Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
LakeHouse Inn(Lee)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$168
Hotels.com
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$144
All reviewsindian restaurantbreakfast roomlakeside roomlake viewon site restaurantfront desk staffpontoon boatsmall lakelovely lakecomplimentary breakfastlaurel lakehard boiled eggsno elevatorpleasant stayyogurtadirondack chairssecond floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was my second time staying at the Black Swan, the first being last spring. On this visit, the bedroom was large, modern, comfortable with a magnificent view of the lake. The staff helped us locate restaurants that were open late on Christmas Eve and also restaurants open for lunch on Christmas Day. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, the coffee was strong but not bitter. Kara, Rob and Paul were great hosts. I have already begun telling my friends and other family members to book at the Black Swan Inn for their next trip to the Berkshires.

Room Tip: Book a room with a lakeside view. It is quieter than the street side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Robert M, Assistant General Manager at Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Pam,

Thank you for taking the time to help spread the word about your excellent stay. Reviews such as these are very rewarding to read and are a huge morale booster for our staff. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to all your future trips, and the trips of those you recommend.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was up in the Berkshires to get away from the city and get some work done. Picked the Black Swan inn as I remembered that it had a beautiful view of the lake. The staff were so incredibly nice, I had almost forgotten what great service was all about till I checked-in at the Inn. Very helpful recommendations for local eats and they were able to answer tons of questions about the area. The room was awesome too. Well appointed, clean and comfortable. The cherry on top was the outdoor deck on the lake.

The next time I'm in the Berkshires I'll be staying at the Black Swan Inn again!

Room Tip: Obviously try and pick one that faces the lake!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Robert M, Assistant General Manager at Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear hvhoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you decided to make a return visit with us, and even more pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We pride ourselves on great customer service and happy to see that you took notice of that.

Thank you again for the staying with us and for the wonderful review. If you have any questions, concerns, or would just like to make a future reservation, do not hesitate to contact me directly at 413-243-2700, or by email at rmcnary@blackswaninnberkshires.com

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Black Swan Inn is in a beautiful location. While eating the complementary breakfest I had an amazing view the lake. The room itself was very clean and had great amenities. I would have given them an excellent review however, I had two suggestions that would have made my stay a little more comfrotable.
1. Please update the doors and locks. I was a little nervous that anyone could bust through the door becase it was so old school.
2. The staff was very friendly and helpful though they were not always at the front desk. Twice I went to the desk to find no one in sight so, I waited until check-out to ask my questions.
Overall it was nice time and I would stay again if I went to the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert M, Assistant General Manager at Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Angela H,

We would first like to thank you for staying with us here at the Black Swan Inn. Additionally, we thank you for going as far as to write a review for our property. Your compliments of the various aspects of your accommodations were very thoughtful, thank you. Sorry that the age of our door systems made you a little uneasy. As they are old doors, they are still solid steel doors with deadbolts and latches. I can assure you they are safe. I would also like to apologize for the presence of the front desk. We are currently in our very low demand season. During these times for our evening shift (3pm-11pm), we don’t have more than one person on shift at a time. I have spoken with my front desk agent to find out that on the evening of your stay, there happened to be multiple instances where she was pulled from the desk to help guests with various things. I can tell you that presence at the front desk has been one of our top priorities alongside of customer service since we took of this property this past April. As we move into spring and preparing for summer, we adjust the scheduling accordingly so that instances like this do not occur frequently.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me directly at rmcnary@blackswaninnberkshires.com or by phone 413-243-2700.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We spent an overnight in the Black Swan Inn and were extremely happy with the hotel. The hotel is being renovated and what has been done already is top notch. Brendan and Rob were extremely hospitable and helpful answering any questions that we had. Our room was absolutely spotless and had all the amenities that we needed as well as the one cup Keurig coffee maker that we were happy to see. Just like home!!! This will be definitely the place to stay when we visit the Berkshires.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert M, Assistant General Manager at Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Anita G,

Thank you for going out of your way to write us a review for our property. Our staff here works very hard to create enjoyable experiences for each of our guests, and it is nice to see that hard work reflect here on TripAdvisor. Thank you again for staying with us and writing such a nice review. We look forward towards a future visit.

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me directly at rmcnary@blackswaninnberkshires.com or by phone at 413-243-2700.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at the Black Swan Inn for a week during the Thanksgiving holiday and the following weekend. The front desk staff was friendly and quite helpful with information regarding recommendations for restaurants, directions to local hiking trails, shopping options, and travel routes. The hotel was in a very convenient location--easy access to quality restaurants and to tourist sites. Our room was clean and appeared to be recently renovated. There was a coffee maker (Keurig) and fridge in the room. The exercise room was small but had three pieces of high quality equipment, a TV, and an adjacent sauna. The continental breakfast featured yogurt, cereals, hard boiled eggs, various breads, apples, bananas, juice, and coffee. The lobby had coffee and hot chocolate available at all hours. The only downside was that the walls seemed a bit thin--I could hear parking lot activity from our room and bits of conversations from rooms when I walked in the hallway. However, since we were visiting off-season and visitors were spaced out in the hotel, it really wasn't too concerning on this trip. However, if available, I'd suggest a room on the lake side--it's probably quieter there. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Robert M, Assistant General Manager at Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear ja232013,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We are constantly trying to spread the word about the strides we are making for this property, and this is one of the best methods to do so. It pleases us to hear that our accommodations were to your liking and that our staff was able to assist you in all ways possible. We pride ourselves in offering only the highest levels of customer service, so it excites me to hear that you were able to take note of this. I would however like to apologize for the noise issues that you faced. We did our best throughout the renovations to soundproof the property. We were able to add extra padding to the walls and all of the floors in a attempt to minimize the sound from the rooms above you. In the end though, it is a 25 year old wooden building. Our staff is very aware of these issues and know that if a room is being too loud, it is their job to politely quite that room down.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at rmcnary@blackswaninnberkshires.com or by phone at 413-243-2700.