Chambery Inn
US$70
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotels.com
All reviewsbreakfast basketgas fireplaceold schoolpicnic basketsitting areabreakfast in bedhigh ceilingshuge roomcatholic schoolsconeslate arrivalquichefoot ceilingscurrent locationfour poster beddelivered breakfastinteresting history
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The inn was so very cool. Pleasant reception and service. Great setting and value for the Berkshires. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Chambery Inn for 3 nights and loved it. The room was wonderful and had a fireplace and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was great after hiking and walking all day. The receptionist Tonya was so wonderful, she helped by telling us was available to do in the
area(some of the attractions were closed), the restaurants in the area and one night made great cookies for the guests. We loved the breakfast in the basket in the morning, since we didn't have to rush to get dressed to have breakfast which made it very relaxing in the morning. The inn was spotless and well worth the price, especially in the Berkshires. I have stayed at several other
hotels in the area over the past 15 years and this is definitely the best. I can't wait to return and I am telling everyone about the place.

Room Tip: The location is great since you can walk through the town and enjoy lunch or dinner w/o getting in the car and driving any distance. Our room was on the 1st floor which was a good location.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I were referred to the Chambery Inn by friends. We found the staff friendly and helpful. Everything in our suite worked! Such a treat to find everything in order. Breakfast was brought to our room in a large basket, and it was right on time. Only one small disappointment: our breakfast included one raw egg in shell instead of two hard-boiled eggs. We were given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, as it was my husband's birthday. Nice stay overall.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed for Valentine's Day 2012 and could not have been a better choice for what we were looking for. Easily six or seven restaurants and stores within a short walk. Right there for several culteral stores and museums. B&B is not typical of a grand lobby, but once you get past the small entryway, you get into the beautiful room. This was a pleasant surprise. If you want cozy, historic, romantic and charm, this place is perfect. Yes, it's an old building. We can accept that the floors squeek, that the doors can stick a little. But to us, that's part of the charm. Where else are you going to get 12 ft ceilings, a massive suite, gas fireplace (all you do is flip the switch!), a poster bed, coffee maker a fridge and our favorite id the breakfast basket delivered to our room. Sorry, still have not gotten used to dining with strangers so this was a major selling point.

Room Tip: Not sure but ours was 202, it's big and comfy
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G8ter
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I was very excited to go to this inn, but it actually ended up disappointing me. Upon arrival we walked in and were not sure at all where to go. Their was a woman on the phone speaking in a foreign language and looked at us and turned the corner. We were very confused as the sign read.."You may find help on the lower leve", yet the "check in" area was right where we were with a bell on the desk stating "Ring for service." But we didn't want to ring it since the woman was on the phone. A good five minutes later she checked us in stating we weren't supposed to arrive till 7:30. Yes, I originally stated this, but all week I had been corresponding from someone from the Inn and I said that we would arrive a lot earlier and the email read that anytime from 2-7 was fine. So basically it was just awkward that we were there earlier than they had expected. The room was unique and the idea of it is unique, but it does need some updating. The upholstery for the chairs, carpet and curtains are very very old. Our electric fireplace just lit under the pretend logs and did not show any flame, so we didn't get to enjoy that. The web site is not updated as it states there are VCR's in every room, ours had a DVD player. THis obviously was a good thing. I had asked for wine and chocolate to be in the room upon arrival. It was, but I paid for chocolates from http://www.chocolatesprings.com/ which they stated online and in my email, yet we got "Harry & David's" cookies and 4 small chocolates. I did not ask for cookies and I did not want chocolate from the local H&D outlet store. I'm not usually one to complain, but when you look at the chocolate springs website and see what amazing chocolate they make, that is what you expect. The web site is very vague when you book. When I booked it said they had "The schoolhouse suite available." THere are about 4 schoolhouse suites so I did not know which one I was getting. The bathroom was probably the most updated of the entire room. I was very excited for the whirlpool tub, but did not like that I was restricted from its use after 10:30 PM due to its sound. And boy do they mean it. I maybe took a bubble bath for 5 minutes. There was no way I could relax! I'm not picky, and this was loud, very loud, not relaxing at all. Mind you. the jets are at your feet, ankles and two that jet water (depending on how tall you are) around your mid torso. The idea of breakfast in bed and in a basket was the best part. It was very good, but limited. You are limited to the times it is delivered to you too. The food was good, but the coffee was not. and again I'm not picky, but it was very watery and weak. I agree with many others that this is a very loud structure. I probably got in bed around 9PM and could not fall asleep because the people above us were back and forth. You can hear the traffic all night long, even though not much you notice it very well. I would recommend some shades in the huge tall windows. I woke up at sunrise as the plastic blinds on the window did not keep the sun out. Another thing that many other bed and breakfast's have are common areas and places to roam while you are there. It was very awkward to have employees working right outside of our door. Everytime you leave someone is there and its just not private enough. Its not even like its the owner. Every other bed and breakfast we've been to, we have met the owners and they were an interactive part of our experience. Overall, this was not our favorite stay at a bed and breakfast. I think it all depends on your personal standards and tastes. Hopefully some of our constructive comments will be taken into consideration. Lastly, it was very expensive for one night. It was $169 and then I added the wine and chocolate for $20 which was my choice so, but be careful, when they give you the total in your booking confirmation it does not include almost $20 in taxes and fees.

Room Tip: I would book over the phone and ask for specifics. Also I would try to sleep on the second floor to avoid hearing people walking back and forth.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple