“Horrible customer service/False allegations”
Review of Hyannis Inn Motel

and 1 more site!
Hyannis Inn Motel
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Horrible customer service/False allegations”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This past Saturday night I had the worst experience a person could have as a guest of a hotel. I checked into the hotel sometime after 6 pm and went to my room. After cleaning up I went to the front desk and asked the woman if it was possible for 2 friends of mine who had come down the cape to run the same race as I did could stay in my room and I would pay any additional charge .She stated that it was hotel policy that only 2 adults(which we all are, in fact married men with children) and 3 children could stay in the room I was given. She said that they could hang out but could not stay over. I said that is fine I understand your policy. We came back to the room with a couple of friends and were quietly hanging out when the night watchman/security guard knocked on my door and said my guests had to leave. I said fine and we all left and walked them back to the hotel they were staying.
When I got back to my room I find a note taped to my car saying I am being evicted and the security guard accusing us of breaking the window of the hotel room below us. I told him nothing could be further from the truth and I asked him to prove it to me that it was one of us. He said it was on video and I asked him to show me the video and he wouldn't /couldn't . He was being very confrontational. At that point 2 police officers arrived and could not have been more cordial and understanding of the situation. They did say because it was private property that it would be best for us to leave. They went out of there way in trying to find us another hotel to stay in for the night. I am pretty sure that if they felt we were at fault and broke a window they would have arrested someone for destruction of property. It was pretty clear that we did nothing wrong. We then went to the room to retrieve our bags I found that my car keys were taken by the security personal. This person had no right to touch my personal belongings. The next day I made several attempts to speak with a manager about the situation and was unsucessful. He finally returned my call this morning and was very rude to my wife and said he will be charging me for the broken window. It now seems that I will have to take legal action. As you can see in other reviews, previous guests also had issues with the manager and security. There are many great places to stay on the cape and this is not one of them.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank daveb861
vacationer603, Owner at Hyannis Inn Motel, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Customer reserved a room for 2 Adults. At Approx. 1:30 am our Night Desk/Security recieved a call about loud noise coming from this customers room. Security went to the room and found 3 Men & 2 Ladies Partying in the room. They were told to leave, and on thier way out one of them broke a window (which this guest is responsible for, as he brought these people to his room)
We have a Zero Tolerence Policy in effect, which is for the comfort and security of all our guests that do not need to be distrubed by unruly people who have no regard for other people and thier property. This policy is fully stated on our website and we will continue to uphold it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Travelling with my husband and our 15 and 13 year old sons, we enjoyed the rooms that the Hyannis Inn provided. We stayed in a very roomy suite with two queen beds ( which is hard to find these days) and it also had a pull out sofa. The mini fridge in the room was a blessing for breakfast items we had purchased at the store. Typical motel decor but it was CLEAN! The owners were helpful when I asked for advise and directions to the Chatham area. It was a perfect location and close to eveything we wanted to do (Cape Code Mall, Whale Watching, Cape Cod Baseball, tons of places to eat on Main Street, JFK Museum) It is a bit of a walk to the harbour and the beaches though. For our first trip to Cape Cod, we were happy with our experience at the Hyannis Inn Motel. Reading other peoples posts......their unique situations shouldn't sway your decision to stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank argus619
Ottawa
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My friend and I are here visiting from Canada. Got in late in the afternoon of July 20th. Checked in - lady at the front desk was great and helpful. Hotel is very dated and could use a serious facelift. Great location in the centre of town and close to everything. Our issues arose when returning from a night out down the street at about 1pm. We had two gentlemen escorts walking us home. The night desk person was standing at the from of the hotel staring at us as we approached the property. We got to our room and one of the gentleman asked to use the facilities before he continued on his way. The night person came over and stated that our guests had to leave the property immediately. Would not let them in our room to use the facilities. Made implications that we were women of ill repute. I was flabbergasted. Embarrassed beyond belief. Horrified. One of our guests was African American and I felt there were racial overtones in the reaction that our guests were confronted with. After our guests left the property I went in and confronted the front desk person who was rude, ignorant and small minded. He told me that if I didn't like his attitude I could check out. We will be leaving here tomorrow and booking into a more welcoming, hospitable venue in town. I am most dismayed that as a professional, married women I would be met with such a lack of respect!!! Do not stay here....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank shellottawa
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My children and I traveled to MA from AZ with only one night to enjoy the Cape. I was very disappointed by the customer service, the room was dirty and the rates were much higher than hotels with better locations. Granted, I should have done research but I had no access to the internet and they assured me it was the "best rate and close to the beach". No, it was a 30 minute walk to the beach and it was $35 MORE per night than a nicer hotel on the harbor! This motel is a good location if you want to be in town, but we wanted to be by the beach (they told me the beach area hotels would be much more expensive, but they were actually less when I walked to them). The owner, Joe, was not only unprofessional, he was rude and proud that they ripped me off and smugly said, "Nothin' I can do for ya." I hope my online rating and comments save other patrons from his greedy disposition and cost him business so he will learn to treat his customers like people.

Room Tip: Do not trust the owner, his only concern is making a buck.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank angimari
vacationer603, Owner at Hyannis Inn Motel, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Let me just start off by stating the facts, Customer arrived at 11:22 am, her room was ready so we let her & her 2 children check-in (check-in time is 3 PM) If the room was dirty, which it was not, don't you think she would have said something to us then?? Customer came into the office after 3PM and asked if she could check out because she found a motel ($20.00) cheaper down
near the beach and that she was on a limited budget. I feel this review is unfair & unjust, as we try our best to keep every guest happy.
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Stayed here for 4 days over Memorial Day Wkend . Located right on Main Street in Downtown Hyannis yet very quiet . JFK Museum steps away as well as Restaurants, Clubs and whatever one is looking for . Beaches are less than a 15 minute walk.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank alpinejj
Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 September 2010

What a great location right in the center of town, yet our room was set back enough that is was quiet at night. This was great for walking up and down Main Street and the marina was about a 20 minute walk. We were even able to walk to the Cape Cod Melody Tent and avoid all the traffic going in and out. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful with suggestions. Friends stayed in the room next door and we couldn't hear them through the walls. The only cons were the rooms were a little dated, but still very clean and comfortable, and the pool had a ton of chlorine in it. Still, in my opinion a good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank onebigadventure
Boston MA
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Just returned from my second stay here. (First was a year ago.) I love this place. The room and bathroom were spotless. Love the airiness of the rooms and the fact the windows open. (No a/c at night needed, but it's there.) It's a simple, old school place, but that just makes it better. They've given the pool area a facelift. New patio furniture and spruced it up. The pool is old, but bigger than many nowadays. Can't beat the location! No car necessary. Restaurants. harbor, shopping all right there.
When I checked in, I realized one reason I liked it was the people that stayed there seemed to be older-and quieter. Of course, this stay, there were 20-somethings that sat outside their room for hours drinking and talking loudly. If this place had a minimum age for guests of at least 40, it would perfect. I'll keep going back anyway.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo