We reserved a room two weeks prior to traveling out to Cape Cod for two nights. A half hour before our check-in time, we received a "courtesy" call, stating that the International Inn and Suites had overbooked the rooms and due to this error it was our responsibility to "relocate" ourselves. Upon requesting to speak to the manager, we were informed that our reservation was lost. (However, I question the validity of this excuse because they possessed all of our contact information to give us a courtesy call to relocate.) After speaking with the manager we were then informed that we were to contact our "third party" booking website and it was their responsibility to find us another room. Well, that would have been convenient if we had used a third party booking website. Unfortunately, we booked our trip through the Inn's website directly and due to the terrible management and lack of organization our reservations were "lost" and there was "nothing they could do" to correct the error that the Inn themselves had made. After explaining to the manager we were en route to their establishment and planning to arrive within the next ten minutes, she then informed us she could accommodate us for 1 night at a rate of $89 and we would then have to relocate ourselves for the 2nd night. Before agreeing to this rate, we checked Expedia, and the going rate on that website was $55 for the same night that the manager was offering to us for $89. Overall, the management did a horrendous job of making this an enjoyable trip. Any reputable establishment would have compensated for the error they had made. All the staff and personnel we had spoken with to try to remedy the situation were very rude and were not helpful. We were forced to relocate ourselves because of their error, and could only stay in Cape Cod for 1 night instead of 2. Even more, management never apologized or even tried to compensate for the error that they had made. Our recommendation: DO NOT EVER BOOK WITH INTERNATIONAL INN & SUITES, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Inn & Suites is a downtown Hyannis hotel offering romantic hotel accommodations for weekend getaways and vacations in Hyannis, Massachusetts. Our boutique hotel features a variety of unique amenities, romantic guest rooms and Jacuzzi suites, and friendly, professional staff. When you choose the International Inn & Suites, you'll enjoy a variety of unexpected extras, from our superior hotel amenities to our romantic vacation packages and hotel specials. Enjoy our convenient downtown location close to the best family attractions, historic landmarks, outdoor activities, museums, cultural events, shopping, dining, and live entertainment for a fabulous getaway in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Inn And Suites On Cape Cod Hotel Hyannis
- International Inn Hyannis Ma
- International Inn And Suites On Cape Cod Hyannis