“An OK hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lawrence
Troy, New York
“An OK hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I only stayed one night here for business. I loved having a Dunkin' right outside the hotel but the driveway was a little confusing as it is the same one as Dunkin/Denny's. The business center was very helpful as I needed to print some documents that I had forgotten to bring with me. The room seemed clean but smelled musty. The air conditioner was loud. The furniture was dated and the legs on the desk in the room I stayed in (219) seemed like they were going to collapse from under it at any moment. Not the best Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at but for the price, it's not a bad hotel option if you're in the area. Last note, for all the gripes I listed about the physical condition of the hotel, the staff was very nice, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jessica P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Jessica P,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate your compliments regarding our staff being very nice, friendly, and helpful. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bathurst, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here to and from New York so only experienced this place for sleeping and having a breakfast. Have to say the beds are quite comfortable the first stay however on our way back, we were in a different room and the bed was not as comfortable as the first nights stay. The air conditioning unit needs upgrades. The food is good as it is a kick start to the day. I cannot comment on anything more as it was for sleeping purposes only and did not have a chance to really see the full facility of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear JanBean,

Krysllin G.
Hurleyville, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I would never stay here again. It was an awful experience. Dirty rooms, they booked us the wrong room, and gave me a hard time about it. The front desk people were very nice but the manager Molly was rude and not very understanding. Take your money and go to a Marriott!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your feed back . We work hard every day to please our guests. I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty. We hope you will continue to stay at IHG hotels.

Regards,

Hotel Management

Travellers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

demaileron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

What the title says. I'd like to say there's nothing special here, but there actually is! The staff. GM, front desk, night auditor, and housekeeping are all excellent.

Breakfast bar is clean and constantly re-stocked. That can't be said for all HIX properties. Ample parking. Keep in mind there is no pool or guest laundry (as advertised on the IHG site). This is, however, one of the more affordable properties in the Lawrence/Andover area. Easy business center, nice lobby sitting area, and they sent a few faxes for me (with no charge).

Stuff like that goes a long way.

Friendly's Restaurant and Dunkin Donuts are both in the parking lot.

No complaints. Solid five stars all around.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Krystal G

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express while on vacation. It is great to hear about your stay. I was very exchied and shared with the housekeeper that cleaned your room. Diane our breakfast attendant was thrilled to receive some feedback as well. Your compliments mean a lot to me but more to my staff that work hard everyday.

Hope to see you again when you are in the area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Room 210 & 208 , Checked in Oct 3, Checked out Oct, 7 /2013 we come to salem to vacation 2 times a year to visit family and to enjoy the history and fun of salem this hotel is only 15 min away its a nice drive ...
I will start by telling you that I am a housekeeping executive at a sister hotel within this chain in N.Y . For 10 + years With extremely high standards and expections of my staff . So I am going to start with the department I am most familiar and most near and dear . Our housekeeper was nearly perfect at this hotel .
Every day we came back from our daily outing for the day and our room was cleaned perfectly !!! I did not and could not find a single thing wrong . I'm just sorry that I did not ask her her name because she was extremely friendly and did a fantastic job . This hotel has been nicely updated but still a little bit of old hotel charm. It was kind if nice to see. Coming from working in a very modern hotel . Our check in & check out was flawless and everyone that we encountered at the desk was super friendly . The breakfast was FANTASTIC and a lot to choose from. A little bit of Somthing for everyone . The girl that was working the breakfast was pleasant and for sure busted her butt :) This hotel is well kept and extreamly clean . I personally love that you have updated the basics . Beds , tv's , amenities . I do know this is a costly endeavor and it was nicely done . You have a very nice staff and a beautiful hotel . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!! We will return
:) on another note the wifi there was not the best but we did not stay there for the internet . We stayed there for a family get away .

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Krystal G

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Andover. Our staff works hard to make each guests stay a memorable experience. It is great to hear the positive feedback about our staff. I will share with everyone. We are glad you were able to relax and enjoy while visiting the area. Hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Molly Mulholland
Rome, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is the hotel selected by Diamond Tours Bus Company. We didn't spend too much time here, as the object of the trip was to visit various places both in Boston and a number of towns around. It was okay--not outstanding. The complimentary breakfast was good, but they ran out of cocoa, I discovered last night. We really didn't need a refrigerator or microwave, but they were not provided, either. The only other Holiday Inn we stayed in was in Clark, NJ where we shared a room for two nights with my sister from Washington state. As I recall, it was a much larger room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear MartiAbell,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We strive to exemplify comfortable and relaxing environments with all the amenities you need and more, and I am sorry this was not provided for you. Our efforts to improve the hotel are ongoing and we appreciate your honest feedback. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Zelyn N
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

One of the worst hotel stays I've ever had; Went to a wedding with a friend and we made this our hotel of choice since it was just minutes away by car from the estate.

After checking in our two-bed room and dropping our stuff off, we immediately left the room to head over to the reception. We honestly were in the room for about two minutes, tops, just enough to freshen up and head out. Immediately I was hit by a smell. Not a small of dead hooker or anything, but instead a smell of cold tobacco. Gross. The air was really disgusting in the room. I turned on the fan, and off we went.

Hours later, after the reception, we headed back in and as I was changing, my right ankle hit a piece of wood that was protruding from the bed frame. A solid piece of wood, a few inches long, that clearly didn't belong there, was sticking out. I screwed in pain as I didn't expect it and apparently some peeps next door heard me because instants later security knocked on our door. Jen told them what happened and instead of apologizing for the piece of wood that was sticking out, they said "We know. Keep it down".

I can't believe that they'd leave a piece of wood sticking out like that. I got pretty badly hurt and had a nasty surface cut. Jen hurt herself on it as well later on. All they'd have to do is saw it off. It would take a minute and would save anyone from getting hurt.

Later on security called our room, at almost 2AM, to tell us that our TV was too loud. The volume was at about 1/6th of the way up, we could barely hear it. It was complete and utter [--] and in the process they woke up my friend since it was so late at night and again were unapologetic about it and even rude.

Fast forward the rest of the night and in the morning as we checked out, we complained about everything and a somewhat receptive front desk person comped our room. It was nice of her but to be honest, the hotel flat out sucked. Even their breakfast which came included in the room was terrible. The eggs were rubbery, the bacon was disgusting and their fruit juices were way too sugary.

No thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Jeramy

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay last year at the Holiday Inn Express. I am sorry you experienced some service and quality issues. I am pleased to tell you that we have made changes to the hotel including breakfast items, renovated the lobby area and improved our guest room inspections to provide the best room we can offer to your guests. I welcome you to comeback and see the difference that a year can make!

Regards,

Molly Mulholland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrence
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA

Been to Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence? Share your experiences!