“A reason to come back”
Review of SeaCoast Inn

SeaCoast Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 3 November 2009

As our last stop on a 2 weeks round trip we were not sure where to stay. So we choose a location near to Boston as well as near to Cape Cod or Marthas Vineyard/Nantucket. And that choice was the right one: the hospitality of Terri and Al is remarkable: a very warm welcome, no things with papers, a nice cup of tea :) , a quadroom with kitchenette, a very clean and tidy bathroom... what else?
A computer to check the mails for those "yesterday ones" who don't carry any Laptop or iPhone, a lot of very helpful hints and tricks to come around to Boston without car (very useful for one day Visitors!), Helps with this and helps with that... Just great. Hints for help with the very first Lobster at Spankys and more.
Last but not least the maps and way Terry painted and explained showed us the way to next "Choccolate Bar". That stunning one may be described in a separate Chapter! Just ask for that!

To cut it short: worth to come back. Maybe just for itself.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank mene9999

Reviewed 2 November 2009

We stayed for three nights based on the reviews I read and had a great time. Terri and Al were so helpful and great to chat with. Their suggestions of places to see and eat were all enjoyable. We would definitely stay there again and recomend to others. It was walking distance to the ferries and main street. I

1  Thank HFTSM
Reviewed 1 November 2009

My husband and I stayed here in September. We were looking for a good base to stay when discovering Cape Cod, and was recommended SeaCoast Inn by a friend. As others have said, this is more like a B&B than a motel. Terri and Al are truly the greatest hosts and you can totally rely on their advice and recommendations. We stayed here for four nights, before heading up to Provincetown, and couldn't have felt more taken care of.

We were travelling with our 14-months old son and had a room on the second floor. The room had two beds and a kitchenette area which was great for us preparing food for our little one. The rooms are basic but comfortable, and very well taken care of. There is no view, but that is stated on the website and in the confirmation e-mail so we didn't mind that. The surroundings at Cape Cod are so beautiful which is more than enough.

Breakfast was great, a sunny room with continental breakfast like cereals, toasts, bagels, pastries and tea/coffee.

The best thing about staying at SeaCoast Inn is Terri and Al's knowledge of the Cape. They can recommend whatever you're interested in. We wanted to go sightseeing a few days to see the best and beautiful parts of Cape Cod. Terri gave us a paper with addresses to the towns and sights and let us use their GPS to find the gems. Absolutely fantastic! When we couldn't decide whether we wanted to go to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard, Terri lent us picture books to help make up our minds. We chose MV, will do Nantucket next time!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeannypo
Reviewed 31 October 2009

This motel was the first place we stayed at on our trip to Cape Cod and was by far the best too. The owners were wonderful - helpful and very friendly, even giving us a box of saltwater taffy when we left and a route with places to put into our GPS for the rest of our trip. This worked perfectly for us and we saw many places we wouldn't have seen without it. Our room was clean, had a great view of the park and was really spacious and well furnished. Breakfast was better than the average continental breakfast usually served in motels. It's also really well situated to walk to the harbour, the JFK memorial, museum shops and restaurants. We'd definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 24 October 2009

My wife and I just finished spending a week at the SeaCoast Inn. We had never been to Cape Cod before. I was originally going to rent a house in Chatham but decided to first check Trip Advisor to see if the owner or house had a positive rating. While in Trip Advisor, I started poking around and came across the reviews for SeaCoast Inn.

Over and over the reviews spoke about how the owners made you feel at home and helped you with your daily activity plans. My wife had been going thru travel books weeks before our trip but having never been to that area before, we were still concerned about seeing what really should be seen and in a somewhat efficient manner around the Cape. This is where these wonderful owners came in to play.

When you tell them that on a specific day you are thinking about going in a certain direction of sightseeing, they give you a print out of addresses to use with a GPS. These addresses take you in an efficient route to the best places to see from a local perspective. We saw some wonderful views, beaches and homes that we would never had seen but for this help. Each day was the same but in a different direction or adventure.

