“Nice clean place, Helpfull staff”
Review of Hyannis Inn Motel

Hyannis Inn Motel
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 15 July 2008

My wife booked this inn for a Sat. night, We went to the cape to watch a Lyle Lovett concert. We are a professional couple both 50 years old and i (Husband) am very fussy about where i stay. When i came home and saw that my wife had booked us into this inn i jumped right onto the net to read the reviews. Well i was NOT impressed at all with the bad reviews but i thought what the heck, its only one night..... When we arrived at the Hyannis inn about 4pm the place looked like just about any other inn or motel. We both went to the office and was greeted by a very pregnant young Lady. She was VERY nice, polite and helpful with her tips on the area. We took our key and headed up to room 48. I remember saying to my wife "well all good so far" I turned the key and entered the room. Deep breath and i took a long smell, FRESH and CLEAN!, Nice very spacious room! Bathroom was fresh clean and painted like new, Window were clean. I turned up the air, not noisy at all. So then checked the bed sheets. Nice Clean and fresh... So where is the Bad??? Went to the show and for a walk after then went to bed around midnight. Peaceful night, nice hot shower in the am. Now check out... Met the manager nice guy and he told me his side of the story about one of the bad reviews.....Very different !. All in all... Great place, good Value, Nice people, Clean. What more do you need!! Steve and Carol NH.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2008

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I find the staff there very knowledgeable to everything in the area. While we were there some other guests were misbehaving and the staff took care of the problem. I have stayed at some 5 star hotels that were not as clean as this one was. The location is the best as you are within walking distance to just about everything. There is a cocktail lounge and breakfast room on the property and b oth were spotless. I reccommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2007

For a September trip to Nantucket, we needed a place to stay for one night to catch the early ferry. Perks weren't a necessity, so we went for a low price. I guess we got what we paid for. Seemingly tucked away on a side street the motel would seem to offer a quiet night's sleep, but no. Because of the configuration of one way streets in Hyannis, our quiet side street was a major shortcut to the waterfront area. We soon found we were one block or less from the police station (sirens!), the fire house (sirens!), the schools (car horns, traffic, teenagers' music and loud mufflers) and the automated crossing signals with a recorded voice announcing that the crossing signal was about to change (15 announcements at every cycle!). Sleep was not an easy proposition. We were astonished to find that the motel provides no clock in the room; they offered a wakeup call, but no clock. There was a restaurant next door, but if we had been in a rush . . . . The most unsettling aspect of the room, however came when we left to got to dinner. The rooms are all accessed from the parking lot with no interior corridors. We found that the only lock on the exterior door was a simple pin lock on the knob - less than secure to say the least. We could lock ourselves in with a deadbolt, but could not secure the room adequately when we went out. My next stay in Hyannis will definitely be in another facility!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RetiredTraveler-NC
Reviewed 17 September 2007

the motel in general was ok. clean and close to the ferry but the people who stays there at night to watch the motel are very unprofessional and sholud not be working there.
when coming back from a bar with my friends a rude woman and i assume her boyfriend came out and told us to shut up and go to our rooms . which to me, was a shock being that she claimed to be the manager.

she said that there were a lot of OLD people sleeping and that she was not going to deal with us being loud. i just wished everyone who was staying there that night heard this woman call them OLD PEOPLE.

WAY TO TREAT YOUR GUESTS....
DEFINATELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE...

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank puchis01
Reviewed 15 September 2007

We stayed here in for 4 days this week. It was a last minute pick on a spontaneous trip and we looked all over but could not find much. We found this place and heard it was a nice place to stay. When we got there, everybody was friendly and the place was clean. I mean, unusually, atypically clean for a beach hotel room. We were pleasantly surprised. Even the furniture was freshly polished. All we saw the whole time there were staff cleaning and looking after the grounds. It was nice. It is not up to date and it does not have the new HD flat panel on the wall that some places have, but it is VERY clean. I do think they keep the prices down by going no frills: the toilet paper is thin, and there is only small chips of soap "Cashmere Bouquet" but no shampoo or hairdryer, which is fine because we bring our own anyway, but the place was clean. It is also right in the Center of Hyannis, and not more than a 5 minute walk to the harbor, 15 minute walk to the beach. While it is not the town we like to stay, the place was clean and we would think about going staying there again, if we were to go to Hyannis. Also, the folks at the front were very friendly and gave many helpful hints of where to eat, where to go. We should have listened to them about Fresh Ketch though, and avoided it.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank phillytraveler24
Reviewed 14 September 2007

This August was the 3rd visit to the hotel, we were very happy with the room & quality of care given by the employes on site, room was clean & fresh not a negative comment to give only good things & I will be returning this fall
Kevin

Stayed: August 2007
6  Thank kevinLaval
Reviewed 6 August 2007

I found this place on capevacancies.com for a last minute on-season weekend visit to Hyannis . While this is your typical older motel with 70's style furnishings, it is AAA approved and I was pleasantly surprised to find the accommodations decent - clean, comfortable and remarkably quiet (even for sleeping in late on the weekend) despite its street frontage smack dab on Main Street in the middle of the tourist district. The room (deluxe king), was spacious - a very large sitting area with a pullout sofa, a table and chairs, a decent sized fridge and a separate sleeping area with a comfortable king size bed, walk in closet, desk and dresser with plenty of other areas to drop your belongings. Speaking of the location, it is OUTSTANDING if you want to be stumbling distance to everything, restaurants, bars, shops and a short stroll to the Nantucket/Vineyard ferries. Beaches are a bit too far away to walk, but an easy bike or car ride away. I commend the staff for keeping the rooms and grounds immaculate. As I am used to staying in much newer high end hotels for work travel, and must admit I ordinarily turn my nose up at places like this. I have to say this decent motel has changed my perspective and I would probably stay here again when visiting Hyannis - especially if i was looking to economize for the stay. Liked the little tavern on the property,, "Elbow Room". A few notes: you' find none of the niceties of upscale hotels like toiletries (with the exception of Cashmere Bouquet soap), an alarm clock, iron/ironing board, a coffee maker or hair dryer, so if you like to want those things in your room, bring them. The decor is dated, pillows and linens are just average (but clean) and the bathroom was industrial, but nothing was threadbare and everything was in decent shape and in good working order. All in all, this is a decent motel and especially good for the budget traveler who wants to have Hyannis and night life at their fingertips.

Stayed: August 2007