“Great bed and breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ipswich
Ipswich Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

This bed and breakfast was a great two night stay. We were in town for a wedding and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and cozy; the staff was very helpful and easy to work with. The breakfast each morning is wonderful and included in your cost. The surrounding area is very charming and centrally located to restaurants, shops, etc. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank stroudmss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pompano Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Ipswich Inn for 4 nights in September. My room was large & clean, my bed was comfortable and the one night I ran the AC it worked fine. It was also a quiet room even though it was facing the street. The breakfast menu was huge! I ate sitting on the deck and saw wild turkeys one morning and had a visit from the resident cat Oliver. Very relaxing. A very nice lady was picking organic cherry tomatoes in the yard one morning and gave me some to eat. They were such a treat! I loved all of the rooms and the staff were all very accommodating. While in Ipswich we visited the Whipple House and Ipswich Museum, went to Crane Estate and took a walk on the beach, went to Downriver Ice Cream and had the best ice cream cone and went to Wolf Hollow & learned alot about wolves. It was in a great location and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 4Jays
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

My stay at the Ipswich Bed and Breakfast was a wonderful experience. The staff of the inn were so attentive and helpful...going above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and happy and that I got to see the best of Ipswich. The breakfasts were really delicious...real breakfasts that served eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, etc...not just fruit and yogurt like some B&Bs. I highly recommend the Ipswich Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank J S
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

I'm writing this review while sat on the Ipswich Inn's veranda, humming birds and butterflies flickering by, eating one of America's best breakfasts (seriously, they're that good). It's that kind of place - beautiful surroundings, genuine interior features, great people. The Inn itself is in impressive colonial style. Our bedroom (East room) had solid, perfectly aged floorboards, classy dark wood furniture, and was beautifully kept. The owner, Ray, is a real local character, full of beans and advice. His wife, Margaret, was accommodating and welcoming - even when we arrived late at night. I cannot recommend this Inn highly enough.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank rammymark
Chesapeake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

A great experience. The Ipswich B&B is close enough to Boston that day trips are very accessible. We had trips for Red Sox, Boston Marathon and sightseeing. The B&B met our every need --- and what breakfasts! Ray and Margaret are fun and accommodating. Great place! Steve from Maryland

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stevens48
Provincetown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Ray & Margaret Morley of the Ipswich inn are outstanding hosts. We stayed at their B&B over Christmas with my 94 year old mother. When Ray noticed that we were having trouble fitting everyone plus gifts in our car to drive to my nearby relatives, he promptly transported our overflow in his own car. On top of that he gave us a bag of fresh clams! Now that is someone who is more than an innkeeper as we were treated like good friends. Although the rooms could use some sprucing up, the amazing breakfast and outstanding hospitality more than made up for any shortcomings of the rooms. Because the inn has a restaurant that is open to the public with an extensive menu, I was puzzled as to why they did not charge separately for breakfast. i.e. they undercharge for what you get.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a dog it helps to be in one of the lower rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 102eg
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at the Ipswich Inn the night before a big race. The location was perfect as it was only about a 5 minute drive to the start of the race. My husband and I stayed in the Carriage House room which was so nice. Very clean; smelled brand new like it was just built. The innkeeper, Ray, was really funny, friendly and so nice to get up at 4:30am the next morning to have breakfast ready for me and my husband and then later on my husband went back while I was still running and had a real breakfast (the 4:30am breakfast was intentionally very light due to what I needed for the race). Ray asked if he could sit with us while we ate and chatted for a bit. He was great about understanding that we had to be in and out of breakfast quickly so we could get to the race. I will definitely be back. Thank you Ray!

Room Tip: The Carriage House room was nice as it was detached from the Inn and easy to bring luggage in &...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank onspithia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Blue - Inn on the Beach
#3 of 6 in Rockport
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Ipswich Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!