But the service did not stop there. No need to wait in line for tickets. You get discounted tickets right at the front desk, for the whale tours, the ferries to the islands, etc. Better yet, you do not tie up your cash on hand for such purchases as they just charge it to the room and you take care of everything at check out.

But again, the service did not stop there. We decided at 8:30 one night that we might try to go on a whale tour the next morning in Providencetown. Using my laptop and free in room internet, I checked for available reservation times but was concerned they were going fast. I was going to use the available lobby computer to buy and print out advance tickets, when Terri said don't worry about that. She indicated that she knew the folks and would take care of it for me. When I went to breakfast the next morning at 7:30am, I learned that Terri had already called the whale tour company for us, made our reservations and had the tickets charged to the hotel. It was like staying with a local family member.

If you ever feel lost or alone when you travel, stay here, these guys take care of you. They gave recommendations dining for whatever price range or style you wanted to do on a particular night. They once drove me to the ferry as I was recovering from a surgery. Terri just left the front desk and said come on, lol. I saw them help others with their laundry, etc. What more do you need?

The rooms were very nice and clean as well have had daily maid service. We were upgraded to an efficiency (half fridge and stove with two burners, microwave and kitchen sink) which came in handy for my light night snacks, pop, milk etc. Some nights we just wanted to relax and made soup with sandwiches. One night I made scrambled eggs. The efficiency worked out great for all of this. Our room came with two plates, two glasses, two sets of silverware, a pot and a pan, dish washing liquid, and even a scrubbing pad. In addition, it comes with a round kitchen table with two stools. We had a TV hung on the wall, two chairs with footstools and a king size bed.

Free breakfast is provided and consist of milk, orange juice (probably coffee but I did not check), several types of cereals, bagels, donuts and rolls, as well as breads for toasting. There was probably more but I always focused upon the milk and crème filled donuts, lol.

There is free parking for your car and the parking lot is spacious and very well light at night. Speaking of security, the cleaning staff was professional and honest. I had camera gear and computer equipment with me, and nothing was very bothered or touched when I left some of it in my room for day trips.

Other conveniences, dining was close by as well as some attractions. The JFK Museum is only a few blocks away. So are the outdoor JFK Memorial and a war memorial. The marina is also so close. One night I walked back from the marina and with my recently operated on knee, it still only took a few minutes.

The owners are wonderful and the prices are great. The price of my room, internet, high speed ferry tickets, whale tickets, etc, was still cheaper than what I was originally going to have to pay to rent a house in the off season. As you can tell, I cannot say enough about these wonderful folks. The owners were one of the highlights of our trip.

While at the Cape, make sure you visit Providencetown and go on a whale watching tour with the Dolphin Fleet. I have great whale pictures. We had six whales at a time next to the boat. Another nice place to see is Chatham which is an absolutely beautiful town to see, all the houses well groomed and preserved. Another nice photo opportunity can be found with a beautiful view from the cliffs at the base of the lighthouse in Knobhole facing the direction of Martha’s Vineyard. The two islands Martha’s and Nantucket were a bit overhyped and not worth a day trip in my opinion. If your time limits you to either going to those islands or going to see the whales, take the whales.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bugler
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Very refreshing to find a place in the US where good service is not dictated by tipping hopes. We had a genuinally warm welcome from owners after a terrible journey (nor'easter storm). Very confortable rooms if simple, very adequate breakfast. And enough good information on what to see and where to eat to substitue for the tourist bureau. This is what hoteliers should be like. Probably a place appreciated by europeans. Really diserves it's number & slot in Hyannis and vicinity I should say.

1  Thank deanwood
Reviewed 22 October 2009

The outstanding hospitality of the owners made this hotel a real stand out in our trip through New England. They gave us a list of suggest places to visit on the cape, all with an address we could put into our GPS which was perfect and meant we didn't miss any hidden gem.

The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The location of the hotel is great, just off the main street and up from the harbour.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to SeaCoast Inn? Share your experiences!