“my kids love it”
Review of Pump n' Jump

Pump n' Jump
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Kingston
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have gone to the Taunton Location many times. I have 2 children, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I would advise that since the staff is not there to watch your children, that parents that choose to go there are prepared to monitor their children closely. My kids have a great time. At first my 2 year old would go to the larger bouncy houses, and would get stuck because he was not coordinated enough at that time, but other kids were very nice and many times they would help him. That really impressed me. We spend hours there, and if you keep the receipt you can go to the jumping area in the mall you can get a discount. It is a lot of fun, and i love that there is a lot of space to run, and it is padded. This way children not only bounce around, but they can really get their energy out by running and playing on a safe padded area.
One word of caution, as the door is very large and children can easily make a run for it, parents need to be diligent. If your kid is a runner you need to be close to them and keep them in your sights. It is not really a place for people who like to sit and watch the kids play. It is great though for the parents who do not mind getting out there and playing with their kids. I have noticed it is great for dads and their kids. Parents can run around and play with the kids (dont go in the bouncy houses though). My family really enjoys it.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Awful service, overpriced, staff is not attentive and does not keep party organized whatsoever
I had a party at the one in Taunton ma and was very unhappy. Even the guests parents commented on how they were overpriced and staff was non caring. Manager there was also rude and had an attitude. People like this should not be working in a place for children.

1  Thank Jandrade65
Reviewed 26 February 2013

After reading a couple of reviews online I felt compelled to write a review about this place. As I feel like the previous reviews were being completely unfair and must be affiliated with other play places. My kids love Pump N Jump and the staff is never rude. The front desk is right by the front doors so I really don't know what the last reviewee was talking about. When I checked my children in the staff clearly explained what the rules of play were and I knew exactly what was expected.

I did ask why it was that they could not close off one of the entrances and it was explained that because of building codes and because of the square footage, they could not legally close the doors off. This makes since if there was a major problem inside the facility as they would need to exit the facility promptly.

Bottom line I thought the place was great. My kids spent a couple of hours climbing, playing, sliding and had a great time. The place was clean which suprised me, especially because it was durig February vacation. My kids love it, and I will be back for many more times to come.

3  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I visited your Taunton location for the first time yesterday and I can tell you, without question, that I will not be going back. The primary reason: safety. There are several ways in which this location is not safe for children:

1. The entrance to the mall is large and unmonitored. There is no security to prevent a little one from wandering out and, more importantly, no way to prevent anyone from entering the facility and removing a child. You do not have a system which attaches an adult to a child upon admission (see: Davis Farmland, Imagination Island). Yes, it is a parent's responsibility to keep watch over their children but in an area that is so large and open (see #2) it is very easy for a parent to lose sight of a child. Unlike a playground, you are charging for admission and should provide an extra level of security.

2. The area is way too large. The inflatables and games are too spread out and there is far too much open space. It was impossible for me to monitor all three of my children because, with multiple ways in and out of the play area, they easily moved from one space to another. If you come with more than one child, you should be prepared for them to be out of sight quickly.

3. The play areas are not monitored. There was no staff in the inflatables area to ensure that safety rules were being adhered to or that the people in the area had paid for admission. It puts parents in the uncomfortable situation of monitoring other peoples children or, potentially leaving the play area to go get a staff member if the situation warrants.

4. The location of the bathrooms is completely inappropriate for children. They are located near the entrance but behind a wall - completely obscured from the front desk. Another parent I was with described it as creepy and I completely agree.

5. We were attending a birthday party and was completely disappointed by the attention of the staff, who gave the parent no indication of the schedule of the party and appeared only once to serve pizza. The room was not ready upon arrival and the staff did nothing to help the parent.

Your facility is an accident waiting to happen and will ultimately attract predators. I have told my children that we will not be returning and not even to ask if we can go. I have told them that I will bring them lots of places for fun but never, ever, will we go some place that is not safe.

3  Thank Sawsac
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This place is a total joke. The floors are so slippery and half the children that came with my party got hurt. There is no supervision, if you need help there is no one willing to help out. They think just because you sign the waver, they don't have to monitor what is going on. Kids were fighting and hitting each other. I'm not saying that parents shouldn't be more aware of what is going on, but when you bring 6 kids and 4 very attentive adults and 3 of those children leave with injuries, there is obviously a disconnect somewhere. Staff has an "I don't care" attitude and in my opinion should not be working with children. Overall my visit was terrible, and that's being generous.
Also the bathrooms are only what I can describe as "under construction". For a relatively new place, they smell and are extremely dirty, not to mention the concrete floor and unfinished walls you have to walk through to get there.
Honestly, don't waste your money. What originally seemed like a good idea for my children to go and burn off some energy turned out to be a disaster. Please save yourself some money and find a better place to take your kids. You'll thank me and many other unsatisfied parents.

3  Thank Sleb102316