“Clean, comfortable and friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ipswich
Ipswich Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Ashland, Massachusetts
“Clean, comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at the Ipswich Inn the night before a big race. The location was perfect as it was only about a 5 minute drive to the start of the race. My husband and I stayed in the Carriage House room which was so nice. Very clean; smelled brand new like it was just built. The innkeeper, Ray, was really funny, friendly and so nice to get up at 4:30am the next morning to have breakfast ready for me and my husband and then later on my husband went back while I was still running and had a real breakfast (the 4:30am breakfast was intentionally very light due to what I needed for the race). Ray asked if he could sit with us while we ate and chatted for a bit. He was great about understanding that we had to be in and out of breakfast quickly so we could get to the race. I will definitely be back. Thank you Ray!

Room Tip: The Carriage House room was nice as it was detached from the Inn and easy to bring luggage in &...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank onspithia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I cannot say enough good things about my stay. I decided to stay in the Ipswich area the night before the Stone Cat Trail Marathon since it had a 6:15am start. I chose the Inn based on the reviews here at Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint. As I was traveling alone, I chose to stay in the Skylight Room. I believe the bed was a double and not a queen, but it suited my needs just fine. The room was extremely clean, and though a few times throughout the night I heard some guests shutting doors, it was overall very quiet.

The real gem of the Inn is its Innkeeper. Ray was such an accommodating host. There were two of us staying at the Inn to run the early-morning trail race, and Ray got up at 4am to ensure we had coffee and something to eat (bagels and muffins) before we had to head out at 5am.

I will definitely stay at the Inn again when I run the race next year!

Room Tip: Skylight Room is great for a single traveler
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jensparks05
Orford, QC
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Frankly, I do not how this place gets high review, other then the charming owner and great breakfast. We did three rooms while we were there. Room 1, Wicker room Great Bed, but other then that I felt like I was in a cheap Motel, everything above your head is dusty, and the shower was not clean. Room 2, The Carriage House, Great bed. This room was renovated and we liked it, minor touch up to complete the painty and get the door to work. Room 3, the Condo. Needs a lot of renovation. You will find a printer cable in the shower room (on the last tablet), there is no computer there much less a printer. If you move the sofa you will find lots of thing. To conclude, the beds are clean all the obvious is clean, but do not look to far you'll be surprise. Great breakfast place, no romance, not really a B&B its an Inn.

Room Tip: The only room that was acceptable was the Carriage house, if you get it for cheap.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hussard
Quebec
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Delightful moment at this Inn in Ipswich located a very short distance away from beautiful Crane Beach. The rhum and orange zest waffles on the breakfast are a must try. Many thanks to Ray for his friendly hospitality.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Mayfield, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Our international motorcycle club the "circuit riders" stayed at the Ipswich Inn for our 30th year rally. The Inn is located in a quite area accented with lush gardens, lawn furniture, and deck for your enjoyment. Ray was extremely accommodating, and all of the staff gave our group great service. Our accommodations were clean and comfortable. We had menu choices for breakfast each morning and the blueberry pecan pancakes were yummy! Ray arranged two dinners for our group, one Bar-B-Que, and a celebration Surf and Turf. The Inn is in a great location for sightseeing the coastal seaside towns, great beaches, shopping, and accessible to Boston via rail.

Room Tip: Some rooms have refrigerator, microwave, and sink. All are air conditioned.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Maryland Eastern Shore
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Ray Morley is one of the most generous hosts we've ever met. When you stay with him, you are treated like family. Not only was the service outstanding, each day Ray would chat with us about our plans for the day and give advice about local places of interest and sightseeing. He has lived in Ipswich for 45 years and knows the community inside and out. Every single breakfast we ate was amazing! We will stay with Ray at his fantastic Inn every time we visit the area.

• Stayed July 2011
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2010

My elderly Mother and I, in need of R&R, sun, sand, and quiet set off for a beach getaway at the end of August. We decided to try two establishments in the Ipswich area, and this was far and away the better of our choices, as my Mother stated, "no comparison!"
We hit a heat wave (temps in the high 90's daily), but our room was cool, super comfortable, and a short walk to the town's amenities. Crane Beach is about a 10-15 min. drive, so we stayed for the day once we were there.
At suppertime, we came back to enjoy some great takeout from a nearby fish market (the B&B serves the heartiest of breakfasts we could go all day on), with a cold drink on the lovely patio, courtesy of our host.
Welcoming, restful, peaceful, very comfortable, everything - and more - that a B&B should be!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank travellernottourist9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Blue - Inn on the Beach
#3 of 6 in Rockport
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Ipswich Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!