International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Boston, Massachusetts
“Shabby”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

I'm very sorry to say the place has gone way down! I stayed there some years ago and it was fabulous everything was great. I was very disappointed with how shabby they let the place get. The decor in the Plaza Suite was awful my shower door fell off the hinges the sofa was dirty and as I sat down my behind hit the floor from the lack of springs. The bed was hard and the pillows was flat as a pancake. However the girl at the front desk was very nice and change the room which wasn't much better and we didn't get the bottle of champagne in the new room which came with the package along with complimentary dinner and breakfast buffet. We walk into the empty restaurant waited at least 5 minutes for someone to come greet and seat us. There was no waitress or bartender on duty at the time between the hostess who clear stated she wasn't familiar with the menu and restaurant manager who tried his best we managed to order our meals and cocktails.
After about 15 minutes the waitress arrived and shortly after the bartender arrived as well. I must rate dinner 2 stars my steak was like rubber and my partner's fish and chip was frozen fish which they forgot to put on the plate along with the other items. Breakfast buffet was sad and was told that the all the food wasn't out because the cook didn't show up. The food that they did have out was okay.
The location was nice lots of shop and stuff to look at if you want to take a stroll and maybe half mile from the beaches. Which was the high light of our get away and the bartender who turned out to be a blast. Big ups to the man Billy! We are sad to say we will NOT be returning to the International Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
internationalinnands, Webmaster at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for telling us how helpful some of the staff members tried to be to you, that is always nice to hear.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, we submitted it to the proper channels, however we were informed that you had not made use of any of the procedures which we have for dealing with complaints.

• The hotel has a complaint log form in each room. If any guest has any complaint they can fill the log form and tell the front desk. That way the front desk can take immediate action.

• The front desk also has a policy of calling each room within 30 minutes of our guests checking in to make sure that everything is ok with the room and no complaint was made at that time.

• There is also a guest comment card in every room so that our valued guests can leave feedback, positive or negative, to help us make this establishment the very best it can be. There is no such comment card from you.

We are very committed to doing our best to resolve any problems that are brought to the attention of our management at the time. We would have done everything we could to make your stay a pleasant one had we received a complaint from you. We very much value our guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again decide to stay at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Marlborough, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Upon checking into the hotel, the room given to me was incorrect, as I had ordered a hot-tub suite and received a normal room with no hot-tub. Upon request, the front desk offered to let me pay to upgrade to my original room, but eventually waived the fee for the room I paid for in the first place. The room was moldy and sticky, with dirty sheets and urine in the toilet. When water began pouring from the ceiling during the evening, I called the front desk to request a room change. They said someone would be there IMMEDIATELY. 30 minutes later, two Indian men arrived to give us a key to a new room, but were also drinking alcoholic beverages (as determined by the strong smell of alcohol from their plastic cups) and were unable to walk normally. This was the second move in fewer than 6 hours. When I requested to talk to a manager during checkout, I was informed there was not one on duty, odd for a hotel, but that they would call me by noon. No one called
me that day, and on monday I called every hour until I reached the manager at 5PM. She indicated that there was nothing I could do as I had eaten breakfast (I had not, the 7AM breakfast was not put out at 720AM when I left). I informed her of everything that had happened and how displeased I was with the service. She informed me she needed to speak with the housekeeping manager and would get back to me the next day by noon. The next day she did not call, and when I called I was met with resistance by the front desk. A man by the name Terry was particularly rude when I asked to speak with her and apparently did not pass on my messages. When I was put through, it sounded as though someone simply picked up then hung up the phone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod during your recent visit to our area.

