“Amazing B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ipswich
Ipswich Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this B&B a couple weeks ago, and it was fabulous. Ray & Margaret took such great care of us for the evening giving us food, drink and beach recommendations. This B&B is situated about a half mile from the center of town, so it's close to everything. Our favorite part was the breakfast the following morning. They have a nice relaxing patio out back where you can order a fresh dish (included with your stay).

We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nelson S
There are newer reviews for Ipswich Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had requested that the rooms be ready earlier than the 2pm check in and when we arrived at12pm we were able to go to our rooms. We felt right at home during out stay. Great neighborhood to walk and look at the historic houses. This is on my travel list for another visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Blanche Theriau... N
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I wanted a get away for our 34th anniversary. We wanted a comfortable room from which to come and go as we explored Cape Ann, and we like the idea of a breakfast on site.

The inn keepers were friendly and accommodating, but not over bearing. If we had needed more information, I'm sure, just from what I observed with other guests, that Becky and Ray would have been knowledgeable.

The room was clean, charming, and comfortable. I enjoyed a long soak in a deep, old fashioned tub, and we both slept well in the bed, longer than we do at home!

The delicious breakfast fortified us for the morning and well into the afternoon.

If you choose to stay here, take a walk around the town. Rarely does one get an opportunity to see so many homes from our colonial period.

Room Tip: The inn keepers are fastidious, so as long as you can climb stairs, there is no bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmptyNest08
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I just wanted to thank you all, and especially Becky, for all the help with not only the room reservations for guests at our daughter's wedding but for the great brunch you offered for a few of our friends this morning. My wife and I do come from time to for a weekend breakfast. We are never disappointed.

Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: Go onto the Inn's website. They only have 8 rooms, but you can get a good idea of each one from...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nick R
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the fine inn with my wife and was very happy. The accommodations are comfortable with well kept rooms and bathrooms. The inn shines, however, when it comes to the kind service of the innkeepers. Whatever our need, they made sure to make us feel at home. (Ray even drove us to our nearby wedding as we needed transportation.) The included breakfast was indeed excellent and deserved the praise garnered by the owners. Highly recommended for those interested in a fine B&B experience. 4 stars for rooms, 5 stars for location, service, and breakfast food.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SvelteGrazer
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Ipswich Bed and Breakfast was great for my husband and I. Ray.."like the sun"!...was indeed a welcoming host. He was very clear about wanting to do anything to make our stay a good one and he lived up to his promise!
Although the room, advertised as two rooms was not what might be the suite you would expect, it was just fine for us and quite charming. I was most impressed with the cleanliness and the more contemporary decorations. It didn't seem stuffy or old. And, the king sized bed was very comfortable.
The best was breakfast. Offerings were many and gourmet beyond the typical, average offerings. Coffee was great as well. Perhaps a coffee maker in the Veranda Suite would be a good addition for early risers like ourselves.
I can't imagine that anyone would not enjoy staying at this hospitable Inn. Mrs. Bieber

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharyn B
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I are newlyweds. We had an...ordeal at another establishment during our honeymoon and found this gorgeous B&B by chance. Ray and Margaret welcomed us with open arms. We were greeted with a glass of wine (much needed after our ordeal elsewhere!) and got to talk to Ray anour the area. The location was perfect for us as we wanted the history and a smaller atmosphere. The home is quite old in age, but the upkeep is so apparent. We stayed in the Veranda Suite and unlike the previous reviewer, we found it to be stunning. The second room is a separated area like an open concept apartment. All together, it is complete with a wet bar, television, comfortable king bed, ample closet space, large bathroom with a tub and shower.... Breakfast was some of the best I've had and the selection is well rounded there. People throughout the town know of Ray and his inn and breakfast; people only had good things to say of him.
Honestly, I cannot rave enough about this establishment. If you have a chance to stay here, you'd not only be welcomed, you'll be happy!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jeannessa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Blue - Inn on the Beach
#1 of 7 in Gloucester
Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newburyport

Been to Ipswich Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!