“What a great little motel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SeaCoast Inn

SeaCoast Inn
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Aurora, Indiana
“What a great little motel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

Motel is in a quiet location but close to town, ferries, and great restaurants. Very clean and well kept. Owners are so friendly, helpful and thoughtful. Owner Terri was great with making arrangements for Whale Watching Tour. Breakfast was quite good and wireless internet worked great! Wish that we could have stayed longer.

• Liked — Quiet room with good wireless access and the friendly/helpful owners
  • Disliked — Have no complaints whatsoever!!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank choicegirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Reading
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

I have rarely encountered such quality service and helpfulness as from the owners of this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble , frequently offering and initiating ideas and service.
This is indeed their added value and differential advantage. Brilliant.
The hotel in an unpretentious, comfortable base from which to explore this lovely Cape.

• Liked — Fanatastic owner service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank UKFOXY45
County Down
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2008

The Seacoast Inn is just an excellent base when you're on the cape. The rooms are absolutely spotless and have everything you could possibly need. The kitchenette was great for snacks if you didn't fancy going to a restaurant. Although, saying that, the main street is just around the corner and the harbour is just a minute away on foot.
Terri and Al make the best hosts. We just had to mention something that we would like to do and they were on the phone to arrange tickets (some with a discount!) and gave us GPS co-ordinates. We visited a few of the local beaches which were beautiful. We were supplied with beach towels and chairs for the duration which was a lovely touch. On a few evenings the park next door had cinema nights and concerts on which were a lovely novelty.
Breakfast was more than ample. Great coffee and plenty of cereal, bagels, donuts etc. Al always kept a close eye on supplies so there was always more than enough to go around.
I'm a little confused about previous comments on the parking though. We found it more than sufficient for the size of the building although I imagine some of the big american SUVs and other cars may find it a little tight. We're Irish so the spaces looked about right to us!
We'll definately be going back but we just hope with all of these good reviews that we can still get a room! Thank you Terri and Al for making this the most memorable and special part of our holiday.

• Liked — Teri and Al
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank irishnomad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2008

We selected the Sea Coast Inn based on the reviews here, and they were spot on. The inn itself is basic, the rooms are spotless (I only wish my own home were this clean!), and the service was amazing. A heart-shaped towel arrangement and small gift awaited us in our upgraded-at-no-additional-cost room in honor of our anniversary. We mentioned we wanted to go whalewatching - - and BAM! Four minutes later we had a reservation, tickets, three maps with points of interest en route highlighted and annotated, AND the owner's GPS, pre-programmed with each destination. The Four Seasons, jump back!

• Liked — Service, service, service!
  • Disliked — Leaving.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cwahoff
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2008

The SeaCoast Inn is great place to stay in Hyannis. The location is fantastic, a short walk to the harbour for boat trips to Nantucket etc and two minutes to the main street for restaurants and shops.

The rooms are fairly basically furnished but have everything you need - comfortable bed, armchairs, foot stools, and even a kitchenette. The rooms are spotlessly clean.

The breakfast (included in the price) has a good amount of choice and was always fresh (including donuts!).

Terri and Al are the most helpful and friendly hotel hosts for whom nothing is too much trouble and they have great knowledge of the local area. They were always ready and willing to provide directions and suggestions for places to visit.

A great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Futebol
Walnut Creek, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2008

I travel quite a bit for business and stay in a lot of fancy hotels. I’ve gotten really picky about where I stay. I was a little nervous about staying at the SeaCoast because it’s just not the type of place I usually stay. However, TripAdvisor has rarely ever steered me wrong.

I know it’s been said here many times, but everything that people say about the SeaCoast, particularly the innkeepers Teri and Al is true!. The place is not fancy, but it is cheerful and if you are looking for a base to see the Cape, will meet all of your needs. The location is great! Right in the center of town, close to restaurants and a 5 minute walk to the ferries. I would recommend staying here for a couple of days, and spending a day on each of the Islands and renting a car for 2 days and exploring the Cape, especially Provincetown and Chatham.

The real draw to the SeaCoast is the warmth and hospitality of Teri and Al. I felt like I was staying with friends (with all of the advantages and none of the disadvantages. Teri was so helpful, providing numerous restaurant and sightseeing suggestions, and driving me to and from my car rental. I just can’t say enough how they really made my stay in Hyannis a great one!

Another thing I really liked about the SeaCoast is that breakfast was provided and they had free wi-fi and a computer in the lobby as well. I hate the way the fancy places that I normally stay in will nickel and dime you for everything! They certainly can learn a lesson from the SeaCoast!

A lot of people on the Cape Cod boards have trashed Hyannis. While it’s true that some of it is a big ugly mess, the area where the SeaCoast is located is a true New England town that has a charming main street. If you are looking for a base, it is a great location.

I thought that the food was very mediocre on the Cape – too much fried food and butter overall. Note that there is a good inexpensive Thai restaurant one block from the SeaCoast, and a great pizza place about two blocks in the other direction from the SeaCoast. Teri can provide you with their names. Also, there is a great candy store on Main Street close to the hotel, called Kandy Corner. I highly recommend it!

• Liked — Friendliness of the innkeepers
  • Disliked — No feather pillows on bed
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Aurora100
sacramento, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2008

My mother (age 82) and I stayed here last month for 4 nights. What a great property and the owners made the stay so special! Our room was clean, quiet and the service from the owners made our stay wonderful! They serve an expanded continental breakfast in a sunny lounge area which was very convenient. They would remember all the guests and helped plan their activities including making reservations and providing shuttle service to the nearby ferry. So, it is easy to take a day trip to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket and be back home in your cozy bed! I would definitely recommend this modest but comfortable apartment style motel to anyone looking for value, service and a great location!

• Liked — spaciousness, location, service from owners
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank jeannielovesmaui
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn

Been to SeaCoast Inn? Share your experiences!