“Amazing Inn!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lanesboro Country Inn
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Amazing Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My son and I stayed here for an overnight to go skiing at Jiminy Peak. We had gone to the hotel at the mountain, and the Travelogde (now the Quality Inn) and this one was the best. You could not have a better experience. Price was very good. We stayed in a King Suite Cabin (#10) and it was amazing. The only thing that I could not get over was a stain in the carpet, but I am OCD so it bothers me a lot, bu not to other people. The Bathroom with a nice whirlpool tub was nice. Coffee, tea, and soaps were provide. The staff was amazing an we came in late and we called and they told us our room number and put the key in the door so we could get in. Wifi was nice and free! I would stay here over a 5 star NYC hotel any day.

Room Tip: Do not go for a regular motel room, Go for a nice cabin, Worth the $30. If you have more than 2 peo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HotelPerson2013
Jenna G, Manager at Lanesboro Country Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
It makes me smile to hear that you and your son had such a wonderful time during your stay with us. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to share your feedback. I'll make sure that the stain on the carpet gets some extra attention -- I appreciate you mentioning that. We hope to see you both again the next time you make it up from Litchfield!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was my (i think) 3rd time staying at this place. The first two times I stayed in the regular 'motel' style rooms. This time around I stayed in one of the cabins with 2 queen beds, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I was given a cabin at the very rear of the property, set far back behind the office and the main road, so it was nice and quiet. The cabin was very clean and well maintained inside. It had a very high ceiling, with a ceiling fan, as well as a small A/C unit in a window that was up near the ceiling. There were 2 comfy looking chairs in the room as well. In the rear of the room was a small kitchenette - new looking countertop, 2 stools, small microwave, coffee maker etc. Bathroom was decently sized and clean as well, with a deep bathtub with jacuzzi jets in it. I think there were 3 or 4 windows in the cabin along with the one up near the ceiling with the A/C, so with the curtains open, it nice and bright. Room came with DirecTV as well.
Beds were both pretty comfortable, the pillows and comforters on each were very comfy. My 2 1/2 year old son took one bed and I took the other. We both slept well.
Check in was easy, just filled out some paperwork and gave my CC. Check out was easy, just dropped the cabin key into a locked box outside of the office the next morning and was on my way.
The price was actually pretty expensive for the area, but considering it was a big weekend at Tanglewood, I assume that is why the price was that way. ($186 with taxes for the night) I think it's normally not that expensive. (hence the 'poor' value rating below)
I would definitely stay in one of the cabins again, especially if travelling with children - there is a lot more room in those then in the motel style rooms, and the windows and high ceiling really make a difference.
If you stay here and need breakfast, check out Bob's Country Kitchen down the road, just make a right out of the drive way, and it's maybe 2 miles down the road on the left. Very inexpensive, friendly service, good home cooking.

Room Tip: Cabins are worth the extra money because they are roomier, sunnier, quieter etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank juice06870
Jenna G, Manager at Lanesboro Country Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
I'm glad to hear that all of your stays have been so pleasant and really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtfully written review filled with great tips for other guests. It sounds like you know what you're doing because we agree -- Bob's Country Kitchen is always solid choice for breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you escape into the Berkshires.

North Billerica, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had confirmed reservations so imagine our surprise when the office was closed and the property void of Guests and Staff when we arrived. I had made three calls to the number the Office indicated to call when we arrived; no answer, no one called me back. (BTW it reads "we are in a cabin cleaning"...not so).

After driving 3.5/hrs, our largest concern was our pet; not too many motels are pet-friendly; we were worried we'd be driving another 3.5/hrs home w/the dog. Out of desperation we called the Berkshires Visitor's Bureau (Debra) who thankfully was able to reach the Inn's Owner (Liam). He got in turn got in touch with the "Manager" Hailey. Hailey's first words to me were "What do you want?" she told me they weren't open for the Season yet. I showed her my confirmation and the "Read Receipt" from the Lanesboro Inn; she gave us a room. I'm grateful to the Owner and the Visitor's Bureau for their help. Not so impressed with the hair-ring in the tub or the food from a previous visitor in the freezer though. Also, beware; the key to our room also open four or five other cabins as well. The "Office's" back door was unlocked and ajar; someone (if they had an interest) could rob the entire property!

