. Bathroom was so outdated. Then we complained and reminded them we booked a two queen bed room. They moved us to a larger room. This room was supposed to be a "renovated" room. There was mold in the bathroom. The ceiling was like high school foam tiles. The door had chips in it. This place is much more like a motel than a hotel. All rooms have a door directly to the outside with a padlock. This place made me feel dirty. Extremely disappointed and not at all what we anticipated.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brie P

Travellers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a few days this past week. Everything was great. The location could not be better. Rooms were comfortable and spacious. They could use a little updating but nothing big and were perfect for the price. Walking distance from downtown Hyannis and lots of good restaurants. Had dinner at The Bluewater Grille on the property and the food was fantastic. Would suggest this hotel and restaurant to all!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lisawdj
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Two weeks ago we stayed for 2 nights and I have to say that was a great experience. The location is excellent, just in front of Hyannis Harbor and at a walking distance from Main Street, near of many restaurants and shops. The staff was very nice and friendly, the room was comfortable and very clean. I left my jacket and they sent it back to home immediately. I definitely will stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Irma53
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Hyannis Harbor Hotel last weekend and had a wonderful time. The hotel room was very clean and spaciuos. The hotel has a fantastic view of the harbor and the Martha's Vineyard Ferries are right across the street, which makes for a a great day trip. We had a buffet breakfast and one dinner at the Bluewater Grille which is located next to the hotels pool. We sat at a fireside/poolside table with a beautiful veiw of the harbor. The buffet was good and the dinner was excellent. We shared the Thia Mussells and Bruschetta which were to out of this world. I had the steak au poivre and my wife had the grilled salmon which were also very good. We went to see a concert at the Cape Cod Melody Tent which seats about 2000 and is a great place to see a concert. They seem to have of old time rockers, new and upcoming bands, and comedians playing at the Melody Tent. It was about a 15-20 minute walk through the town of Hyannis to get back to the hotel. I was trying to hail down cabs, but my wife insisted on walking which turned out to be very enjoyable (I won't ever admit that to her though). We had great weather for my first visit to Hyannis and loved our time at the hotel. The hotel staff was friendly, the location was outstanding and the rates were very reasonable. My wife and I had such a great time that we are thinking of bringing the kids next summer.

Room Tip: Don't wait until spring to book a summer vacation. I tried that last year and it didn't wor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
SeaCoast Inn
SeaCoast Inn
#2 of 22 in Hyannis
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,245 reviews

Been to Hyannis Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!