“Second wonderful stay here.”
Review of Chambery Inn

Chambery Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Lee
New Jersey
“Second wonderful stay here.”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was our second time staying at Chambery Inn and we were just as delighted as the first time. The room was spacious and comfortable, with excellent wi-fi and TV service. We especially enjoyed the yummy breakfasts delivered to our room in a picnic basket. The Inn is well-situated for trips to Lenox, Stockbridge, Great Barrington, and Williamstown and we liked being able to walk into "downtown" Lee. We highly recommend Chambery Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We went here on a whim after some harsh weather cancelled our camping trip to the beach. The Inn was wonderfully appointed, easy to find, relaxing, comfortable and just amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to get away and enjoy the wonderful town of Lee. Outlet stores are 5 mins away. Lennox, Kripalu, Tanglewood are a very short 15 min away as well.

Room Tip: Any of them were amazing!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I had the most delightful stay at the Chambery Inn. In fact, out of my entire week-long vacation, Chambery was my favorite place of stay. I stayed at two other B&Bs, and two hotels, and Chambery was by far my favorite, for several reasons. I loved the look and feel of being in an old schoolhouse, and our room was absolutely beautiful and sunlit. The chalkboard added a great touch. And, while most B&Bs require you to sit at communal tables for breakfast and converse with strangers whether you want to or not, I LOVED that Chambery brought breakfast to our door, at the time of our choice, in a quaint picnic basket! I wish all B&Bs would do this. I also liked that the Sullivan Station Restaurant is right behind Chambery.

And best of all, it was affordable for someone like me on a budget. I felt like a princess, and would definitely return for another stay.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We spent two nights here because we were going to the Tanglewood festival which is about a 10 minute drive away. We booked a regular room, with a queen size bed. There were fancier suites available, but we were not looking for an elaborate, romantic getaway type of place. We wanted a good, comfortable, spacious room that was not in a chain hotel/motel, that we could use as a base. This was perfect.

The staff were extremely helpful and attentive. They gave us suggestions for restaurants, and other things to do in the area. They were also able to point us in the directly of practical things like laundromats, etc.

The best part, perhaps, was the wonderful fresh breakfast that was delivered to our door in a giant picnic basket every morning. We chose what we wanted the night before and it was delivered at a specified time in the morning. Fresh fruit, scones, etc.

Nothing in this part of Mass. is inexpensive, so I can't say it was an "excellent value." But for this area it was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clio66
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Very lovely, big, clean, and beautifully decorated rooms. Great staff and great location.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 June 2011

My family and I stayed at The Chambery inn during our trip to the Berkshires, and it was absolutely wonderful! The inn was beautiful, and we were treated like royalty - I think it was the nicest accommodations I ever experienced! We will always go back, and we are telling all our family and friends about it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Tiverton, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Very clean, very charming, good size rooms, Conveniently located. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hotel on North
Hotel on North
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Chambery Inn? Share your experiences!