I was SO not impressed with Hailey's sweatpants/t-shirt appearance, and her attitude. The Check-in's back Office was filthy (most visitors luckily don't get to see that mess). I'm sure after reading other reviews the place is a hit or miss. I see it's potential, but after our stressful start I HIGHLY recommend you confirm your reservation before arriving. I tried to confirm ours the morning before we left, but no one answered the telephone when I called, or returned my call...so much for service. Oh...Hailey advised me she wouldn't be back until Monday but gave me a number to reach her. No thanks, if I need something I'd just have to walk into the Office and take whatever we needed.

It was apparent the Owner had invested substantial money in upgrading the Cabins, I feel he needs to invest more time being on-site and oversee the operation, and hire competent help who will be pleasant and do some honest work at his business. I think he would have been very disappointed to see the property as we did and be treated the way we were.

Very disappointing experience; could have been GREAT. I hate to leave this negative review but keeping it real.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MiaVal
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

We recently made a last minute plan to ski at Jiminey Peak over New Year's. We booked this place and brought our daughter and our small dog. We stayed in one of the cabins. It was like new - clean and warm with a nice little kitchenette (microwave, sink and fridge). Flat screen t.v. Perfect size for 2 or 3 people with a fold out couch. High ceilings make the space seem spacious. The staff were helpful and friendly even offering to dog sit if we came earlier than check in. We were near lots of great family restaurants and 15 minutes from Jiminey Peak. The price was very low - terrific value. Would prefer to have deadbolt inside the door - only thing I found lacking - otherwise we highly recommend this place to anyone looking for value lodging near skiing and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank SuzyKC
LCIdesk, Guest Attendant at Lanesboro Country Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We would love to see you and your family again!
Bedford, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

Got to the country inn to check in and was told it would be an extra 20.00 for my 10 year old which i was not told would happen. I paid the 20.00 so we could get to the room and change and get ready to do some fishing. Room was cold and upon return the heat was still not on and we were COLD. The desk agent said it was on but it was not. We ended up in our van with the heat on high and left as soon as we could. Not even a sorry or can i do something for you was offered. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fishman66051
Jenna G, Manager at Lanesboro Country Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I know that some time has passed since you left your review, but I still wanted to take a moment to address your concerns. I'm sorry about the issues with your room temperature during your stay -- that should have never happened. That said, we've made a lot of improvements since your visit back in 2010 and I'm sure if you came to stay with us again you'd feel like you were in a different place. We'd love a chance to show you what we're all about if you ever make it our way again.

All the best,
Jenna, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Lanesboro hotels

Argyle, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

My wife and I arrived to check in 2-3 hours before my 50th High School Reunion was to begin. We were told that a computer failure had resulted in our reservation being lost and that our room had been assigned to another party. After we confirmed our reservation, management apologized, arranged for us to stay at the best hotel in the area, and paid a significant amount of the cost. In addition, we were provided a coupon for a complementary night at the Lanesborough Country Inn to be used without any restriction. All this was in plenty of time to not be late for my reunion. Thank you, Lanesborough Country Inn!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomMcC
Jenna G, Manager at Lanesboro Country Inn, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I'm glad that we were able to take great care of you and your wife when you came to stay with us during your high school reunion -- 50 years is such a special celebration! I know that some time has passed since you left your review, but I still wanted to take a moment to thank you for spreading the word. We hope to see you both back again someday!

Amherst, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

We had been hiking all morning and were looking forward to a comedy show at the Colonial later that evening. We tried to check in to the room we had reserved eight weeks in advance only to be told that Lanesborough Country Inn had given our room away! We were not offered any help in securing other accommodations, we were not offerred any sort of compensation. We were not told why they could not honor their commitment to us! Our trip was ruined!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Acrimonious
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanesboro
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
#5 of 14 in Lenox
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
#5 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Lanesboro Country Inn? Share your experiences!