• The Front Desk staff is required to document any guest complaints upon check out and we have no record of receiving any complaints of this nature.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

New London, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

STAY AWAY. We have stayed here 7-8 times over the years our visit on 6/2010 is the last. We didn't stay 2 nights as planned 1 was too much . 4 rooms later we finally settled for 1 that seemed clean and we couldn't see any mold on all shower heads and shower & around AC. didn't smell as bad as others. We didn't sleep all night, I sat in a chair all night. This was surpose to be a Bday getaway for me with my husband. the front enterance door was broken so you didn't need the "security code"? the carpet on the stairs was torn ,dirty halls. We never used the shower, we went to kmart to buy cleaner to clean the bath sinks and toilet so we clould use that weleft the cleaner for the help so maybe they will get the hint.....Breakfast buffet? we were told by the waiter that we cook out toast and they cook egges in the kitchen? we didn't eat the eggs, gross we left and went to check out 1 day early and went and enjoyed a muffin at "DD" . don't let the online photos fool you. Those are from the good old days. I never write reviews so take this seriously. This place is a health hazzard i couldn't wait 2 get home and shower . the jacuzzi wouldn't go near with a ten foot pole. the prices are not cheap 4 a "nice" room" you can go elsewhere and get a clean nice room that you will be able to use the shower etc. and not have to sit in a chair all night. the manager that we talked to and showed him all the problems didn't seem to concerned and just kep't showing us room after room until we found 1 and offered us a dinner special buy 1 dinner get 1 half off big deal I am glad that we didn't eat dinner as breakfast the next morning was terrible. I guess their renovations the advertise are in the parking lot with yellow lines around the pool which were never there before. PLEASE STAY AWAY .

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Riverside, RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

My husband had booked this as a one night getaway for us. We don't have a lot of money lately, so it was to be a special surprise. He also booked a package that included a bottle of champagne, love dice, chocolate covered strawberries, and soft pajamas.

We arrived at the hotel around 9pm. To our dismay and the ruin of my surprise, the package was not in the room as promised. My husband immediately let the front desk know. They then asked me to come down to pick out pajamas. They also said that we did not pay for the champagne (although we did) and that they would send a bottle up complimentary. 2 hours later the champagne and strawberries arrived. By then it was 11, and we were too tired to enjoy it.

Upon looking at our bank accounts a couple days later, they had charged us for 2 nights, with a total bill of over $500 (not to mention the $200 worth of overdraft fees). And the champagne was NOT complimentary. We notified the hotel immediately upon discovering this. My husband spoke to the manager who was very rude to him, and we were promised a reversal of the fees within 5-7 days. It has now been 3 weeks, nothing has happened, and I have been calling the manager for days, to be ignored. If I do not hear from them today, we will be taking them to small claims court. Not to mention that there also appeared to be dried vomit on the wall next to the bed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Please thank your husband for us for choosing International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod for your recent stay in our area. He sounds like a very thoughtful, caring person.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod. I think you will be very pleased.

Lisburn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

While staff were friendly and the accomodation was satisfactory, decor needs to be updated and windows were filthy and needed to be cleaned. Due to the unusually high temperatures we specifically looked for somewhere with a pool, which this hotel advertised. However on inspection the pool was merky and there was algae forming on the steps. This explained why we never saw anyone using it. A best it was a health hazard.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly, that is always nice to hear.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod. I think you will be greatly pleased.

new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

Taking time to warn fellow travelers; it's not good -meaning it's bad. Went cheap with a VIP room, but can't imagine the higher priced rooms are much better. The lobby stinks of grime and the hallways are worse. The room is overpriced at $60. The proprietors seemed like ok Balkan types. Maybe they're laundering money. It's not good.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo

Swansea
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

We have been to this hotel many times in the past and it has been good over the years, but it has changed tremendously. The hotel is run down and the rooms are trashed. We had a gift card so we decided to stay there. My wife paid an extra 102- for a bottle of champagne, dinner, breakfast and massage (massage for one? go figure...rock paper scissors shoot to see who gets it). We cancelled the massage and never ate supper or bfast since we were the only ones there. Didn't want to get sick! We did not get a refund for any of this and were told that it was a package. Needless to say for $344- we can find a much better place, maybe one with an indoor pool.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank choureis
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you felt that our establishment has changed so much that it was not ‘the blast from your past’ which you had hoped to experience.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#14 of 22 in Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod? Share your experiences!