“Great room and great breakfast”
Review of Chambery Inn

Chambery Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Chambery Inn for 3 nights and loved it. The room was wonderful and had a fireplace and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was great after hiking and walking all day. The receptionist Tonya was so wonderful, she helped by telling us was available to do in the
area(some of the attractions were closed), the restaurants in the area and one night made great cookies for the guests. We loved the breakfast in the basket in the morning, since we didn't have to rush to get dressed to have breakfast which made it very relaxing in the morning. The inn was spotless and well worth the price, especially in the Berkshires. I have stayed at several other
hotels in the area over the past 15 years and this is definitely the best. I can't wait to return and I am telling everyone about the place.

Room Tip: The location is great since you can walk through the town and enjoy lunch or dinner w/o getting in t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I were referred to the Chambery Inn by friends. We found the staff friendly and helpful. Everything in our suite worked! Such a treat to find everything in order. Breakfast was brought to our room in a large basket, and it was right on time. Only one small disappointment: our breakfast included one raw egg in shell instead of two hard-boiled eggs. We were given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, as it was my husband's birthday. Nice stay overall.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed for Valentine's Day 2012 and could not have been a better choice for what we were looking for. Easily six or seven restaurants and stores within a short walk. Right there for several culteral stores and museums. B&B is not typical of a grand lobby, but once you get past the small entryway, you get into the beautiful room. This was a pleasant surprise. If you want cozy, historic, romantic and charm, this place is perfect. Yes, it's an old building. We can accept that the floors squeek, that the doors can stick a little. But to us, that's part of the charm. Where else are you going to get 12 ft ceilings, a massive suite, gas fireplace (all you do is flip the switch!), a poster bed, coffee maker a fridge and our favorite id the breakfast basket delivered to our room. Sorry, still have not gotten used to dining with strangers so this was a major selling point.

Room Tip: Not sure but ours was 202, it's big and comfy
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G8ter
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I was very excited to go to this inn, but it actually ended up disappointing me. Upon arrival we walked in and were not sure at all where to go. Their was a woman on the phone speaking in a foreign language and looked at us and turned the corner. We were very confused as the sign read.."You may find help on the lower leve", yet the "check in" area was right where we were with a bell on the desk stating "Ring for service." But we didn't want to ring it since the woman was on the phone. A good five minutes later she checked us in stating we weren't supposed to arrive till 7:30. Yes, I originally stated this, but all week I had been corresponding from someone from the Inn and I said that we would arrive a lot earlier and the email read that anytime from 2-7 was fine. So basically it was just awkward that we were there earlier than they had expected. The room was unique and the idea of it is unique, but it does need some updating. The upholstery for the chairs, carpet and curtains are very very old. Our electric fireplace just lit under the pretend logs and did not show any flame, so we didn't get to enjoy that. The web site is not updated as it states there are VCR's in every room, ours had a DVD player. THis obviously was a good thing. I had asked for wine and chocolate to be in the room upon arrival. It was, but I paid for chocolates from http://www.chocolatesprings.com/ which they stated online and in my email, yet we got "Harry & David's" cookies and 4 small chocolates. I did not ask for cookies and I did not want chocolate from the local H&D outlet store. I'm not usually one to complain, but when you look at the chocolate springs website and see what amazing chocolate they make, that is what you expect. The web site is very vague when you book. When I booked it said they had "The schoolhouse suite available." THere are about 4 schoolhouse suites so I did not know which one I was getting. The bathroom was probably the most updated of the entire room. I was very excited for the whirlpool tub, but did not like that I was restricted from its use after 10:30 PM due to its sound. And boy do they mean it. I maybe took a bubble bath for 5 minutes. There was no way I could relax! I'm not picky, and this was loud, very loud, not relaxing at all. Mind you. the jets are at your feet, ankles and two that jet water (depending on how tall you are) around your mid torso. The idea of breakfast in bed and in a basket was the best part. It was very good, but limited. You are limited to the times it is delivered to you too. The food was good, but the coffee was not. and again I'm not picky, but it was very watery and weak. I agree with many others that this is a very loud structure. I probably got in bed around 9PM and could not fall asleep because the people above us were back and forth. You can hear the traffic all night long, even though not much you notice it very well. I would recommend some shades in the huge tall windows. I woke up at sunrise as the plastic blinds on the window did not keep the sun out. Another thing that many other bed and breakfast's have are common areas and places to roam while you are there. It was very awkward to have employees working right outside of our door. Everytime you leave someone is there and its just not private enough. Its not even like its the owner. Every other bed and breakfast we've been to, we have met the owners and they were an interactive part of our experience. Overall, this was not our favorite stay at a bed and breakfast. I think it all depends on your personal standards and tastes. Hopefully some of our constructive comments will be taken into consideration. Lastly, it was very expensive for one night. It was $169 and then I added the wine and chocolate for $20 which was my choice so, but be careful, when they give you the total in your booking confirmation it does not include almost $20 in taxes and fees.

Room Tip: I would book over the phone and ask for specifics. Also I would try to sleep on the second floor to...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KTN2001
Reviewed 11 February 2012

What a great building! The old school turned into a stylish Inn. Original blackboards left in the suites - when was the last time you wrote on one? What fun. We stayed in Le Normandie Suite a bright corner room with floor to ceiling windows, gas fireplace, cozy couch and chairs and a wonderful king four poster bed. Nice size bathroom with whirlpool tub and love the towel warmer - Im thinking about one for our bathroom. Having a frig and Kuerig coffee maker was convenient and breakfast delivered in a basket was just charming. The staff we spoke with couldnt have been more helpful and answered all our questions, made dinner reservations for us and seemed more than happy to be there. We had a lovely 2 night stay and hope to back again soon. Thank you Chambery Inn - for a lovely weekend!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

What an experience to be a guest in an old school house turned bed and breakfast. The Chambery Inn in the town of Lee, MA is anything but a common B&B. The rooms are elegant with 13ft ceilings, old Amish style wood furnishings, gas fireplaces and very comfortable beds. They all contain 8ft windows looking out on the New England quaint town of Lee. All bathrooms are very large, some with whirlpool tub/shower combos.The rooms also have large flat screen television. The Chambery is very quiet at night and allowing a fitful night of slumber Another sign that this was an old school house was in the hallway where the staircases are marked one for boys and one for girls. Your breakfast each morning is delivered to your door in a metal basket. The night before you fill out a card with the selections listed. Choose fresh baked muffins, hard boiled egg, great oatmeal, toast, coffee etc etc....Excellent!!!!. The innkeepers are polite and very concerned about the comfort of the guest... The Chambery is a great find in the Berkshires of MA.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is a very unique Inn with a lot of character. it was once a school house and was originally in another location. The room we stayed in was once a school room and it still had the blackboards and a roll top desk but it also had a massive 4 poster bed, adorable porch, fireplaced seating area, bath for two and a sumptuous breakfast delivered in a basket in the morning. We found some excellent local restaurants and a grocery shop a few doors down had wine and cheese and crackers. The railroad restaurant out back had a nice lunch in an old train depot. The bed was comfy. The staff were freiendly and the Inn was very quiet. It was a lovely get away. We found it by accident. I spotted a brochure in a rest area and we decided to stp in and see if they had a vacancy. I would go back in a minute!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the school rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Hotel on North
Hotel on North
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Chambery Inn? Share your experiences!