“What a Dump!”

International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The staff were arrogant. They smoked in front of the main doors. The maintenance guy lumbered around yelling, huffing, and grunting. The front desk answered phones while attempting to serve people in person. The place was very very very extremely dirty and poorly maintained. Garbage floated around the hallways and entryways. The pool had green water and a lock on the gate. The rooms had dead flies, stains on the walls, soiled bedspreads, toe nails in the carpet, noisy toilets, and the place smelled like a combination of stale beer and urine. Don't stay here. See my pictures.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank HalanW
internationalinnands, Webmaster at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I apologize that the maintenance and customer service staff were not as polite as they could have been during your stay and that there were maintenance issues with the property. Fortunately, we have greatly improved in just the short time since your stay with us. We think guests today will find a pleasant and inviting experience. I hope you’ll try us again if you visit this area again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I booked the Princess Jr. Suite through Groupon for a slightly discounted price. The room was not even close to the pictures on their website. Although our room was fairly clean, the whole facility is very run down.
Our room had black stains behind the bathroom mirror, some of the tile grout in shower is very stained. There was one broken shower head and non functioning controls in the hot tub. I asked for a better maintained room and was told that maintenance would make repairs while we were out. Nothing was done. The hall to the pool room was very cold with ceiling tiles very badly stained and falling down.
The soda machine and ice machine next to our room was out of order. Didn't even bother checking others. So much for putting our wine on ice!
There wasn't even anything in the room for room service or other services that they may offer.
Our Groupon deal included a free buffet breakfast but we were told that it was an extra fee & not included. Our second morning I again inquired about the free breakfast and this time showed a copy of our Groupon deal. We were given a free breakfast voucher only to find the buffet steamers empty with only cereal and a few danish avalable @ 09:00. We tried dinner the first night in their lounge and was dissapointed in their obviously frozen fish. The dinner staff was very nice.
We will not be going back there and must say it is the first bad Groupon experience we have had.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different place.
2  Thank RonDon81

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your honest comments. You are correct that our property needed much attention last year, but fortunately most of the issues you mentioned have been completely resolved now. We are meeting our goal to get better and better every day, and I think you would like what you see if you visit us again. I sincerely apologize, however, that we could not meet your needs better during your stay.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

this is our second stay here, we picked the crown victorian suite. it looked a little run down, but no big deal. the staff was friendly and the hotel was quiet! everything in our room worked fine.

will come again!

1  Thank Christopher F
Kim S, Director of Sales at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Karen,

We strongly value all feedback, both positive and negative. We strive to please our guests and to make their stay a pleasant one. Upon check-in, our front desk agents ask every guest to call them immediately if there is anything wrong with their room or if they have any questions or concerns, this way we can address any issues immediately. If time allows, our desk agents give courtesy calls to every guest who has checked in. We do this to ensure that all of our guests’ needs are taken care of and that they are happy and satisfied. Had we received any complaints, we most certainly would have addressed them immediately. Presently we are under new management and are making improvements to the property. Hyannis is a wonderful area & we are truly blessed to be in the heart of it all. We truly appreciate your review and hope to see you back again real soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The location is ideal on Main St. I guess this hotel was updated but I didn't like bathroom one bit. The toilet was old and Jacuzzi tub too, when I used the shower the water had no choice but to leak out and wet toilet area. tried to avoid that but no way apparently. They only gave 2 bath towels, they could at least do 3, and they were coarse on the skin. The bathroom amenities were ok though and smelled nice. and Room was spacious and overall ok.
Front Desk staff was pleasant and courteous. Helped to store our bags for quite a bit.

Dear Karen,

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this room through a Groupon, the picture was gorgeous. We picked a Waldorf Suite which showed beautiful red walls, a chandelier, a jacuzzi in the same room. I actually cancelled a reservation we had already made with another hotel because this one looked more romantic. Oh how wrong I was. Why I didn't come to TA to first check the reviews is beyond me but I really wish I had prior to booking. The place is also called Cuddles and Bubbles- right there you know your in for it. They ask for a $50 security deposit- I have been in beautiful hotels and have NEVER been asked for a security deposit. Makes you wonder what kind of clientel they bring in. The hall smelled of moldy trash. The room itself had its own dingy smell. The room was two seperate rooms with dark dirty carpet in the bedroom and a trashy hanging lamp that had bulbs out. Neither lamps worked. I guess to be fair it wasn't totally dirty everywhere- but we were just grossed out the entire time- could not wait to leave. The door wouldn't shut properly- you could see the light of the hallway through the door frame- and the walls were paper thin. It almost looked like they tried to make it nice but ran out of money and started to cut corners. The bed was comfortable and appeared clean- minus the burn hole in the comforter and the gross old cigarette someone left on the floor next to the bed. As for romance- we were too skeeved out to even think about it. You want to have your clothes and shoes on the entire time you are here. It's nasty. Don't waste your money- and shame on Groupon and their website for being SO misleading!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Sunshinedreamin
internationalinnands, Webmaster at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the moldy trash smell you reported in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken door and the lamp in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We got a Groupon for our stay. When I booked it and looked on the website I thought it said the rooms were newly renovated. Clearly the room we stayed in was not. Tile color didn't match, paint was peeling in bathroom the person they had do all the caulking clearly was not a professional. It looked old and that made it dirty looking. The only plus side was the bed was pretty comfy. I was nervous with the look of the room that the bad would be horrible but it wasn't. It said with our Groupon that it included hot breakfast. When we called down to find out what time it was until, the gentleman at the desk said it wasn't included. When we checked out I informed him it stated in 2 places it was included his response was "oh, we will have them change that". I don't think it was worth the money, but other rooms may be nicer. Oh and we stayed in a princess Jr suite

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,

• The owner and the people running the website were contacted concerning having the website properly reflect what would be found at the establishment.

• Front desk clerk received extra training in the courteous manner in which they, as our representatives, are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

After reading all the poor reviews I was a little nervous to book my trip but since i got a deal I decided to go anyway, And I was happy I did. People are right that is a little dated and could use some updating, but overall my experience was fantastic. The man who checked us in and out was great, he even cracked jokes and made us feel welcome. We stayed in a royal suite that was warm and inviting, again a little dated but nothing wrong with it. The breakfast is a nice spread and has many different choices. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amaral_kid

We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations! We strive to please our guests and to make their stay a pleasant one. Glad to hear that our front desk agent was so congenial and helpful. Our breakfast buffet is very popular and we are so glad you enjoyed it! Our dinner menu also has many wonderful entree selections. Hyannis is a wonderful area & we are truly blessed to be in the heart of it all. We truly appreciate your review and hope to see you back again real soon!

Marketing/Sales Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Heritage House Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
Best Western Cape Cod Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod? Share your experiences!