“Taste of Japan in Ipswich”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ipswich
KAEDE Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2012

A lovely B&B located right in the center of Ipswich. The Museum and restaurants are a short walk away. The hosts are delightful and helpful. The rooms tastefully decorated and clean. Te breakfasts, both Japanese and American were delicious.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We booked this place only one day in advance looking for a place to stay on our way to Maine. It was reasonably priced and much more enticing than staying at a budget hotel. The Japanese influence can be seen in the décor and smelled throughout the home, probably due to the cooking. It is a very large home, the owners were extremely friendly and we were able to sit and talk with Jason during breakfast. It was a very relaxed and casual environment. His wife cooked us up some breakfast, which we picked off of the whiteboard menu. Coffee and fruit were served and my friend absolutely loved her omelet.

At first I liked the extremely hard bed when I first lay down but it was not so kind throughout the night for either of us. Although everything was clean the house is definitely felt its age, and the bathrooms and towels looked quite tired. There was plenty of parking behind the house and the little main street in the town was right down the street.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This is a place with history and the owner knows it! It was a well-kept property, nice grounds, and beautiful interiors. It was clean and comfortable. I will come again. The breakfast was great! It was close to downtown. The owners were very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MollyBMolly
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I were looking to spend 2 days at Crane Beach and just wanted a place to rest our heads for the night. We had stayed at Kaede before and knew it would fit the bill. There is nothing fancy at the inn, but the innkeepers are very welcoming and we felt very comfortable. The room was pleasant and the bed very comfy. The breakfast in the morning is hearty and good, and you can even request an authentic Japanese breakfast. (The innkeeper's wife is Japanese.) If you are looking for a quiet, hospitable B&B in a quiet area, this is the place. We plan to return the next time we need a place to stay when we go to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MomtheOrganizer
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The owners are friendly, welcoming and attentive. The rooms are clean and quaint. Good parking, very safe, close to shops and beach. And the food is absolutely delicious! I highly recommend this inn, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Areli F
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The Kaede was my first stay at a B&B. Mixing Japanese decor with a New England area was unique. Lovely photos, furniture and artwork throughout the home. Due to bookings, I actually stayed in 2 rooms: the Willow and Chestnut. Both very clean, comfortable beds, private, quiet. Jason & Makiko were great hosts, friendly and helpful. Be sure to indulge at their wonderful breakfasts. The stuffed French Toast with apple jam was marvelous! As a solo traveler, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kaede.

Room Tip: Both my rooms were at the back of the house where there is a separate entrance -- easy access to par...