“what you'd expect for the price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Boston
“what you'd expect for the price”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

No surprises at this economy motel; nicely furnished clean rooms, a very comfortable bed, wireless internet, etc. The owner is a hands-on very nice guy.
Our friends' room was the same except for a plumbing issue. The second morning our friends had to let the manager know there was a leak from the upstairs shower; unfortunately my friends noted there was evidence of prior damage in the same spot so we're not convinced the problem was ever fixed from before.
Also I agree with a prior comment that the "breakfast" was not worth bothering with--weak coffee, weak "orange juice" with tiny Dixie cups to pour into and stale looking bagels. I think the owner would be better off not serving anything rather than cheaping out on this "amenity".
Overall though it's an average place if all you are looking for is a bed, which was exactly what we wanted.

Room Tip: Go for a second floor room or watch for water stains on the ceiling of a first floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Clean, basic room with internet, TV, microwave and small refrigerator in addition to standard furniture. THe owners were fabulous: I arrived on a snowy night with very slick roads, got my car stuck in the driveway, and one of the owners helped dig out my car, called his maintenance contractor who helped, and together they spent about an hour before finally liberating the car. Meanwhile, the owner offered to carry my bags from car to my room. They couldn't be nicer.
Prices for this area are a real bargain. If you want luxury or a full breakfast, pay much more money

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kck40
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The motel is set back from the turnpike about 2 miles. The room is small but clean and the bed was very comfortable. The wireless worked great. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Parking was easy. There is some road noise but being a city dweller, it did not bug me much. Everything was very comfortable.

They only had bagels and weak coffee for the "breakfast." But that is not what I was there for, my wife and I only wanted a place to sleep comfortably, clean up, use the wireless, park for free, and get on our way. In this respect, this motel is an outstanding value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PassOut76
Augusta, ME
Reviewed 23 August 2012

If I had had to pay full price for this motel I would have been quite dissatisfied, but the desk clerk took the coupon from the "coupon saver" book, so it was reasonably priced for the area and the time of year. I just wanted a place to sleep and it sufficed. They took the dog (for a fifteen dollar charge---a little high, I think), the bed was comforable enough, the place was clean, and there were NO BED BUGS!!! The wifi didn't work, and there was no remote for the tv, but they replaced it when I told them about it. I would stay again if I were passing through and was planning to hit the road again first thing in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I realized that we were booking a low-end property in a popular resort area at the height of the season. Thus the ridiculous cost for a really shabby room. Carpet was torn, tricky to enter bathroom without tripping on carpet shreds at the threshold. The room was 'cleanish' but didn't bear looking at too closely. The continental breakfast was a joke - a counter in the tiny little lobby holding a coffee pot containing what may have been the weakest coffee ever brewed, a jug of orange juice was on the desk and, on a little table, very hard bagels that would break a tooth were someone foolish enough to try to eat one (probably frozen, then nuked to get to that state of petrification). One morning was enough to convince my little group that we'd be eating elsewhere the next day. Congenial, even helpful, hosts but they really should spruce up this property.......it's well past its sell date. Wi Fi generally good and shower worked well, decent water pressure.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glencovetraveler

Travellers are raving about these Lee hotels

Nyack, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We waited too long to book a room for a Saturday night in July, so this was the only place available. This is no frills but clean and convenient. Because we were in season we paid as much as we would have for a much better room at another time, but that is what happens in a resort area in the middle of July. If all you need ot do in your room is sleep and shower, it would be fine, but don't expect to hang out here and relax.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emily F
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed on the first floor and could hear everything upstairs. The bathroom light was at half power so you I could barely see. Really small room. The phone was broken. The towels were the size of half a normal towel. We past so many cute places right in town where you could just walk around the town to everything. I really wished we'd not stayed here. Spend a little extra and stay away from this place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elle J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area
Sunset Inn
Sunset Inn
#5 of 9 in Lee

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!